Grand Inquisitor event dark times

13Next

Replies

• Options
    December
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Options
    V01D wrote: »
    Returns in December.

Of course. Probably right after the third go around of Conquest for his ship.
  • Options
    That's very disappointing.
    While it's nice they gave us the long upfront message, y the time the GI will return it'll be over 150-160 days, maybe more 😔
  • Options

The release could also be in the last week of december and than we have 180 days. Last was on 22/06/23. That is half a year...

On 26th the DC for empire expires. If ya believe in conspiracies...

Communication on this sucks.
    Just a short message, that the event takes place in december and thats it.
    People wait since september, when the 90 days since the initial event expired.
    At least a short explanation from company not members would be nice, why to delay this event more than 5 months -.-

• Options
    Lol I was right when I said it would return to festivus then. ****!
  • Eyak
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Especially there is a grand inquisitor feat in next conquest, classic cg move.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    It's 4 keycards, it's fine.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Wait, what?

Complaining about 4 lozenges? Yeah, that's not going to be an issue.
  • Options
    It's 4 or 9, depending if you can cheese the torture feat in S1.

What I dont get in my mind is, why the management for a game is blocking content for almost half a year?
    A game is meant to play with the content.
    We cant even take shortages and this is just dead content.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Exactly. So why even do it if you’re CG and mapping out a conquest. There’s intent there. It’s not an accident. Whether you find it inconsequential is irrespective of the fact that CG did not.
  • Options
    V01D wrote: »
    Returns in December.

Of course. Probably right after the third go around of Conquest for his ship.

That would be january.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    Options
    Well. So glad I got them all to R5 mid-september in anticipation of the normal cadence, pushing my profundity prereqs back a bit. I guess I'll just take the extra assault battle earnings as my consolation prize. SMH CG.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Yep 23/01/10 :D
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Justokay wrote: »

Exactly. So why even do it if you’re CG and mapping out a conquest. There’s intent there. It’s not an accident. Whether you find it inconsequential is irrespective of the fact that CG did not.

Why do it? Dunno, doesn't matter to me. I can skip four keycards, I don't care why.
  • StarSon
    7494 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, the intent is "hey, you have GI, so here's an easy 5 points," and the alternative is "hey, you were here for the marquee so you can try to cheese it for 5 points," ooorrr, "it's only 5 points, just move on."
  • Options
    Orr I guess you could respect the guy’s opinion that didn’t like it and maybe reject the urge to be glib?
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    Well. So glad I got them all to R5 mid-september in anticipation of the normal cadence, pushing my profundity prereqs back a bit. I guess I'll just take the extra assault battle earnings as my consolation prize. SMH CG.

I'm no fan of CG, but dude, why? Profundity is the meta ship right now. You know it's back every month. GI is not that impactful yet and we didn't know when it was coming back for sure. You chose the worse unit with an unknown return over the better unit with a known (and imminent) return. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Orr I guess you could respect the guy’s opinion that didn’t like it and maybe reject the urge to be glib?

We are all allowed opinions here.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

I'm no fan of CG, but dude, why? Profundity is the meta ship right now. You know it's back every month. GI is not that impactful yet and we didn't know when it was coming back for sure. You chose the worse unit with an unknown return over the better unit with a known (and imminent) return. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because one event comes back every month, and the other returns every 3-4 months (or so it was generally thought). So in terms of planning, it's better to prioritize for the less frequent event. I'll be getting Prof on Sunday, but was banking on getting GI in Oct and then prof. If we'd known GI was 6 months away, that would have significantly altered my plan. Let's be honest, if GI had come back earlier and I'd done the opposite, people would still call me out for not being ready for GI, since the legendary candance is 'well known'.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    That is for the GI feat. There’s a deal more keycards tied to Inquis and I would assume those are easier with GI than without.
    So while the hard req is only 4 KC, there’s more to it imo.
    Possibly I’m just bitter since I’ve been ready roughly 1 month after first event run….
  • Docbenway88
    7 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Honestly, I don't care when the GI event returns. I spent almost an hour trying to beat the Fulcrum tier before giving up. R7 Ninth Sister, all zetas except Second Sister, all Mk VI mods taken from my GLs and I still couldn't beat it. I've completed every character event in the game except Jabba and never came close to anything that frustrating.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »
    That is for the GI feat. There’s a deal more keycards tied to Inquis and I would assume those are easier with GI than without.
    Possibly I’m just bitter since I’ve been ready roughly 1 month after first event run….

I forgot Torture, so 9.

With that said the rest should be easy if you have the team ready.
  • Options
    Honestly, I don't care when the GI event returns. I spent almost an hour trying to beat the Fulcrum tier before giving up. R7 Ninth Sister, all zetas except Second Sister, all Mk VI mods taken from my GLs and I still couldn't beat it. I've completed every character event in the game except Jabba and never came close to anything that frustrating.

I had some trouble with it too - but there's definitely a strategy involved that minimizes the RNG. Once I had my head wrapped around that it only took 3 or 4 attempts. That was after roughly 10 attempts without knowing the strategy. Super annoying though - I agree.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    @herd_nerfer

Link or strategy description?
  • herd_nerfer
    2040 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @herd_nerfer

Link or strategy description?

This one is quite thorough:
    Skelturix: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny-349Y4Qj4

Also a good one:
    The Gerbil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfTuCGM6gPY

Armor shred helps a lot - but the biggest thing is getting the turn order right (and I don't remember what it was tbh) - but keeping crit immunity and evasion up is key for lasting long enough for Fulcrum to get max stacks of focus.

Edit: it's worth mentioning that I had all the zetas when I did it - these two videos are "minimum required" but if you're trying it with the bare minimum you can expect that it's going to be more difficult and/or more subject to bad RNG.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

I forgot Torture, so 9.

With that said the rest should be easy if you have the team ready.

the new droids have torture so there is a workaround