Datacrons will be the death of this game

Prev13
All the years you spend working to build a team and modding them is made redundant in 5 mins of applying the meta datacron.

What’s the point in grinding a year for a new GL when a single R5 tarkin can wipe the floor with you?

CG - you are destroying this game with these stupid things

Replies

• Options
    I agree. Nothing before has been this frustrating and horrendously unfun. Only reason I'm still here is for the PvE now.
  • Options
    Datacrons were the death of this game
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Add it to the list of all the other things that killed the game over the years.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Totally agree. It’s incredibly frustrating having years of roster building negated by a single overpowered datacon.
  • Options
    Datacrons are garbage.
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    All the years you spend working to build a team and modding them is made redundant in 5 mins of applying the meta datacron.

What’s the point in grinding a year for a new GL when a single R5 tarkin can wipe the floor with you?

The people that played before GLs must have been thinking the same thing when the first ones came out
  • Options
    If you're not into datacrons I guess you don't spend to get them, so I guess you're going to face people in the same situation as you in GAC. That's kind of ok, no?
  • Options
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    If you're not into datacrons I guess you don't spend to get them, so I guess you're going to face people in the same situation as you in GAC. That's kind of ok, no?

Sadly not. I’ve been in kyber 2 since the new changes and always come up against them every round
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Well either you will fall far enough that you will stop seeing them much, or you are beating them, so it seems ok.
  • Options
    I hate datacrons, but clearly CG isn't getting rid of them. It would be nice at least if they weeded out the ones which cause infinite TM gain/ turn loops on the 2nd go-around, or tested them more prior to releasing them, so these things wouldn't happen.
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

The people that played before GLs must have been thinking the same thing when the first ones came out

I think a better analogy would be the July 2021 nerf. GLs didn't make JKR stop countering GG or whatever other GAC counters were common back then. The July 2021 nerf was far less impactful on the meta than DCs (imo), and that was met with quite a bit of salt.
  • Options

I think a better analogy would be the July 2021 nerf. GLs didn't make JKR stop countering GG or whatever other GAC counters were common back then. The July 2021 nerf was far less impactful on the meta than DCs (imo), and that was met with quite a bit of salt.

The meta outside of the current factions that are affeted by datacrons doesnt really change tho. My point was that when GLs came out they were stronger than the rest and made a hard defense or a offense free win, like that one character that gets boosted to heaven with datacrons (yes, there are more than one).

Sucks when you have no counter against them, but what other teams do against other teams doesnt really matter here.
  • Options

You are comparing apples and oranges.

- GLs are permanent.
    - They require a long time of farming and gearing of other characters.
    - Then you have to grind again for the Ultimate including the ticket farm
    - They require good mods, aswell as the toons that are used with them, so again a long time of farming/building.
    - Every player has a similar chance of getting them.
    - Their strength is not dependent on luck or RNG (maybe if you count the mods in, but they do not make a GL absolutely OP or garbage)
    - Once you have them, every player can use them without limitations.
    - Until last year's big nerf, there were enough non GL counters, so even people without a GL had a chance of beating them.

- DCs are not permanent.
    - They are available right at release
    - They are completely usable right at release if the mats are bought or after 1-2 weeks if you farm.
    - Not every player has a similar chance of getting them/the mats.
    - RNG or luck decide their strength (making them totally OP or garbage)
    - Once you have them, their usability is gated/limited by Relic levels
    - There are not enough or no counters to certain DCs, so even people with a GL don't always have a chance of beating them.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

- GLs are permanent.
    - They require good mods, aswell as the toons that are used with them, so again a long time of farming/building.
    - Their strength is not dependent on luck or RNG (maybe if you count the mods in, but they do not make a GL absolutely OP or garbage)
    - Until last year's big nerf, there were enough non GL counters, so even people without a GL had a chance of beating them.

- Every player has a similar chance of getting the good datacrons too. Chances for you arent lower than they are for me
    - DC require the character farm too. Tarkin happens to be a free one, but who is gonna have Nightsister Initiate at R7 and have a fitting team for her (or have some trash to activate the L6 bonus)?
    - I can use dcs without limitation too. I just need to have them.
    - DCs are not permanent.
    - They are completely usable right at release if the mats are bought or after 1-2 weeks if you farm.
    - There are not enough or no counters to certain DCs, so even people with a GL don't always have a chance of beating them.

- DCs not being permanent is why they are okay. What are you going to do with that tarkin or nightsister initiate once the dcs expires? Not much i would say
    - point 2 and 3 are perfectly fine.
    - If you say not every player has the same chance to get the mats (which i assume refers to top players or/and whales vs low GP players), you cant say that a free to play player has a similar chance at making progress against a whale. Sure you will get there, but the whales 700-crystals a day (GAC and fleets) will be much shorter than the 150 crystals chromium guy.
    - point 5 is also okay. The thing is its frustrating to get nothing as F2P while others get the good stuff
    - The set literally has the counter to itself with dodge/accuracy. And there are more than enough teams to prevent turn meter gain

• Options
    Dudes, people don't not understand your arguments for why you like/dislike DCs. They just disagree with them. There is no objective Datacrons are good/bad.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    There is no objective Datacrons are good/bad.

Most of the forum disagrees with you.
  • Options
    Using Datacrons to make mediocre characters competitive, temporarily , would be fine. However, I do not think that Datacrons should boost Meta-Toons. Nor do I think they should make these "mediocre" Toons dominant. Just "competitive".

Just my 2¢
  • Options
    And to the people rubbing our noses in the mud about datacrons... you think this anger in the community is good for the long term viability of this game
    People in my guild argue about datacrons. Take a bow. You support the worst thing to ever come to this game
  • Options

I’ve fallen from Kyber 1 to Kyber 4 now. Still seeing people with more Datacrons than I have. 6 GLs to 2 evens out the odds though.
    Good to see my grinding for 4 extra GLs and grinding for years for mods still serves some purpose. 🙄
  • Options

- GLs are permanent.

- Every player has a similar chance of getting the good datacrons too. Chances for you arent lower than they are for me
    - DC require the character farm too. Tarkin happens to be a free one, but who is gonna have Nightsister Initiate at R7 and have a fitting team for her (or have some trash to activate the L6 bonus)?
    - DCs are not permanent.

- DCs not being permanent is why they are okay. What are you going to do with that tarkin or nightsister initiate once the dcs expires? Not much i would say
    - point 2 and 3 are perfectly fine.
    - If you say not every player has the same chance to get the mats (which i assume refers to top players or/and whales vs low GP players), you cant say that a free to play player has a similar chance at making progress against a whale. Sure you will get there, but the whales 700-crystals a day (GAC and fleets) will be much shorter than the 150 crystals chromium guy.
    - point 5 is also okay. The thing is its frustrating to get nothing as F2P while others get the good stuff
    - The set literally has the counter to itself with dodge/accuracy. And there are more than enough teams to prevent turn meter gain

I've written you an answer, edited for typo. It disappeared here because it "has to be approved", I hope @Ultra can do so.
  • Options
    Holtom2000 wrote: »
    And to the people rubbing our noses in the mud about datacrons... you think this anger in the community is good for the long term viability of this game
    People in my guild argue about datacrons. Take a bow. You support the worst thing to ever come to this game

The worst to who?
  • Options
    Edit to add here before my post is gone again: I will not argue with you about wether DCs are good or not! You compared them to GLs and I showed you why your comparison didn't make sense, because you can't compare GLs to DCs. You like them, good for you. But it doesn't matter, because it is not about yours or my opinion. But just don't comoare them.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited September 2022
    Options

lol, I have many powerful DCs. But not so many characters meeting the relic threshold. That's a BIG limitation for F2P. Wanna use the Uber NS Initiate/MoMa/VetHan/Dash etc. DC? Get the character to Relic7...lol...oh btw, the other characters also need to be at least relic5...double lol...
  • Options
    Antario wrote: »

lol, I have many powerful DCs. But not so many characters meeting the relic threshold. That's a BIG limitation for F2P. Wanna use the Uber NS Initiate/MoMa/VetHan/Dash etc. DC? Get the character to Relic7...lol...oh btw, the other characters also need to be at least relic5...double lol...

But thats a F2P vs Whale problem, isnt it?
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

I’ve fallen from Kyber 1 to Kyber 4 now. Still seeing people with more Datacrons than I have. 6 GLs to 2 evens out the odds though.
    Good to see my grinding for 4 extra GLs and grinding for years for mods still serves some purpose. 🙄

I also have 6 GL, haven't spent on DCs, and have gone from the very bottom of K1 to a little higher in K1. You can't place the blame for falling four divisions on DCs.

What's your gg?
  • Options
    @Lumiya your post is being held as part of the spam filter because you edited it too quickly. I've been caught by it several times. Best work around is to wait 2 min from your original post's timestamp to edit
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Well either you will fall far enough that you will stop seeing them much, or you are beating them, so it seems ok.

OR... people quit the game because of them. Don't discount the 3rd option simply because it's not an option you'd consider.

Also, anything in the past that isnt a Datacron is a false equivalency. Relic introduction has no more to do with datacron implementation than CG introducing an Assault Battle for the Inquisitors has to do with fleet loadouts.

• Options
    Plenty of people have quit after datacrons arrived. It was the last straw for them. I just play without much care anymore. Just mess around and play less than I used to. The family likes it so i guess it is a win.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Plenty of people have quit after datacrons arrived. It was the last straw for them. I just play without much care anymore. Just mess around and play less than I used to. The family likes it so i guess it is a win.

That's a fun game... "Plenty of people have quit after [insert new thing to the game here] arrived. It was the last straw for them."

I remember when Plenty of people have quit after mods arrived. It was the last straw for them.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Mods. Ships. HSTR. GLs. GAC. TB. TW. If it was new or a change, people quit over it and the game was declared dead.

Just like Michael Scott tried, declaring something doesn't make it happen.