Why is GAC only 3 weeks in June??!!

DarthGrff
190 posts Member
What is this??!!!! emqdq3lgccb0.png

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1598 posts Member
    Options
    You will probably notice that this month's schedule has been adjusted to accounted for an upcoming Title Update. We will be changing some event rewards (such as Grand Arena Championships) and running several extra events (Assault Battles, Galactic Challenges and a special login calendar) to account for different schedule. We will have more details to share soon!
  • DarthGrff
    190 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    You will probably notice that this month's schedule has been adjusted to accounted for an upcoming Title Update. We will be changing some event rewards (such as Grand Arena Championships) and running several extra events (Assault Battles, Galactic Challenges and a special login calendar) to account for different schedule. We will have more details to share soon!

I’m blind as a bat clearly lol
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Im happy about that.... it says 5v5. It could say 1 round and id be over the moon
  • Options
    Perhaps if they re-apportion the missing GAC week's crystals across to the other 3 weeks, it might be okay. But a whole week is a lot of missing crystals at a time where they may needed most.
  • Options
    Perhaps if they re-apportion the missing GAC week's crystals across to the other 3 weeks, it might be okay. But a whole week is a lot of missing crystals at a time where they may needed most.

They will probably give out the missing GAC rewards after the Executor event happens. We all know how much they love to withhold rewards and not give people their stuff when they actually need it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    Less gac and 3v3 only please. We need the practice amirite guys?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Zaph0dd
    184 posts Member
    Options
    Bait and switch on my Tusken omi, im outraged, and my evening is ruined
  • Options
    It kind of makes sense, after they changed GAC removing the feats and the hunt to reach kyber there’s not really anything that holds the overall GAC together. Each week of GAC is basically stand alone. As long as they recalibrate the payout accordingly it’s fine.
  • Rius
    370 posts Member
    Options
    It seems they made a good effort to maintain Crystal income. Some players complained of burn out, maybe this will help. I noticed Conquest schedule change too, hopefully this will offset to LSTB some had an issue with. Key thing is they are trying to keep rewards the same.
  • Options
    I like the change of only 3 week GAC seasons, gives a bit of break in between. And hopefully the change of Conquest will not clash with LS TB anymore as mentioned, that would definitely be nice.

I guess let's see if the crystals are the same, I am doubtful on this
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    I like the change of only 3 week GAC seasons, gives a bit of break in between. And hopefully the change of Conquest will not clash with LS TB anymore as mentioned, that would definitely be nice.

I guess let's see if the crystals are the same, I am doubtful on this

Conquest still clashes with LSTB, and I doubt that will change.
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Might be a weird idea but I actually like playing the game , so the fact this reduces the amount of time we play GaC I see as a bad thing. In case anyone can't do the math 3 weeks on one off means we play GaC 3/4ths of the time , as opposed to 4/5ths of the time.
  • Options
    wildnz wrote: »
    Might be a weird idea but I actually like playing the game , so the fact this reduces the amount of time we play GaC I see as a bad thing. In case anyone can't do the math 3 weeks on one off means we play GaC 3/4ths of the time , as opposed to 4/5ths of the time.

You don’t think there is something behind this? I don’t believe for 1 sec that CG would do that just to spare us some time. They are making space for something else.

My bet is on a TW rework, or more TW. Ship crystals moving to TW also? I’m pretty sure the numbers are not high enough for Inquisitors and TW omicrons sales, so they are making a move. We’ll see soon enough.
  • thedrjojo
    960 posts Member
    Options

Over a year, it's 2.5 less weeks of gac. You will be ok.
  • Shawkat
    22 posts Member
    Options
    The less GAC, the better. Use it as a sandbox mode. They gonna kill GAS for good very soon I believe.
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

You don’t think there is something behind this? I don’t believe for 1 sec that CG would do that just to spare us some time. They are making space for something else.

My bet is on a TW rework, or more TW. Ship crystals moving to TW also? I’m pretty sure the numbers are not high enough for Inquisitors and TW omicrons sales, so they are making a move. We’ll see soon enough.

They already confirmed in the post that we would have more TW during the off-time, so that’s already in the picture. I think this is setting the foundation to move ship crystals to TW, to get more TW omis applied/whaled for.
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    Options

Your math is off there guy.

It’s still - after this adjustment period - just 1 week off of GAC.

That’s exactly how it is now, it just rotates as to when the start of the season is.
  • RTS
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

They already confirmed in the post that we would have more TW during the off-time, so that’s already in the picture. I think this is setting the foundation to move ship crystals to TW, to get more TW omis applied/whaled for.

They’re not going to move crystals to TW - you can’t take an individual thing like ship arena and turn it into a guild piece, won’t happen.
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    RTS wrote: »

Your math is off there guy.

It’s still - after this adjustment period - just 1 week off of GAC.

That’s exactly how it is now, it just rotates as to when the start of the season is.

No, the season is now always 3 rounds / weeks then a week off until the next 3 round season and so on. Therefore the gaps are more frequent than a 4 round season with a week in between. Maths fine.
  • Zaph0dd
    184 posts Member
    Options
    It wouldnt surprise me if its due to CG wanting to implement a new set of datacrons per month and need a monthly set time for a 1 week of 4 downtime of GAC so they dont overlap
  • wildnz
    258 posts Member
    Options
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    It wouldnt surprise me if its due to CG wanting to implement a new set of datacrons per month and need a monthly set time for a 1 week of 4 downtime of GAC so they dont overlap

That is the most likely explanation. Align the gac rotation to match the lifespan of datacrons. I'm almost expecting them to announce another subtle change they forgot to mention that makes GaC a monthly cycle not 4 weeks , so it lines up with TW and TB cycles.