Galactic Challenge Feat: 3 Rebel Ships

Prev13
DarjeloSalas
9944 posts Member
edited September 2022
Some of the flak CG gets on these forums is deserved, some of it is unfair. Here’s some 100% deserved flak.

In today’s Galactic Challenge, the tier X feat descriptor says we need to “win while using 3 Rebel Ships”.

- I used a standard lineup of Exec, XB, HT, RC with Slave1, Han’s Falcon, Cassian’s U wing and Phantom in reinforcements. No feat completion
- I switched out to a Negotiator fleet with this time 4 rebels on the bench. No feat completion.
- I then tried the same team but put a 5th rebel (Biggs) into the starting lineup, again with 4 rebels on the bench. Feat completed.

I had a tremendous sense of deja-vu. So I searched our discord server and was drawn to a Galactic Challenge that launched on March 7th this year where exactly the same thing happened.

Then I found this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/254422/issue-with-rebel-fleet-galactic-challenge-feat

They clearly promised us they’d fix the feat before this feat appeared again. But they couldn’t be bothered.

Come on CG - there are already enough examples of failing to deliver on promises.

Edit: unforgivable spelling of deja-vu repaired!

Replies

• Options
    As the title says. Todays galactic challenge is bugged. Instead of using 3 rebel ship to complete the feat you must use 5 of them.
  • Options
    this happened last time with this feat didn't it :(
  • Options
    Yes, as detailed in my thread. And they promised to fix it.
  • Options
    It’s pretty obvious why this happens.

The feat criteria in the lowest tiers (where you use characters, not ships) is to “win with a full squad of rebels”. The game will naturally check you used 5 rebel characters.

So when the feat description changes, the criteria don’t.

I’m prepared to accept that the programming required to give us fleet loadouts, for example, is more challenging than the average forumer thinks.

But fixing this feat at some point in the 6 months since promising you would can’t be difficult.
  • Options
    Now I’m intrigued, how did you spell deja-vu? The rest was +1 in my book.
  • Options
    I came here to post the same thing! The 3 rebel ships feat does not work
  • Options
    Yes it does, run h1 fleet. I got red crate.
    Wording has changed I think to USE 3 rebels.
  • Options
    Run h1 fleet. Its easy.
  • Options
    We had this bug before .... Agreeing with RokToBer
  • Options
    No - click the link in my original post. I used 3 and 4 rebels in earlier attempts (as in I called them in to the battlefield) and did not complete the feat.
  • PowerBuldog
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Also the feat does not say "win while fielding" 3 rebel ships, only to use them. thus i would be enough to put them in reinf. But yes, 5 ships must be used in order to complete this.
  • Options
    Same here, getting tired of this guess the bug EVERY EVENT
  • Options
    No - click the link in my original post. I used 3 and 4 rebels in earlier attempts (as in I called them in to the battlefield) and did not complete the feat.

Yeah I see now, tbh thought it was simply because they changed it to force us to use them.
  • Options
    Does the capital ship count?
  • Options
    Sazerac wrote: »
    Does the capital ship count?
    Yes.
  • Options
    I used GG with three rebels and even brought them all in. No feat completion. I know I got the stated number of taunts and did not get that feat either.
  • Options
    Some of the flak CG gets on these forums is deserved, some of it is unfair. Here’s some 100% deserved flak.

In today’s Galactic Challenge, the tier X feat descriptor says we need to “win while using 3 Rebel Ships”.

- I used a standard lineup of Exec, XB, HT, RC with Slave1, Han’s Falcon, Cassian’s U wing and Phantom in reinforcements. No feat completion
    - I switched out to a Negotiator fleet with this time 4 rebels on the bench. No feat completion.
    - I then tried the same team but put a 5th rebel (Biggs) into the starting lineup, again with 4 rebels on the bench. Feat completed.

I had a tremendous sense of deja-vu. So I searched our discord server and was drawn to a Galactic Challenge that launched on March 7th this year where exactly the same thing happened.

Then I found this: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/254422/issue-with-rebel-fleet-galactic-challenge-feat

They clearly promised us they’d fix the feat before this feat appeared again. But they couldn’t be bothered.

Come on CG - there are already enough examples of failing to deliver on promises.

Thank goodness someone if the arbitrator of what is deserved and not deserved. I would like to thank you for your service!!
  • Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Thank goodness someone if the arbitrator of what is deserved and not deserved. I would like to thank you for your service!!
    You’re welcome.

Some examples of unwarranted criticism include:

- people complaining they can’t apply a debuff when they are inflicted with BSF’s corrupted battle meditation
    - People complaining that a character with guard resisted an unresistable stun
    - people complaining about their character not going first when they’ve failed to understand the difference between a character gaining +30 speed and a character gaining 25% Turn Meter at the start of the battle
    - People writing an “I quit because of the constant cheating” post when it turns out they have in fact not encountered any cheating at all and routinely score 0 banners in GAC matches.

These are all real threads, and some of them have been posted multiple times. I’m sure it doesn’t require any particular individual to dismiss complaints like these as undeserved.
  • Options
    You going to sort this out CG? Or nah? Again.
  • Metasly
    280 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I think by "use" he meant "initial lineup or called reinforcement"
  • Options
    Besides that you need 5 taunts not 3, When the feat pops up when completed it says "Gain Taunt 5 times". Maybe it's a prime number thing.
  • Options
    CG:
    "Why fix existing feats when we could make new broken feats featuring the new faction(s) of the month!?!?"
    *New faction packs appear in store and pop-ups*
  • Options
    I love it when the feat states to use rebel ships and then people moan when they use empire and bounty hunter ships and expect to unlock the feat.
  • Options
    I love it when the feat states to use rebel ships and then people moan when they use empire and bounty hunter ships and expect to unlock the feat.

Have you read the thread? We *have* used Rebel ships. It only works if you use at least 5, as opposed to the stated 3.
  • Joebo720
    653 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

Used Dash, falcon, and Bigs in starting line up. Did not work. Complain about complainers elsewhere.

• Options
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I used GG with three rebels and even brought them all in. No feat completion. I know I got the stated number of taunts and did not get that feat either.
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Besides that you need 5 taunts not 3, When the feat pops up when completed it says "Gain Taunt 5 times". Maybe it's a prime number thing.

Sun Fac's taunts do not count for the feat. The way it is coded, the enemy applies the taunt.
  • Options
    Hi,
    this is an issue already reported (see here) : unable to complete the feat with three Rebel ships as described. In order to complete the feat, five Rebel ships are needed.
    Sad ...
  • Arno3475
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I posted the same issue, sorry for the double post ... This is really annoying ...