New Assault battles?

Can’t remember if CG ever said anything on this topic. Will there ever be new assault battles? I feel like making more would not be a hard task. Different map, different characters, 1 million speed, ect. Not a huge request but just more curious if they said anything about it.

Replies

• Options
    What factions don’t have an Assault Battle at this point, though? Resistance, Galactic Republic, Scoundrels, Smugglers, then smaller ones like 501st, Bad Batch, Inquisitors, then Jawa and Tuskens.

Scoundrels aren’t getting an AB because they’ve got so many others. GR and Res have GLs.
  • JackedJedi
    110 posts Member
    edited April 2022
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    What factions don’t have an Assault Battle at this point, though? Resistance, Galactic Republic, Scoundrels, Smugglers, then smaller ones like 501st, Bad Batch, Inquisitors, then Jawa and Tuskens.

Scoundrels aren’t getting an AB because they’ve got so many others. GR and Res have GLs.

Places of power is First Order and Sith, Empire has one too.
  • Options
    … well there you go!
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Options
    Be careful what you wish for. More ABs doesn't mean higher AB frequency, it might mean lesser ABs we can get max rewards from.
  • Options
    it was just announced today that inquisitors will be required in assault battles. not sure if added as faction to an existing one, or getting their own new one.
  • Dianora
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Would be nice if Inquisitorius got added to S&S but I guess if sales have been mediocre it'd make sense to give them an entirely new assault battle along with the Journey Guide character and buffing the entire squad with a new unique.
  • crzydroid
    7326 posts Moderator
    Options
    it was just announced today that inquisitors will be required in assault battles. not sure if added as faction to an existing one, or getting their own new one.

I have to imagine it's a new one, or otherwise there wouldn't be incentive to get them. I just wonder what the second faction will be or if they'll do away with that concept.
  • LordDirt
    5027 posts Member
    Options
    they said they are adding Inquisitors to them soon
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    If it’s not a new one I hope they at least replace them with a faction that literally did nothing like ugnaughts
  • Options
    phoenix has no shot of hitting ct3 in the phoenix/NS one. and didn't someone just finally get ct3 w/ NS? that one's ripe for replacing a faction with inquisitors
  • Options
    Out of the current factions, about 15 or so are unused (though if you were to remove sub-factions like Rebel Fighters and Bad Batch you'd be left with about 7).
    That's a pretty big chunk of the playable roster that could be used for a new Assault Battle if they wanted to make one
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    phoenix has no shot of hitting ct3 in the phoenix/NS one. and didn't someone just finally get ct3 w/ NS? that one's ripe for replacing a faction with inquisitors

Why do so many people mention "replacing" phoenix with another faction? Yeah I get that they suck, but just because you don't like them.... how about instead, just "ADDING" another faction? Why take away the AB from that poor soul who R9ed his/her Phoenix squad?
  • Mohrg
    201 posts Member
    Options
    even at R9 I doubt Phoenix would manage even CT1 :smiley:
  • Options
    Mohrg wrote: »

Jokes aside, R7 Phoenix can do CT1.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n7ZKo3BbE0
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

Pretty sure they meant CT1 of S&S.
  • Options
    I would rather they run AB for 2 days year round, but of course would be on board with a new one.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    I would rather they run AB for 2 days year round, but of course would be on board with a new one.

Just don't be surprised when the new one doesn't increase the number of AB's that are run throughout the year and ends up just causing people without Inquisitors to get less stuff.
  • Options

Why do so many people mention "replacing" phoenix with another faction? Yeah I get that they suck, but just because you don't like them.... how about instead, just "ADDING" another faction? Why take away the AB from that poor soul who R9ed his/her Phoenix squad?

I like Phoenix- fond memories of them being my first good arena team. But it's strange that they aren't capable of doing very well in the challenge tiers of their assault battle. I think this was the longest one before someone finally beat CT3 with an NS team. So I'm just suggesting that if we're not getting a new assault battle, and phoenix aren't getting changed so they can actually complete more of the tiers, they would be a good candidate for a replacement.

But you're right- adding a faction instead of replacing would be a better choice for those who have reliced their phoenix. Interesting stats- swgoh.gg shows there are 3 R9 Hera's, 4 R9 Ezra's, 2 R9 Kanan's, 1 R9 Zeb, 1 R9 Chopper, and 2 R9 Sabine's.

But even at high relic, how far can phoenix get in AB?
  • Options

if they can't even 3* CT1 at r7 they're not managing CT2 or 3. Even at r9
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Just don't be surprised when the new one doesn't increase the number of AB's that are run throughout the year and ends up just causing people without Inquisitors to get less stuff.

Oh I always expect the worst. It is CG after all.
  • Options
    It would only really make sense for inquisitorious to be up against jedi in an assault battle that is tailored for them to do well. I think it is unlikely that they will just be added to places of power, as that would not cause any player that has 3 starred it to need to invest in inquisitor toons. My guess is a new assault battle.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Remember the good old days when Resistance was so broken they had to remove them from an Assault Battle? Good times. Good times.

That was before Challenge Tiers, of course. I sure hope they come back, soon, except unless they put in some sort of Expose Immunity the challenge will just be trivialized again. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

If I were a gambling man I would bet on this. We need to be punished for not liking the new crappy characters.
  • Options
    2nd Faction to be paired with Inquisitorious for a new AB?

I'm not saying I like it, but my guess would be Mandalorians OR some other new (or previously irrelevant) faction relating to the new Kenobi show -- the most obvious being a revitalized Tusken squad.

i'm not saying this is what's going to happen. I've been wrong too many times for that. But it's certainly a plausible working theory.

I'm still holding out for a new Conquest release of the mother of A'Sharad Hett, then a Tusken legendary event granting Sharad Hett (A'Sharad Hett's dad), then a hero's journey to get A'Sharad Hett then an Epic Confrontation to get Darth Krayt (A'Sharad Hett after he falls to the dark side).

The release of all these toons would take a while, which would encourage people to do the battle with Inquisitorious, but the powers of the new Tusken squad under Darth Krayt's leadership could be tailored for beating CT3 of the new Assault Battle, and thus encourage even folks with Grand Inquisitor to pursue the Tuskens. (Or, well, a few rewards once a month isn't necessarily enough to make someone pursue a whole faction, but it would be at least a bit of extra reward granted to those who collect all the Tuskens.
  • Mohrg
    201 posts Member
    Options

I did, but seeing Phoenix achieve is always nice.
  • Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    Options
    the most obvious being a revitalized Tusken squad.

MDsx0S6.jpg
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • zatho
    747 posts Member
    Options

I did, but seeing Phoenix achieve is always nice.

They are goofy fighters, but excellent pilots