Kit Reveal: Second Sister

Replies

• Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Abilities have 30% chance to do something?

We're back in 2017 SWGOH!

Does this mean we can use accuracy arrows ?
  • Options
    Oink wrote: »
    This is nice and glad to see a new faction but come on FINISH THE TUSKEN faction already. Book of Boba gave you three choices to make characters to finish this faction. WHY NOT FINISH THEM??????

No kidding. Why release toons unrelated to mando and dbb
  • Options
    … I’m now realizing, how does inflicting the entire ally team with Marked help at all? Doesn’t that just let the enemies target whoever they want to target?

I guess it can help against the AI but against the player that’s more of a downside.
  • Options
    When was the last time you saw jedi on defense in TW other than GLs? What a lame kit hopefully other sisters/brothers will fix this

just because you don't see jedi defense doesn't mean it doesn't exist, plus lower levels are probably more likely to use jedi defense unlike higher teirs
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    … I’m now realizing, how does inflicting the entire ally team with Marked help at all? Doesn’t that just let the enemies target whoever they want to target?

I guess it can help against the AI but against the player that’s more of a downside.

til CG adds some conquest feat requiring 3000 marks or smtn
  • Options
    The omicron excluding GLs, is that the GL specifically, or their abilities? So against GLKenobi does it block the rest of his teams heal/prot regen or does the whole thing get nullified by the presence of a GL?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Finally we have Inquisitors!
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • LordDirt
    5013 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Where is the helicopter ability?

The 8th Brother was the only one of the inquisitors to use his lightsaber as a helicopter. I can assume that if they add him it will be one of his specials

Go to 5:42

tv7niw8cprwz.png

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KM5Z6C5T9BE
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    "Whenever an ally is Marked, Mark all other allies for 2 turns which can't be copied, dispelled or prevented."

Is this meant to be enemies? Or just something to confuse the AI? Or a way to incorporate her everyone is expandable thing?

No, it makes more sense to be allies. It creates a situation where, if the enemy team tries to force a taunt (using Marked), they wind up doing nothing because when everyone is taunting, no one is.

Basically, the enemy team can't assign higher priority to someone on your team, but your team still can through normal taunts. I'm thinking the Ninth Sister will be a taunting tank?
  • Options
    nitzel wrote: »
    Gale_Toral wrote: »
    "Whenever an ally is Marked, Mark all other allies for 2 turns which can't be copied, dispelled or prevented."

Is this meant to be enemies? Or just something to confuse the AI? Or a way to incorporate her everyone is expandable thing?
    i think this is meant to counter things like JKR

Or it is meant to make her suck with Lord Vader.
  • NYIM
    61 posts Member
    Options
    There is a new PVE enemy jedi with a blue double-bladed lightsaber, intriguing...
    Yeah, interessting that nobody talks about that.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I was genuinely excited when I saw her. I liked Fallen Order and she was a really cool villain. But then I read the kit. All in all, she's just a bland, generic attacker with additional hoop to jump through. And the lead... do we really need a specific counter for JKR on defense? Did someone at CG accidentally turn the calendar a few years back instead of one year forward? This could have been one of the noname brothers/sisters from Rebels.
    Oh, and she focuses on def penetration and crit damage, which is the exact combination they used to justify the nerfs. But we all already knew that it was a lame excuse.
  • Options
    Unaligned Force User

Hmm, but does that make sense? Nothing wrong with other tags.
  • Options
    She has a lot of stacking critical damage. I just hope she won't be yet another wet noodle slapper.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    When was the last time you saw jedi on defense in TW other than GLs? What a lame kit hopefully other sisters/brothers will fix this

just because you don't see jedi defense doesn't mean it doesn't exist, plus lower levels are probably more likely to use jedi defense unlike higher teirs

what about a Padmé defense with GK, JKA ans Snips?
  • Options
    In the 200m bracket tw, we do have walls of jkr.

As it stands, this isn't for kyber1/gl owners, but early to mid game players.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

> is meant for early to mid game
    > requires an omicron that will become useless
    Yeah, that sounds about right for CG...
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »

Just like for many Zetasm such as QGJ, before they added his Omicron
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »

Just like for many Zetasm such as QGJ, before they added his Omicron

Not really. QGJ zeta was great at its time but it was made obsolete as the game itself progressed, not as individual players progress. This has built-in planned obsolescence from the very beginning. And omicrons are much harder to come by than zetas.
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options
    Just like for many Zetas such as QGJ, before they added his Omicron
    Not really. QGJ zeta was great at its time but it was made obsolete as the game itself progressed, not as individual players progress. This has built-in planned obsolescence from the very beginning. And omicrons are much harder to come by than zetas.

True, QGJ was a must-have for everyone at that time. I think a Omicron that will lose its relevance while a player progresses ist ok, as there are always choices how to develop your rosters and which teams will be most important.
    For example Phoenix squad, important at the early game, abandoned later.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Just like for many Zetas such as QGJ, before they added his Omicron

True, QGJ was a must-have for everyone at that time. I think a Omicron that will lose its relevance while a player progresses ist ok, as there are always choices how to develop your rosters and which teams will be most important.
    For example Phoenix squad, important at the early game, abandoned later.

I guess it depends on what are the plans for omicrons going forward. If they become more accessible, you might be right. If the income stays the same, it's a waste of highly valuable resources desighed to prey on new players.
  • Options

Exactly. CG wants new players to whale on the Inqusisitor marquees, then buy them omicrons/gear... And half a year later they are no longer worth anything, so they have to spend again.
    Classic CG greediness.
  • Options
    CG: We're removing the ability to ignore defense from several characters … these units pose a significant balance concern … it's diminishing our ability to use defense in the future as an interesting and valuable stat and restricts our design space

Also CG: This ability has +150% Defense Penetration. … Whenever an enemy or Empire ally is defeated, Second Sister gains bonuses … 2nd Empire ally or enemy: +100% Defense Penetration
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    CG: We're removing the ability to ignore defense from several characters … these units pose a significant balance concern … it's diminishing our ability to use defense in the future as an interesting and valuable stat and restricts our design space

Also CG: This ability has +150% Defense Penetration. … Whenever an enemy or Empire ally is defeated, Second Sister gains bonuses … 2nd Empire ally or enemy: +100% Defense Penetration

CG in a nutshell. If only we could get some basic honesty...
  • Options
    StAugJames wrote: »
    Where is the helicopter ability?

The 8th Brother was the only one of the inquisitors to use his lightsaber as a helicopter. I can assume that if they add him it will be one of his specials

If you watched Rebels there are at least three inquisitors that have done that. There's an episode where Maul, the inquisitors and the main characters are all racing through a Sith temple to find a Sith holocron, and the inquisitors used it to attack the others from a cliff while they were running to the upper levels.
  • Options
    There is a new PVE enemy jedi with a blue double-bladed lightsaber, intriguing...
    A reskin from Cal or another inquisitor would be my guesses.
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Thought you guys were doing away with defence pen? Wasn't that the whole point of the great nerf?

My guess ist, that with defense pen you can have counter-ability that modify that value. Like "enemy lose 100% defense penetration". If they ignore defense completely, this would not be possible
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Thought you guys were doing away with defence pen? Wasn't that the whole point of the great nerf?

It wasn't the point but the excuse given to us. The point was making GLs untouchable.