Random DOTs appearing during tier 3 of GL Luke Event

ObiFlanKenobi_1
11 posts Member
edited February 2022
Hopefully I’ll get a response/help from CG, but I’ve lost two attempts in a row on the third tier of GL Luke’s event. During the first encounter, I’ll get Vader down to a red amount of health and then 5 random DOTs will appear on Luke without Vader taking a turn. I had two runs at this tier on Friday and they were cake, so I saved up tickets to have two runs in case one somehow went wrong. Is there a mechanism in the event that changes Vader’s kit, or is this a glitch?
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Options
    Also, to clarify, he’ll have no debuffs and then go immediately to five without an attack from Vader
  • Options
    Read Vader's leadership ability again.
  • Options
    BeralCator wrote: »

I understand that it regains, but shouldn’t it regain the same amount from when it expired? My Luke cleared the first two times in the event when I had Vader down to a minimal amount of health and the 3 DOTs expired, but when it comes back up as five and Vader doesn’t throw, it starts stacking. It didn’t do that the first two attempts
  • Options

I understand that it regains, but shouldn’t it regain the same amount from when it expired? My Luke cleared the first two times in the event when I had Vader down to a minimal amount of health and the 3 DOTs expired, but when it comes back up as five and Vader doesn’t throw, it starts stacking. It didn’t do that the first two attempts

Following the same attack sequence as four or five other streamers that have tutorials on this tier with nearly identical loadouts and stats
  • Firebrigade
    852 posts Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Just ran back through the event for kicks and there’s definitely something fishy I think. It looks like the dots are sometimes skipping re-adding for a turn. In the second wave I had 3 applied initially, some turns I would show 3, some turns none and then they would reappear next turn. On a second Force Crush I picked up 2 more and then some turns I would have 5 showing, some turns 3 and some 2.

ETA - That said, not going to help OP because really he should have had 5 dots the whole time and probably would have lost sooner, but still a source of confusion.
  • Options
    I ran through it again too and they were coming back after culling blade too, which should be dispelled instead of expired.
  • Options
    I ran through it again too and they were coming back after culling blade too, which should be dispelled instead of expired.

That is how it works though. I think you're reading too much into the word "expires". Under Vader lead, anytime an enemy character loses DoTs they'll immediately regain them. Doesn't matter how those DoTs were lost, whether that be through naturally expiring or being dispelled
  • Options
    So T3 part 1 would be 1v1 JKL vs Vader. Which means it’s a Vader lead. Vader’s lead means that the DoT’s on enemies reappear after their are dispelled or expire.

So if the dots are coming back that’s normal. Now if there’s more dots appearing than before they were dispelled or expired then there’s a bug
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    So T3 part 1 would be 1v1 JKL vs Vader. Which means it’s a Vader lead. Vader’s lead means that the DoT’s on enemies reappear after their are dispelled or expire.

So if the dots are coming back that’s normal. Now if there’s more dots appearing than before they were dispelled or expired then there’s a bug

This is what I was saying in the OP. 3 would be dispelled or expire but when it would come back without another Vader attack there would be 5. Mainly frustrating because of the tickets, but I guess I’ll hope for an RNG fest and Vader uses more specials so I don’t get more ability blocks. That last attempt, he waited six turns before he did the throw
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Can you post a video, OP?
  • Options
    I went in and tried to recreate the OP's problem and everything seemed normal. Force crush lands 2-3 DOTs and they reappear after a cleanse, expiry, or culling blade. No extra DOTs, and they always return immediately.

As Ultra said, a video would be helpful.
  • Options
    So plot twist: I did it again and allowed Vader to do TWO force crushes. The number of DOTs kept changing from 2 to 4 and back to 2 over my next few turns.

So there is definitely a bug, but the bug actually seems to be in the user's favor as it seems like some of the DOTs take an extra turn to reappear.
  • Options
    Just tried it and it worked fine
  • Options

After multiple tests, at no point did "extra" DOTs appear; however in multiple instances DOTs did not immediately return after expiring.

So after one force crush Luke would have 2, then 0, then 2 again, etc. and after the second force crush he would have 4, then 2, then 4, etc.

I tried to recreate the problem using Vader lead elsewhere and couldn't do it, so it seems limited to the GL event, and the net effect is that the user is actually avoiding the full damage they would normally get if the DOTs persisted properly.

I wonder if this was an intentional change meant to counteract the extra healing Vader gets after his rework?
  • Options
    Same behavior in the JKL event too (but not in the CLS one as Vader doesn't have the zeta I guess).
  • Options

After multiple tests, at no point did "extra" DOTs appear; however in multiple instances DOTs did not immediately return after expiring.

So after one force crush Luke would have 2, then 0, then 2 again, etc. and after the second force crush he would have 4, then 2, then 4, etc.

I tried to recreate the problem using Vader lead elsewhere and couldn't do it, so it seems limited to the GL event, and the net effect is that the user is actually avoiding the full damage they would normally get if the DOTs persisted properly.

I wonder if this was an intentional change meant to counteract the extra healing Vader gets after his rework?

The issue mine showed was that Luke would have 3 DOTs, they would expire, and then 5 DOTs would show back up without any extra attack (as mentioned above). When reading Vader’s lead, one can see that the language explains that a toon will regain only 2 DOTs when DOTs expire. That’s 3 extra DOTs and in both of the attempts I’m talking about, Vader used culling blade shortly after the extra DOTs showed up, doing 150% extra damage because of the added DOTs. I should have enough tickets for another run at it this evening to try and get a video
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    More DOTs or less DOTs, it does seem like the damage over time bug is there,

OP, a video will be very helpful to get this quickly resolved, either way, your next step is clear:
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>