Datacron Feedback from the top guilds

Replies

• dhwo
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Ultra said in another post that this was all a good thing. Guilds need to be merging and whatnot. Seeing it from this well written perspective makes me think this situation is horrible. Can't see why needing to merge a lot of guilds could possibly be any good for the game. Can't be losing a lot of the top spenders and think any of that is good.

No.

I said the solution to recruitment issues is merging guilds, rather than everyone competing for the same player

Losing players is never a good thing

I don't think datacrons are a good thing either

Please re-read that thread and my posts, my last post in that thread was criticizing how awful datacrons are

Have you ever been part of a merger? Do you know what you are actually talking about? If not, I would highly recommend that you stop talking about something you don’t know.

A merger is simply just a catalyst to eliminate guilds and players.

Been there, seen it, didn’t like it. I have been in the upper bracket and it has been disheartening to see what happened to lower bracket, especially as there have been a couple of nice guys.

• iZeta
    14 posts Member
    Options
    Avinash wrote: »
    Being the GL and TW officer of a top 10 guild, I'm appalled how OP datacrons are ... and what in the world was CG thinking in implementing something that bypassed all the hard work players put into farming gear and mods all these years? Didn't farm? "Here are some datacrons that will make your toon/team god-like because we need another avenue of $$$ since we have exhausted what's already in the game. Oh and btw, these are temporary, so whatever you purchased and didn't use goes down the toilet and if you dismantle, you get a fraction of what you put into it." I can't afford the stress of figuring out how datacrons play into TW as a guild, let alone figuring out what datacrons my guild members have individually.

I have told my guild it's up to the individual to work on them, or not. I will not force them to build datacrons. I actually discourage members from spending $$$, ally points, and shard shop currency, on these overpowered, temporary, pieces of poo that completely changes and ruins the game for TW and GAC. It's not worth the stress. I've got 10M & 11M accounts in my guild that are contemplating leaving the game. I personally have 10M & 10.5M accounts that I am not going to put as much effort into. I'm biding my time to see what happens. If I don't like what I see or hear soon, I'm out. Officers are burned out. I'm burned out and overloaded. If I stay, my guild will fall behind but that's okay. Cramming datacrons and some of these game modes down our throats without proper management (including the lack of free uninhibited time between game modes so the Officers can de-stress) is driving players away in droves.

If CG doesn't listen to the top-end players, then there is no hope.

top 10 tw guild?? you mean the same ones bagging 150m GP every war? that’s cute. you’re only top 10 during TB 😂
  • Options
    Being the GL and TW officer of a top 10 guild, I'm appalled how OP datacrons are ... and what in the world was CG thinking in implementing something that bypassed all the hard work players put into farming gear and mods all these years? Didn't farm? "Here are some datacrons that will make your toon/team god-like because we need another avenue of $$$ since we have exhausted what's already in the game. Oh and btw, these are temporary, so whatever you purchased and didn't use goes down the toilet and if you dismantle, you get a fraction of what you put into it." I can't afford the stress of figuring out how datacrons play into TW as a guild, let alone figuring out what datacrons my guild members have individually.

I have told my guild it's up to the individual to work on them, or not. I will not force them to build datacrons. I actually discourage members from spending $$$, ally points, and shard shop currency, on these overpowered, temporary, pieces of poo that completely changes and ruins the game for TW and GAC. It's not worth the stress. I've got 10M & 11M accounts in my guild that are contemplating leaving the game. I personally have 10M & 10.5M accounts that I am not going to put as much effort into. I'm biding my time to see what happens. If I don't like what I see or hear soon, I'm out. Officers are burned out. I'm burned out and overloaded. If I stay, my guild will fall behind but that's okay. Cramming datacrons and some of these game modes down our throats without proper management (including the lack of free uninhibited time between game modes so the Officers can de-stress) is driving players away in droves.

You arnt in a top 10 PVP guild. You play TW in the bracket 100mill GP below your TB GP.
    You shouldnt have much datacron issues way down there in the sand
  • Options
    I like datacrons alot. not super excited about the monetizing of what are basically temp group mods, but oh well.
    like everything, there are good and bad about datacrons. Over all, i think they add more than they detract. Krakens can whale hard and have craploads of them, F2Ps can farm and have a couple L9s per set (which i know is easy cuz i did it on my lazy f2p alt). basically, this is another instance of Haters Gonna Hate. Can't please everyone
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I am the Tard of Tards
  • Options

5itzqn7qf2nk.jpeg

You can’t figure out how to beat datacrons despite gaming the system in tw by sandbagging?

Sandbagging is weak - you ruin the experience for a smaller guild. The sooner CG changes the matchmaking to prevent this the better.

If you couldn’t cope with tw before don’t moan about it now.

(Not a defence or attack from me on datacrons, I don’t think they were needed but I don’t hate them)

• iZeta
    14 posts Member
    Options
    2she52qf8za5.png
  • Options
    I‘m sure those 300m guilds have a lot of datacrons to worry about. Maybe your guild needs to split in half to prevent burning out from that immense pressure.
  • Options
    I like datacrons alot. not super excited about the monetizing of what are basically temp group mods, but oh well.
    like everything, there are good and bad about datacrons. Over all, i think they add more than they detract. Krakens can whale hard and have craploads of them, F2Ps can farm and have a couple L9s per set (which i know is easy cuz i did it on my lazy f2p alt). basically, this is another instance of Haters Gonna Hate. Can't please everyone
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a 8.9M GP account, finish every Conquest with Red Crate, and am in a 390GP guild who does respectably in TW. I could not lvl 9 a single datacron from the first set without using crystals, and even with the increased Conquest drop rate, will likely not a lvl 9 one from the second set.

"A couple lvl 9s per set"? By F2P do you mean 'spend months worth of crystals, Shard Shop Currency, and 300k+ ally points barely getting two lvl9s? Because else I'm pressing X to doubt.
  • Options
    Maybe he was super inefficient in Conquest before, so the extra farming for DC mats wasn't an increase over his prior expenses? For me, however, I did more than double my usual number of refreshes to farm DC mats, nabbed the SSC shipments, and nabbed a few of the crystals shipments. I got 1 level 9, 1 level 6, and a handful of level 3.
  • Options
    Maybe he was super inefficient in Conquest before, so the extra farming for DC mats wasn't an increase over his prior expenses? For me, however, I did more than double my usual number of refreshes to farm DC mats, nabbed the SSC shipments, and nabbed a few of the crystals shipments. I got 1 level 9, 1 level 6, and a handful of level 3.
    Thank you for engaging in datacrons. We feel engagement from the player base has been excellent and we plan to further expand datacrons in the near future - CG
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    edited July 2022
    Options
    dhwo wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Thorozar11 wrote: »
    Ultra said in another post that this was all a good thing. Guilds need to be merging and whatnot. Seeing it from this well written perspective makes me think this situation is horrible. Can't see why needing to merge a lot of guilds could possibly be any good for the game. Can't be losing a lot of the top spenders and think any of that is good.

No.

I said the solution to recruitment issues is merging guilds, rather than everyone competing for the same player

Losing players is never a good thing

I don't think datacrons are a good thing either

Please re-read that thread and my posts, my last post in that thread was criticizing how awful datacrons are

Have you ever been part of a merger? Do you know what you are actually talking about? If not, I would highly recommend that you stop talking about something you don’t know.

A merger is simply just a catalyst to eliminate guilds and players.

Been there, seen it, didn’t like it. I have been in the upper bracket and it has been disheartening to see what happened to lower bracket, especially as there have been a couple of nice guys.

Yeah i have, you eliminate guilds (too many guilds than number of players available), and the players that don't make the cut, move to existing guilds that are struggling to find players to fill 50/50

Everyone wins

Also, I was the guild officer that I merged into, and the bottom end players, although were my friends, were being carried along and its better they go to guilds where the average GP is close to theirs or they are slightly above average

The lower bracket have poor performance for a reason, they were in a guild that was punching higher up than where they belonged

If you were a guild leader or officer as part of the merger, the leadership does its best to accommodate as many players for both guilds, and sometimes tries to find alternate guilds for those that don't make it
  • 12mm1826
    469 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Datacrons are lazy.
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Thank you for engaging in datacrons. We feel engagement from the player base has been excellent and we plan to further expand datacrons in the near future - CG

Well, they got $0 from me and I have more crystals now than I did when DCs came out. Highly doubt CG sees that as positive engagement from an occasional (though not recent) spender.
  • 12mm1826
    469 posts Member
    Options

Maybe you guys should try sandbagging in TW.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think datacrons are great and out of the top guilds it is only three guilds that seem to struggle most with player burnout I think.

I mean they are a burden for every top 5 guild no question but some work their way into it and make Datacrons work for them. In my guild we are generally excited about DCs - of course you see the occasional hate on the rng factor but the fact they tripled the income in Conquest really made DC f2p friendly in my opinion.
  • Holtom2000
    30 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Ugh. how can anyone like datacrons? they offer nothing. i literally just shredded the free datacron stuff they gave us. they can stuff datacrons where the sun don't shine.
  • Options
    Just another top 50 guild GL checking in with the same burnout. I'll try to avoid some of the sandbagging hate like above lol. But we pretty regularly got matched up in the top 20/30, had some great wars and prided ourselves on it, but not the full 50 every time push like the real big boys. We've got the same burnout as it seems like everyone gets. We've lost 4 officers since DCs dropped. Independent guilds just cant take those kind of losses. Since TW moved to 50 man zones, we had TW officers running 70 hour weeks in game. That kinda work just cant keep going, let alone get even more thrown on us.

I don't hate the DCs, I lowkey like them and think I can play them smarter than most players and get the advantage. I'd agree they probably shouldnt go with GLs. But at some point enough is simply enough. We cant put in more work for a mobile game, hell we cant even remove teams from the TW board that don't have a DC.
  • dhwo
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Well … has it ever occurred to someone that we don’t have to use Datacrons?

Let the guild officers/leaders contact one another and work out whether to use this fun killing stuff or not.
    I will try to achieve this for my guild. Maybe we will get screwed by the others, maybe not.

I will do the same in GA. Maybe it will cost me crystals but I despise datacrons heavily.

P.S. Some (or many) may think that this is naive but CG won’t remove this stuff. But maybe the community has a chance to ignore this despicable “content”.
  • Stokat
    832 posts Member
    Options
    I can only agree with OP. Datacrons may be the single worst thing that has been implemented in the game. It has killed the fun with both gac and tw.
  • Options
    The perfect solution to this mess is either to remove datacrons completely or if CG want to recoup some of their investment to remove DC from GAC & TW and add them to conquest, tb, challenges and assault battles. By CGs own words there wouldn’t be need to do any game balance testing of the impact since datacrons are temporary.
  • strafeSS
    201 posts Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    This day 1, 9.6M GP player is calling it quits after this current conquest. The completionist in me just wants to finish Malgus.

CG, pay attention to what I’m about to say. I am not alone. And this is all on you. Datacrons are a bad idea executed poorly and you should have actually listened to the beta feedback.
  • Options
    My plan to ignore Datacons is to set my fleets only in GAC and run a single WAT to attack for 10 points. If I ruin someone’s experience in GAC because they can’t use their lame Datacons then too bad… Datacons have ruined this game and trivialized everyone’s roster that spent so much time farming great mods and putting work into building good teams.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options
    IronCross wrote: »
    My plan to ignore Datacons is to set my fleets only in GAC and run a single WAT to attack for 10 points. If I ruin someone’s experience in GAC because they can’t use their lame Datacons then too bad… Datacons have ruined this game and trivialized everyone’s roster that spent so much time farming great mods and putting work into building good teams.

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg
  • Lumiya
    1554 posts Member
    Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg

Interesting... someone has a different opinion and it is similar to a tantrum to you?
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg

Interesting... someone has a different opinion and it is similar to a tantrum to you?
    Having an opinion is one thing.

Deliberately aiming to prevent other players from having fun by not engaging with a key element of a game mode is the dictionary definition of a tantrum.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Im torn on this one.

I hate datacons, i think the short term nature of them is akin to me leasing an advantage in the game. Yes i get me buying a bunch of crystals to unlock the latest character is similar... but this is much worse

But on the other hand, i find CG's lack of effort on this to be even worse
  • Options

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg

Deliberately aiming to prevent other players from having fun by not engaging with a key element of a game mode is the dictionary definition of a tantrum.

You're enabling cg. I'm shredding every datacron I get
  • Options

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg

Someone wants to give me a free win they can have all the tantrums they want 🤷‍♂️
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Options

a9xqjtvo7x3b.jpg

If that were the case then it would apply to half the people on the forums. :D