Hoth: Rebel Galactic Challenge (Troopers)- -What am I doing wrong?

CrispyFett
987 posts Member
edited March 2022
Ok, hopefully im not missing some basic event mechanic, but seeing how one of the reqs is IT, i wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this. Using Veers, Gideon, Range, Piett & Stark. Problem is when the 1st Rebel dies and gains damage immunity, they never take another turn so the immunity never is removed and i cant win. I imagine its from TM removal by IT, but if they are the required faction, wouldn't this have been foreseen? Am i missing something obvious? I'm going to try diff comps of troopers and see

Replies

• Options
    Starck (if you’ve applied his zeta) removes TM.

Though, I did still manage it with Veers, Gideon, Starck, Dark and Piett.
  • Options
    Replace Starck with another IT, if you kill everyone and are just stuck behind the one damage immune enemy try just putting it on auto-basic.
  • UdalCuain
    5031 posts Member
    Options
    Or just but it on Auto Basic until the DI expires. That's all I did. Took a couple of minutes.
  • Options
    Subbed Dark for Stark and same issue. I'll try that comp again with auto-basic
  • Options
    Just remove Starck and bring in the Darkness. Starck's unique removes TM but I don't see a problem in the design of this Galactic Challenge. There are plenty of Imperial Troopers to choose from.
  • Options
    Ok, auto-basic got the job done after the dmg immunity got triggered. Those were quick responses, thank you
  • Options
    Additionally for this GC, I targeted scariff pathfinder in my first attempt and he got stun locked, second attempt I triggered DI on han and did auto-basic
  • Options
    First thing you want to do is make sure DI is not triggered on Pathfinder. When he dies, he gives other allies TM and Speed Up buff. This helps them get a turn faster and drop DI. I recommend applying DI on Princess Leia because she's going to be immune to the stun from Guard and the first action she will take is her stealth, so she isn't going to delete any unit whatsoever.

Do not use Starck. Or if you do, don't have his unique with a Zeta, he will most likely be your fastest IT unit (Other than Gideon) and he WILL remove TM faster than the enemy gains it even on basic-only auto.

Once every enemy unit except for the one with DI is defeated, use only Auto Basic (Except Piett, if you have him, use his Inevitable Failure)

Whatever you do, do NOT use Piett's AoE ability, it will dispel speed up on the enemy and make their turn progression much slower as a result.
  • Options
    i have starck with zeta and it still worked it just took a while on auto
    hello
  • Options
    im not the only one either
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Or just but it on Auto Basic until the DI expires. That's all I did. Took a couple of minutes.

hello
  • Options
    I wasn’t thinking about it so I did it with Starck and using Pett’s AoE - but I used the Smells Bad special ability a fair bit. Easy enough to beat though