New grand arena problems

T82xum1558tux.jpg
This is the arena Im thrown into. My gp is 2.8 mil while my opponents is 5 mil. This matchmaking is horrible. Is anyone else being put into matches like this?

Replies

• Options
    Me too 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭
  • Options
    I dont even have 2 fleets to set in defence
  • Options
    Mi114 wrote: »

And we still need two for offense. CG really screwed us with this.
  • Blah_Blah
    15 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I'm 1.1M GP and I'm up against a 3.6M gp player with GAS & Malak. In my GAC bracket only 1 player is 2.6M gp & all others are in 3.2 - 3.6M gp range
    GAC is about competing with other similar skilled players right? So can anyone tell me how to "Compete" against these players?
  • Options
    Its gonna be 💩 show for another 2 months just hang in there, last season there was a guy with 4 GLs and executor this season there is a guy with 3 GLs and executor, so its improving
  • Options
    GP doesn’t matter anymore
  • Options
    Sithari9 wrote: »
    T82xum1558tux.jpg
    This is the arena Im thrown into. My gp is 2.8 mil while my opponents is 5 mil. This matchmaking is horrible. Is anyone else being put into matches like this?

You have similar if not identical skill rating, this is how it works
  • Options
    Did you guys crush all comers last GAC? If so, you may have shot up further than your roster can handle.

Now you'll lose, and skill rating will place you back where you can compete. Hopefully by the end of this second season you should stabilize a bit. But if you have gone up a league to where you need too many fleets/squads I'm afraid you're stuck there for the season.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Options
    Did you guys crush all comers last GAC? If so, you may have shot up further than your roster can handle.

Now you'll lose, and skill rating will place you back where you can compete. Hopefully by the end of this second season you should stabilize a bit. But if you have gone up a league to where you need too many fleets/squads I'm afraid you're stuck there for the season.

This 👆

Also there is a reason why you have been matched up against these guys. They might not actually participate fully, have poor mods, poor understanding of mechanics, counters etc which is why your skill ratings are the same/similar. If you keep winning then eventually you will get to rosters that you just can't handle and then drop down again and meet more reasonable opponents.

The only way to keep climbing is to improve your roster.
  • Options
    Tintguy wrote: »
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

Skill rating shouldn't matter. If Im going to go against someone with more gp, I shouldn't also be required to set up double the teams. I'm not capable of setting up that many teams because my gp is not high enough. So its not their skill rating thats the problem, its that Im expected to have as many teams as them...
  • Options
    My sons 3.5m GP account with no GLs keeps getting paired vs 4.2-4.8m GP opps who have GLs

Matchmaking kind of blows
  • Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

Skill rating shouldn't matter. If Im going to go against someone with more gp, I shouldn't also be required to set up double the teams. I'm not capable of setting up that many teams because my gp is not high enough. So its not their skill rating thats the problem, its that Im expected to have as many teams as them...

I don't like the term "skill rating". But I'm sure your definition of it is also not correct. "Skill rating" at the moment does not only reflect the current "playing" skill of a player. Rather it includes the roster development skill and fore sure also the monetary aspect.

As explained by others, at this stage you are probably punching way above what your roster development and monetary investment could handle. Your playing skill so far is probably the only thing in this "skill rating" equation, which allowed you to be matched up with your current opponent.

But no worries. It is a self-regulatory system. And ultimately everyone here has to deal with losses. It's perfectly normal and no reason to complain about. Unless you are proud of it, in which case it turns into a brag rather than a complaint.

• Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

Keep in mind this system is placed to stop people that only gear meta teams, and kept facing people with random teams in lower GP GAC, now its your battle rating thats what matters, you will be in a steady position soon, and as you unlock more characters and teams you will slowly climb up the ranks and gain more rewards, trust me facing people with 4 GLs and executor isnt fun when you got 2 GLs and no executor lol, give it a month and you will face people similar to your own roster
  • Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

Keep in mind this system is placed to stop people that only gear meta teams, and kept facing people with random teams in lower GP GAC, now its your battle rating thats what matters, you will be in a steady position soon, and as you unlock more characters and teams you will slowly climb up the ranks and gain more rewards, trust me facing people with 4 GLs and executor isnt fun when you got 2 GLs and no executor lol, give it a month and you will face people similar to your own roster

Battle rating still doesn't matter though. Having enough teams to place on offense and defense has absolutely nothing to do with skill rating. It has to do with your gp. So as someone who doesn't have enough gp to place all those teams, my skill rating is useless
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

I don't like the term "skill rating". But I'm sure your definition of it is also not correct. "Skill rating" at the moment does not only reflect the current "playing" skill of a player. Rather it includes the roster development skill and fore sure also the monetary aspect.

As explained by others, at this stage you are probably punching way above what your roster development and monetary investment could handle. Your playing skill so far is probably the only thing in this "skill rating" equation, which allowed you to be matched up with your current opponent.

But no worries. It is a self-regulatory system. And ultimately everyone here has to deal with losses. It's perfectly normal and no reason to complain about. Unless you are proud of it, in which case it turns into a brag rather than a complaint.

The only thing that matters in this current arena IS gp. Im required to set up twice as many teams as before... Having the ability to set up enough on defense and still have enough on offense comes from your gp. Doesn't matter how well I did last arena... My gp is whats causing this significant disadvantage. So its lame that cg did this so it wouldn't be dependent on gp, but now its more dependent on gp than ever.
  • Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

The only thing that matters in this current arena IS gp. Im required to set up twice as many teams as before... Having the ability to set up enough on defense and still have enough on offense comes from your gp. Doesn't matter how well I did last arena... My gp is whats causing this significant disadvantage. So its lame that cg did this so it wouldn't be dependent on gp, but now its more dependent on gp than ever.

And you'll probably lose because you don't have enough teams compared to a higher GP account, at which point you'll drop down.

All it means is that you're this months winner of the "GAC Matchmaking Isn't Fair" award for people who can't understand that it will take time for the ladder system to even itself out.
  • Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

And you'll probably lose because you don't have enough teams compared to a higher GP account, at which point you'll drop down.

All it means is that you're this months winner of the "GAC Matchmaking Isn't Fair" award for people who can't understand that it will take time for the ladder system to even itself out.

Yes, thank you for explaining how it works. But if me losing two out of three battles from last arena is enough to bump me up to an automatic loss, Im sure anyone would be confused as to why... Its not like I was on xgames mode last arena and thats why Im being bumped up
  • Options
    I have the same problem and other guild members too. Last time the matchmaking was more or less ok.
  • Options
    Number on teams to set on defence comes from league - in Carbonite 3/1 (teams/fleets), in Bronzium 5/1, in Chromium 7/2, in Aurodium 9/2 and in Kyber 11/2 (5v5, for 3v3 there are different numbers). So there's no single season change that can make you double requirements. If you finish season in Carbonite1 for example, you are promoted to Bronzium 5 and next season you are required to put 2 more teams on defence. From your screenshot I reckon you are in Chromium now, so you have to put 7/2 whereas you had it at 5/1 last season - so plus 2 teams and 1 fleet - not double.

Skill rating is not all about GP (and roster size), but more about how well you put to use what's at your disposal. Because of that it promotes more balanced roster instead of super-focused meta teams: with the same effort /crystal/energy investment you can build 2 g12 teams instead on one g13 (that's of course simplification, not taking counters and so on into account, just a general idea). In the old "squad arena focus" one g13 easily was better for generating crystal income, in GAC it's the oposite. It is designed to self-regulate and in long term you are to achieve 50-50 win-loss ratio (apart from upper Kyber, where there is nowhere to go up). If yours skill rating is at level of something between Bronzium1/Chromium5 you will oscillate and "Chromium season" will be mostly losses, skill rating drops, you are demoted to Bronzium1, "mostly wins", promotion and so on. As time passes you will develop more teams, and at one time "Chromium 5" season will no longer be "mostly losses" and no more demotion. Then "stable Chromium 5" era, then "oscillate between Chromium5 and Chromium4"....
  • Options
    Number on teams to set on defence comes from league - in Carbonite 3/1 (teams/fleets), in Bronzium 5/1, in Chromium 7/2, in Aurodium 9/2 and in Kyber 11/2 (5v5, for 3v3 there are different numbers). So there's no single season change that can make you double requirements. If you finish season in Carbonite1 for example, you are promoted to Bronzium 5 and next season you are required to put 2 more teams on defence. From your screenshot I reckon you are in Chromium now, so you have to put 7/2 whereas you had it at 5/1 last season - so plus 2 teams and 1 fleet - not double.

Skill rating is not all about GP (and roster size), but more about how well you put to use what's at your disposal. Because of that it promotes more balanced roster instead of super-focused meta teams: with the same effort /crystal/energy investment you can build 2 g12 teams instead on one g13 (that's of course simplification, not taking counters and so on into account, just a general idea). In the old "squad arena focus" one g13 easily was better for generating crystal income, in GAC it's the oposite. It is designed to self-regulate and in long term you are to achieve 50-50 win-loss ratio (apart from upper Kyber, where there is nowhere to go up). If yours skill rating is at level of something between Bronzium1/Chromium5 you will oscillate and "Chromium season" will be mostly losses, skill rating drops, you are demoted to Bronzium1, "mostly wins", promotion and so on. As time passes you will develop more teams, and at one time "Chromium 5" season will no longer be "mostly losses" and no more demotion. Then "stable Chromium 5" era, then "oscillate between Chromium5 and Chromium4"....

i completely agree 100% with this!
  • Options
    T82xum1558tux.jpg

If Im going to go against someone with more gp, I shouldn't also be required to set up double the teams. I'm not capable of setting up that many teams because my gp is not high enough.

Did you even read the GAC post when they moved crystals over? They clearly said that they want people to have 50% win rate.
    If you're winning the majority of your matches, then you need to lose some afterwards. This is how you lose. Working as intended.
  • Options
    And then?
  • Options
    Number of teams to place is based on your Division, not your GP. Your Division is based on your Skill Rating.
  • Options
    "skill rating" put me now against people with 1 or 2 million more gp. If you don't want this you have to lose some games. If you are winni g all the time sometime you hit a wall wit more "skill"
  • Options
    This is WAI, no one should be surprised at the matchmaking to start this season, will likely be this way for the next 4 weeks until it starts to settle. As some said already, there is a reason these high GP players are falling down, just check their GAC history on swgoh gg and you'll likely find they don't really understand counters or how to optimize for GAC.

Both my accounts are up against GP that ranges from 2-3x what I am, and after checking both my 1st round matchups I actually believe I can still win despite these GP differences, and the fact I can't even fully place all the required squads. I just know I can likely get a full clear and MAYBE trip them up on my fleet or 1 defensive teams to at least steal banners.
  • Options
    Check out their GAC history on SWGOH.gg - maybe they dropped because they didn't do any battles. If they do that again, you still have a chance to win...
  • Options
    Need to change name from GAC to Farm Arena Championship. With no pts for setting defenses, you just need to have either +1 GL team over opponent or Piett’s cap ship over opp. Save all teams to clear their D. Set trash or nothing + PiExec & u win, set +1 GL team & 2 relic teams & nothing else & u win. All strategy is gone. Simply down to out $$’d or out farmed. And biggest guilds get more rewards, so abandon your non-MAL sized guild time again. In last GAC’s, none of my opponents have set more than 4 teams total on defense and I lose since no Pi-Exec & 1-GL team. At least i know I’ve lost right when i open. Thx
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    What's with all the necros today?
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    What's with all the necros today?

I have an explanation, but I'm going to come back in 6 months and post it.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Options
    Mi114 wrote: »
    Need to change name from GAC to Farm Arena Championship. With no pts for setting defenses, you just need to have either +1 GL team over opponent or Piett’s cap ship over opp. Save all teams to clear their D. Set trash or nothing + PiExec & u win, set +1 GL team & 2 relic teams & nothing else & u win. All strategy is gone. Simply down to out $$’d or out farmed. And biggest guilds get more rewards, so abandon your non-MAL sized guild time again. In last GAC’s, none of my opponents have set more than 4 teams total on defense and I lose since no Pi-Exec & 1-GL team. At least i know I’ve lost right when i open. Thx

Come to 6 GL lvl ... And see the magic of 6 GL defense