GAC is hurting my growth

Prev13
Ever since crystals have been moved to GAC my account growth has slowed extremely. I was getting 900 crystals every day from arena but ever since it’s moved to GAC and because of me losing a lot i have no where near as many crystals as I could be getting. I had a total income of 27k crystals every month and now I get no where even near that. I understand that most people like it the way it is now. And I agree the new system makes more sense and make GAC more rewarding. But for people who are not good at pvp it’s really hurting them. I thought maybe because im losing I’ll get better match making but that hasn’t been the case. And im sure all the trolls will come by and say “get good” or whatever 12 year old call of duty quote they use. At least in SA I had multiple attempts to get crystals. In GAC you don’t.

Replies

• Options
    What level are you in? And what got you 900 crystals a day before? Wow. I am in kyber 3 (was kyber 4 two rounds) and I get tons of crystals now. For me, it's the best change they've made.
  • Options
    I hear you, I hate GA. Figure it is CG telling me they dont want my money anymore. I cut them off and now I just sit back and relax. Makes me not care so much about this game. Once you do that you will be better off.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    Ever since crystals have been moved to GAC my account growth has slowed extremely. I was getting 900 crystals every day from arena but ever since it’s moved to GAC and because of me losing a lot i have no where near as many crystals as I could be getting. I had a total income of 27k crystals every month and now I get no where even near that. I understand that most people like it the way it is now. And I agree the new system makes more sense and make GAC more rewarding. But for people who are not good at pvp it’s really hurting them. I thought maybe because im losing I’ll get better match making but that hasn’t been the case. And im sure all the trolls will come by and say “get good” or whatever 12 year old call of duty quote they use. At least in SA I had multiple attempts to get crystals. In GAC you don’t.

Which league/division are you in? If you were a relatively new player (Ie in last year or so) in a relatively young squad arena, the new format definitely hurts your growth if you had been collecting 900 daily, for people who didn’t do well in squad arena, or those in Kyber, I think the crystals in take is higher. If you are not new, then just be patient until you drop to the right level and hitting about 50% win rate, and you will stabilize your crystals income

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    I hear you, I hate GA. Figure it is CG telling me they dont want my money anymore. I cut them off and now I just sit back and relax. Makes me not care so much about this game. Once you do that you will be better off.

After the GAC changes I went from playing this game competitively to playing more casually, got no arena meta to chase anymore so I have no reason to compete for crystals as much.
  • Options
    You can't be that bad at PvP as you were ranking 1st in both arenas. The big change to GAC and crystal income is that you can't usually get away with the meta squad of thr day. You need strength in depth.

Post your .gg let's see where you can strengthen.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    According to this comment of yours:

There's some severe mismatch between your OP in this discussion and your profile on swgoh.gg.
  • Options
    Try Gems of War. It blows swgoh away. No need to spin characters, it will keep you busy as long as you want to play. Time to quit this silly game and move on. Cg will continue to upset people and it really isn't worth taking their abuse. Forget about crystals and move on. Or play this game at a leisurely pace and enjoy life away from your phone. Either way, you will love not playing 3 hours a day and crystal problems will go away (for you.....cg will always push them on the players like a crack addiction so let cg and only cg worry about crystals)
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Options
    Try Gems of War. It blows swgoh away. No need to spin characters, it will keep you busy as long as you want to play. Time to quit this silly game and move on. Cg will continue to upset people and it really isn't worth taking their abuse. Forget about crystals and move on. Or play this game at a leisurely pace and enjoy life away from your phone. Either way, you will love not playing 3 hours a day and crystal problems will go away (for you.....cg will always push them on the players like a crack addiction so let cg and only cg worry about crystals)

The only reason this game is alive is because of the Star Wars characters, which is the reason majority of us play it lol. Gems of war ain’t got Star Wars in it
  • Ghost666
    329 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Well...in my guild MANY (not sure if MOST) players say they are earning A LOT MORE crystals since GAC changed..

I know i have been getting way more...not sure why, as my wins are roughly the same...
    I am undert he impression that IN GENERAL the new GAC system is providing MORE crystals...but i am not sure, as my sample is small. Just pretty sure that not everyone is earning less :)

I DONT DOUBT some players are earning LESS...BUT it should be checked who wins more, who wins less...and most importantly...the WHY...
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    So a shard mafia person can’t earn easy crystals anymore!?!
    Weird complaint. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Weird complaint. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It’s even weirder when you look at his .gg profile. That player was never earning 900 a day and doesn’t appear to be participating in GAC at all.
  • JackedJedi
    110 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Waqui wrote: »
    According to this comment of yours:

There's some severe mismatch between your OP in this discussion and your profile on swgoh.gg.

He's upset that he needs to actually earn his crystals and compete against everyone fairly. He's upset that cg ended the arena mafia which benefited the few and now if you don't earn crystals/win then it's on you and not a shard chat.
  • Options
    Just goes to show that not all the complaints are valid. Not to say everything is perfect or anything silly like that, but the game isn't dead. I for one think that the increased strategy of GA is a hell of a lot more fun than the old SA.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Weird complaint. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It’s even weirder when you look at his .gg profile. That player was never earning 900 a day and doesn’t appear to be participating in GAC at all.

Hahah wow!! Now this is a total self entitled thread and not an actual loss of anything hahaha!
    This is the times we live in. The self entitlement years. Booooo!
    And I just noticed his name hahah!!

wHaLe HaRdEr!!
  • Options
    I miss finishing in the top 3 in SA every day. Definitely reduced my crystal income. But honestly it's been much better for the guild i am in as a whole. We have seen significant growth in our GP. I'll take that as a small victory as i do not like the change myself. I am pretty outmatched GL wise in GAC every round. Still do alright but in K1-2 it's a bit of a mess with MM.
  • Options
    Weird complaint. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hahah wow!! Now this is a total self entitled thread and not an actual loss of anything hahaha!
    This is the times we live in. The self entitlement years. Booooo!
    And I just noticed his name hahah!!

wHaLe HaRdEr!!

Game name is even more ironic :D
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Moving crystals to GAC is 100% CG trying to get whales to spend on every GL instead of just the newest/best one, as well as to pressure F2Prs to gear up more teams to compete and thus deplete their hoards of gear and crystals so that they don't have the reserves to get the new shiny things, and therefore feel pressured to spend and become minnows/dolphins. I'm a F2P year 1 player and I hate GAC and what moving crystals there has done to the game. I am still hoarding for the next (GL/Conquest mandatory teams/Exec/ like ship) because I know its better for my account/guild in the long run, and as a F2P I will never be able to beat the whales I go up against in Kyber 1 unless they are bad at GAC (the matches I've won are because my opponents didn't set their wall of GLs on defense, and failed to clear my Exec or took multiple attempts on it). Eventually everyone will have close to a 50/50 win rate, so any panic gearing is just an exercise in futility.

tl;dr - I've been playing the game long enough to see when a move is made to syphon gear and personally chose to endure the temporary discomfort in order to keep my long term goals intact.
  • Options

You get daily crystals for doing absolutely nothing. If you’re in Kyber 1 you get 260 a day. Your fleet arena shouldn’t be affected either so you continue with that top spot income of another 400 you are getting 660 a day still.

It’s a net loss of 240 compared to before so you’re losing about….7200 crystals.

But let’s say you’re as bad as you claim and you’re in Kyber 5. So you get 180 a day plus your 400 and you have 580 a day, a difference of 320 per and a loss of 9600 for the month.

Now add in the rewards for the GAC rounds and the end of event and end of season in a month with you losing every single round.

You get 3 rounds in a weekly even and even losing all gets you 600. 4 events and now you’re at 2400 crystals. Dead last will get you an extra 100 crystals in weekly rewards so another 400 putting you at 2800. Add in the 1820 for the end of the season and you’re sitting at 4620

So yes, YOU are losing crystals but that’s because YOU are not participating in GAC. That’s YOUR choice and YOUR fault. Your SWGOH.GG shows you don’t join GAC so the lack of participation is costing you crystals. Not CG. If you even won half your matches you would actually earn MORE crystals than before during your shard mafia days.

I’m sorry that you don’t get to hoard all the best crystal rewards in your discord chat anymore, but the new system, aside from the matchmaking gives everyone a chance to earn too rewards and not just stonewall it behind discord chats.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

[...]
    But let’s say you’re as bad as you claim and you’re in Kyber 5.[...]

Let's say you check his profile on swgoh.gg and discover that he never played GAC (at least not since the change) and that he wasn't getting anything near the claimed 900 crystals a day before the change.

• TVF
    36662 posts Member
    Options
    This thread is a perfect example of why all forum accounts should be linked to a gg account and publicly visible to all.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

[...]

Let's say you check his profile on swgoh.gg and discover that he never played GAC (at least not since the change) and that he wasn't getting anything near the claimed 900 crystals a day before the change.

Let's not bogged down on that. He could've as well complained about his alt being hurt. Fact is, most us probably playing this game too long to understand the perspective of early or mid-game players.

But I also find it hard to buy the story about 900 crystal daily. Usually you need at least one refresh to get to top 1 in squad arena, that along leaves you with a net of 450 only.
  • Options

[...]

Oh I looked and saw he hasn’t even joined the last few GAC’s. That’s my point, the loss of crystals is his fault by not joining. Even giving it some kind of effort would get him the income he claimed to have lost. So while these changes are not ideal for those that dislike GAC, it’s still much better crystal income overall.

Antario wrote: »

[...]

Let's not bogged down on that. He could've as well complained about his alt being hurt. Fact is, most us probably playing this game too long to understand the perspective of early or mid-game players.

But I also find it hard to buy the story about 900 crystal daily. Usually you need at least one refresh to get to top 1 in squad arena, that along leaves you with a net of 450 only.

It’s a crucial point though because he’s losing crystals on his own refusal to just join GAC and make a single attack for banners to get rewards.

The sister guilds in my group have plenty of mid game players and they were beyond ecstatic about the GAC changes so they didn’t have to push to compete with Uber whales and Hyperdrive bundles in their shards.
  • Options
    I much prefer the new way I'm 4.7m gp and am in a day 1 shard i took a 2 year break so I never stood a chance of getting even top 100 with my 1 gl (see), this new method for crystals is great I get so many crystals, I understand the newer accounts don't but personally I never thought that was fair anyway, this way is perfectly fair and based on your whole roster rather than one team, the match ups are fair too I faced a 3.8m gp player and he had two gls and beat me even though I'm 900k more and that's perfectly acceptable, straight after i faced a 6.5m gp player who had no gl gas or malak and I won even though he's nearly 2m gp more so skill based definitely works also makes for better grand arenas, if you don't like grand arena then thats kinda on you I hated squad arena but just accepted the fact I never got any crystals at least this way regardless your gonna get some crystals
  • Options
    As someone who was constantly in the 20-50 range in arena, I like this change even though GAC gives me fits at times. I was initially put in Kyber 1 and after getting beat down by whales, I just went 3-0 in the first round in Kyber 2. I have a lot more crystals than I ever have had. Being on a launch or near launch shard hasn't been easy for either of my arenas. I would not mind a bit if they moved crystals from fleet arena as well.
  • Options
    Can the title of this thread be changed to:
    "Not participating in GAC is hurting my growth" ?
  • Options
    Aside from me doubting that you got 900 crystals a day, from the math I’ve done regarding GAC changes you could be getting 31000 crystals a month.

Assuming 1st in Fleet (which you claim) and winning every GAC battle (not out of the question), you’d be getting 4K crystals more than your supposed 27k a month.

I don’t know anyone that prefers squad over GAC now other than whiny squad chat overlords who think they’re entitled to a free pass on 1st place rewards…
  • Options
    If you got 900 crystals every day, there are only 2 possibilities:
    1- You aren't as bad in pvp as you claim to be.
    2- You were carried by a shard chat and you didn't deserve them.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    If you got 900 crystals every day, there are only 2 possibilities:
    1- You aren't as bad in pvp as you claim to be.
    2- You were carried by a shard chat and you didn't deserve them.

Both of these things are ridiculous to say. You cannot compare the ability to know how to use a single team to be one other single team 5 times a day to the level of ability you need to be "good" at GAC.