Rey/Ben GAC beatable?

2Next

Replies

• TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    flux_rono wrote: »
    i fought a low gear ben, with starkiller no issue, overall I found the match easier to beat then normal. even killed rey before she got an ult

Did you read the rest of the thread?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    GL lifter units 'sigh'........................why were they needed again?
  • Options
    It is not a bug, it's a feature...
  • Options
    This is absolutely atrocious.
  • Options
    Don't worry, your compensation for the bug will make up for it.
  • Options
    They have said they are looking into the situation, but is it a "bug" or is it WAI?
  • Options
    It’s neither to me…it’s unintended consequence due to the lack of testing in the GAC environment. I couldn’t get past it either. It is a shame a unit with multiple omicrons for GAC wasn’t tested properly.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be a tweak to Ben Solo’s force dyad omicron.
  • Options
    I honestly don't remember Ben's kit anymore, and can't really be bothered to reread that novel right now, but I've used SEE with Wat and Armorer and a L9 DC against a Rey, Bros, Holdo, Ben (with omis) team in GAC today and won. It got a bit dicey a couple of times, and I'm sure I misplayed here and there because I didn't remember Ben's kit in detail, but it certainly looked like a very doable fight. Assuming you play it right, you should be able to win consistently I think. But then again, the L9 SEE DC of mine probably made a difference, so once it vanishes in about 2 weeks, so might the counter. But this remains to be seen. Maybe it'll still be doable if you go in with a full team instead of just 3 like I did, and if you play it perfectly.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    I honestly don't remember Ben's kit anymore, and can't really be bothered to reread that novel right now, but I've used SEE with Wat and Armorer and a L9 DC against a Rey, Bros, Holdo, Ben (with omis) team in GAC today and won. It got a bit dicey a couple of times, and I'm sure I misplayed here and there because I didn't remember Ben's kit in detail, but it certainly looked like a very doable fight. Assuming you play it right, you should be able to win consistently I think. But then again, the L9 SEE DC of mine probably made a difference, so once it vanishes in about 2 weeks, so might the counter. But this remains to be seen. Maybe it'll still be doable if you go in with a full team instead of just 3 like I did, and if you play it perfectly.

I mean, had you read the thread, you would know the issue is only if you have to go back in. Every fight "can be won if you do it right." Not at all the point of the thread, or the CG post about how they're looking into it.
  • Options
    We all joke about CG/QA not testing, but the reality is they do - just not to the extent we want.

But to miss this interaction, which is the most fundamental part of Ben’s synergy…I have no idea how this could have been overlooked.

It seems likey that CG knew about the interaction, but decided to let it go live and fix later, since the deadline had arrived for the patch to drop.

Either there is some deceit and potential sabotage going on within the QA team, or this is just another example of how the leaders at CG care more about hitting deadlines ($) than the actual player experience.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    I honestly don't remember Ben's kit anymore, and can't really be bothered to reread that novel right now, but I've used SEE with Wat and Armorer and a L9 DC against a Rey, Bros, Holdo, Ben (with omis) team in GAC today and won. It got a bit dicey a couple of times, and I'm sure I misplayed here
    StarSon wrote: »

I mean, had you read the thread, you would know the issue is only if you have to go back in. Every fight "can be won if you do it right." Not at all the point of the thread, or the CG post about how they're looking into it.

Ohh ok, my bad. I quickly skimmed the thread but didn't watch any footage that was posted, so wasn't 100% sure what people were talking about. But then again, the question of the thread is whether Rey+Ben are unbeatable, which I replied to with my post. They definitely are beatable. But yeah, the second battle thing appears to be a bug then.
  • Options
    @StarSon I have no clue why my post messed up the formatting. I double checked when trying to edit and didn't find anything that would mess it up. But yeah, I replied to your last comment above.
  • AceCV
    994 posts Member
    Options
    I got an opponent with this duo....and ofc I can't beat it after 1st attempt cause....its impossible with the way the kit is working.
    My only question is.....how devs will compensate this mess. Pretty sure that we have a lot of this situations, specially in the Kyber divisions and GAC performance = daily crystals.
  • Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    They have said they are looking into the situation, but is it a "bug" or is it WAI?

Do you know what the I in WAI means? Because they literally said it was an "unintended interaction"

Thank you Captain Snarky. Fieldgulls put it into context better without being an ****:
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    It’s neither to me…it’s unintended consequence due to the lack of testing in the GAC environment. I couldn’t get past it either. It is a shame a unit with multiple omicrons for GAC wasn’t tested properly.

It appears that the omicron is WAI, however, its how the omicron operates under certain circumstances in GAC that is causing unexpected consequences due to CG's likely lack of testing and general incompetence.

The fact that TVF liked your post speaks volumes.
    Cheers
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    AceCV wrote: »
    I got an opponent with this duo....and ofc I can't beat it after 1st attempt cause....its impossible with the way the kit is working.
    My only question is.....how devs will compensate this mess. Pretty sure that we have a lot of this situations, specially in the Kyber divisions and GAC performance = daily crystals.

They will likely fix it without compensation.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

They will fix it without compensation.

FIFY

The "likely" was connected to the part about them fixing it, not the part about compensating for it.
  • Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

They will fix it without compensation.

FIFY

The "likely" was connected to the part about them fixing it, not the part about compensating for it.

Probably, most likely, fix it without compensation.
  • Options
    The Force Dyad situation is one thing but the lack of damage is criminal. I've seen some SEE and JML easily deal with him, as is. Ben was advertised as a glass cannon. His stats need to be fixed. Something is off right??? If they were to make him more of a threat damage wise I think it would actually make him somewhat good.
  • Options
    Lol, I'm going to venture a guess that somebody coded "Ben Solo can't be defeated while Rey is above 50% Health" as "Ben Solo starts undefeatable, and becomes defeatable when Rey's health drops to below 50%".
  • Options
    "Ben Solo starts undefeatable, and becomes defeatable when Rey's health drops to below 50%".

Pretty much, but to be fair they're pretty much all coded like that.

Unit starts with a marker that limits their health dropping below 1, which gets dispelled when "X" event occurs.

With the way it is coded, they should be able to fix it by adding a check at battle start for Rey's current health before applying the marker.
  • Starslayer
    2418 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    HughZ wrote: »
    Ben was advertised as a glass cannon.
    So far it seems the opposite when he’s with GL Rey: he doesn’t fall but do ok damage. More like a steel slingshot.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Options
    Given it can't get close to LV on offence, just use LV with cooldown omicron
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

This is a thread about Ben/Rey being bugged, not how to beat it.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options

This is a thread about Ben/Rey being bugged, not how to beat it.

In that case they’ll fix if FOR compensation. Get it?? For money! No one else thought of that can you believe it
    Maybe End Game isn't for you