Please - No more cantina farms!!

Replies

• Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Easy solution would be to adapt cantina energy to the others:
    10/h instead of 6/h and rebuy for 50/50/50/100/100/100

That would be awesome. It would also align with what CG has said before that they wanted everyone to be able to play with relics more.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    Wait doesn't everyone always complain

Yes.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    Options
    I'd prefer awesome characters (like Dash, KK, and fingers crossed for Mara Jade) go onto Cantina nodes. I'd trade delaying some relic levels by a couple weeks for a great new toon any day
  • Options
    Just look at any character that has more than one source to farm. They're the most likely target to have the new marquees.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    If they keep releasing a new character every 3 weeks and keep putting them on Cantina farms, there will be no chance to farm Signal data with Cantina energy anymore. Hopefully, CG isn't doing that. For now, I'm happy to get Dash and KK faster, but I'm a tad worried that this is a new trend.

No chance to farm? This is a resource management game, you need to pick what resources to go after and when.

You missed my entire point. It takes about 3 weeks to farm a toon put on a 12-energy node. If they put a new one there every 3 weeks, you'd never be able to do anything else, or you'd have to forego chatacters, or you'd have to get signal data or shards from shipments and packs. That's a big "if", which is why I said I'm only "a tad worried".
  • Options
    I suppose you could still call this a resource allocation decision. But it would be of a nature we have not seen before.
  • Options
    For kyle, I will finish him quickly since he has an immediate home in my mm team.
    Then use a refresh a day on dash to slow farm him and still farm signal data. I don't have a team for dash at the moment so no hurry. I also don't plan on gearing the whole prepared squad.

I assume at least one of the others will be a hard node so getting dash quicker will not help get starkiller quicker.

• Options
    If they keep releasing a new character every 3 weeks and keep putting them on Cantina farms, there will be no chance to farm Signal data with Cantina energy anymore. Hopefully, CG isn't doing that. For now, I'm happy to get Dash and KK faster, but I'm a tad worried that this is a new trend.

No chance to farm? This is a resource management game, you need to pick what resources to go after and when.

You missed my entire point. It takes about 3 weeks to farm a toon put on a 12-energy node. If they put a new one there every 3 weeks, you'd never be able to do anything else, or you'd have to forego chatacters, or you'd have to get signal data or shards from shipments and packs. That's a big "if", which is why I said I'm only "a tad worried".

Before these two came to the cantina it had been a year since the last one went to the cantina. I think two in a years time is ok.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options

Before these two came to the cantina it had been a year since the last one went to the cantina. I think two in a years time is ok.

I agree. I haven't disputed that.

I think 1 every 3 or 4 months is fine. But if the 1 per 2-3 weeks trend continues...
  • Options
    Carina farm any day over hard node.
  • Options
    I prefer cantina farms. Quicker to get to 7* and I don’t start them until I’m ready to relic them or I’m ahead in my relic farming meaning I got 115/115/75. So I’ll finish my stormtrooper to r5 tomorrow and then start kk. I’ll wait to see if Mara and darth whatever are also cantina before committing to dash and them to get starkiller.
  • Options
    And yet fleet nodes continue to be left untouched.
  • Monel
    2787 posts Member
    Options
    zatho wrote: »
    Easy solution would be to adapt cantina energy to the others:
    10/h instead of 6/h and rebuy for 50/50/50/100/100/100

Except that doesn't completely align it. You are assuming all campaign energy nodes are considered "normal" yet in fact they would be considered "hard". All characters that are farmed from LS/DS nodes come from hard nodes. Hard nodes limit to 5 battles per day and then require crystals to refresh.

So if you adapted the same model over to cantina battles sure we could get energy at a faster rate but then we would get capped nodes to go along with it.

No thanks, happy with the way it is now. I'll spend half my cantina energy on a character node and the other half farming relic mats.
  • Monel
    2787 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Bill0207 wrote: »
    Wait doesn't everyone always complain

Yes.

I only ever complain about other people's complaints. I hate when I do that!
  • Options
    It's not that bad yet with 2 cantina farms and generally a new cantina farm was a welcome thing after all those hard node farms. Kyle being only a 12 energy node is nice aswell. However it would be a low blow if there's gonna be 1 more farm put on cantina. The next 2 SK reqs need to go to hard and/or fleet nodes.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Why does everyone want to 6* Dash and then move on to Kyle?
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    I actually like cantina farms. Id rather have a toon in month in in 3-4 months. If all SO are in cantina, I'm fine with that. There are so many toons in the game that some new ones should be cantina too. Also Kylo is on 12 energy node, not 16 which is great too
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    It's not that bad yet with 2 cantina farms and generally a new cantina farm was a welcome thing after all those hard node farms. Kyle being only a 12 energy node is nice aswell. However it would be a low blow if there's gonna be 1 more farm put on cantina. The next 2 SK reqs need to go to hard and/or fleet nodes.

No thank you on the hard or fleet nodes. Almost have Dash finished and will start on Kyle. By the time the others drop Kyle will be more than half way done. I dont mind cantina farms for a bit if it helps me get 5 characters quickly.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why does everyone want to 6* Dash and then move on to Kyle?

Huh?
  • Magruffin
    806 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Jpfit262 wrote: »

They just put Omega in fleets about 6 months ago?
  • Options
    Magruffin wrote: »

That was a brutal farm. I dont even want to think about that again.
  • WD_40
    113 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Maybe, but we still have 2 hard nodes in Sector 5 that don't give character drops, just gear, and not even super rare gear at that
  • Options
    shhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Metroplex79
    835 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    We had Omega and Greef Karga in Fleet nodes somewhat recently. But don't we need to free up Fleet nodes to farm those pieces for G12 finishers? I was kinda upset at that time to farm those 2.

Either way, more than a few people will be upset whereever a new farm location is placed.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I'm predicting at least one more of the remaining Starkiller reqs will go to a cantina node (perhaps the Snowtrooper one?). With the other being either a hard or fleet node.
  • Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    You can always do only a few sims for the toons and the rest on signal data.
    That would make it close to the same as farming the toon from a hard node and still get your signal data. And it also gives you the option to switch to one over the other whenever you want.

You better watch out, you are making too much sense.

And personally I am getting a lot more crystals from GAC than I ever did from arena... HUGE difference. So I'll use those crystals to just buy the signal data. Its a bit of a mind shift to think about using those crystal that way, but I think it works well.
  • Options

When is the last time we had a new DS hard node farm? All of the Bad Batch except Omega went on LS as did Fennec. If they end up putting another toon soon on LS or DS, I hope they go DS.
  • Options
    nottenst wrote: »

When is the last time we had a new DS hard node farm? All of the Bad Batch except Omega went on LS as did Fennec. If they end up putting another toon soon on LS or DS, I hope they go DS.

Last character to go onto a DS hard node was Bo-Katan I think, and that was in May last year. So it's been a while