If you can't assist, how are you supposed to attack out of turn 20 times?

Prev1
Stenun
851 posts Member
edited August 2023
The current Galactic Challenge has Opportunistic Advance s one of the Feats.
"Opportunistic Advance X: Complete the battle after attacking out of turn 20 or more times."
Fine. Nothing new. We know what squads we have that can do this.
Except ...
The Global Modifer: "All units are inflicated with 10 stacks of Hesitation at the start of the battle"
"Hesitation: ... Can't assist ..."
Um, what?!
A unit loses a stack of Hesitation when they use a Special Ability. But by the time all my units have used Special Abilities 10 times, there aren't enough enemies left to attack out of turn 20 times.
Is this another CG mistake or am I missing something?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    Counter attacks
  • Options
    Counter attacks

Well that severely cuts down on your options, doesn't it?
    There aren't a lot of squads that can do that 20 times.
    Grrr. Annoying.
  • Options
    This is the first Galactic Challenge I've actively disliked in a long time. I don't always get Box 10 but I don't dislike the Challenge as a result.
    However finding a squad that can survive long enough to counter attack at least 20 times without slaughtering the oppeonent first and all while often being mass stunned in the process is not fun.
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    This is the first Galactic Challenge I've actively disliked in a long time. I don't always get Box 10 but I don't dislike the Challenge as a result.
    However finding a squad that can survive long enough to counter attack at least 20 times without slaughtering the oppeonent first and all while often being mass stunned in the process is not fun.

You’ll need to think outside the box

Don’t be so full of hesitation
  • Options
    Try CLS or the 501st
  • Options
    I've managed to get Box 8 and I'm stopping there. It suddenly occured to me that I'm not enjoying this so why am I still trying?
    I used JKRevan to get Opportunistic Advance on Tier VIII but none of my squads that can counter attack can survive long enough to counter attack 20 times, and keep the opponent alive long enough to be able to counter attack 20 times, on Tier IX or X.
    So I'll chalk this one up to "severe irritation" and wait for the next one. :-)
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    You decrease those stacks by using specials. Once you have zero stacks, you can assist. Easiest way appears to be JML and spam his lead special.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    You decrease those stacks by using specials. Once you have zero stacks, you can assist. Easiest way appears to be JML and spam his lead special.

Even on Tier X, my JML squad kills all the enemies first even when I'm actively trying not to.
    I even took out my regular Jedis and replaced them with weaker ones and they then just died. Therefore still not leaving me enough to get 20 assists.
  • Options
    Gas 501st, press auto and enjoy
  • Options
    GAS 501ST does the attack out of turn very easily. BitDynasty put out a strat to get Tier X done with badly geared Hutt Cartel. Just make Boba and Embo fast, that's honestly all you need. I'm sitting with the red box right now with only 3 HC units reliced.
  • Options
    Rey, Bros, Mace and Armorer worked as well.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Even on Tier X, my JML squad kills all the enemies first even when I'm actively trying not to.
    I even took out my regular Jedis and replaced them with weaker ones and they then just died. Therefore still not leaving me enough to get 20 assists.

Just have to slow play it. Always use the JML lead special and spread the damage. I did JML GMY JKL GK Shaak. Took 5 minutes or so but got it first try.
  • Options

Call Hoda every time, even after the stacks of hesitation drop off. Takes a while but works fine. I used JML, Hoda, GMY, Revan, JKL.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    GAS 501st. Ezpz
  • Options

Call Hoda every time, even after the stacks of hesitation drop off. Takes a while but works fine. I used JML, Hoda, GMY, Revan, JKL.

That's what I was going to suggest, too. Try not to kill everybody too soon. When the hesitations drop off, call Hyoda for assist all the time. When I did that, only 2 enemies were still alive, but it was enough.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

You’ll need to think outside the box

The red one?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    JML seems tough. I was able to get 22 with JML, JKL (nice for stuns, has a non-lead assist), Jolee, Hoda, Barriss. If I remodded JML for less protection, I could easily have gotten several more.

Someone mentioned GAS. Hit auto, done.

Someone in my guild ran JMK without CAT.

I think I saw someone mention CLS somewhere.

I got 20 in just under 5 minutes using Rey, Wat, L3, BB8, R2. Lots of chances to stall with that team.

I'm sure there are plenty more, too. I was having some luck with IV, but didn't quite have what it takes to get DV dead before he ruined my day.
  • MilHanso
    292 posts Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I did IX using CLS with R2-D2, X involved too much RNG and I already had Box 8.
    Post edited by MilHanso on
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Options
    It’s Galactic Challenge, not Galactic Easy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    This one is pretty Galactic Easy in my book XD
  • Options

What’d you use for the counters? I was planning on doing it tomorrow with morning coffee. CLS seems like the right choice or Shaak Ti.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

What’d you use for the counters? I was planning on doing it tomorrow with morning coffee. CLS seems like the right choice or Shaak Ti.

I used GAS on Auto.

Found a few other teams that could work on the forums and posted above... because I was bored.
  • Options
    My gas bear it twice and I didn't get it
  • Options
    My gas bear it twice and I didn't get it

Try Shaak/501st. I didn’t try Gas but did it first time with that.
  • Options
    1efpdscpk8z7.png

3 attempts with this group and all feats were completed. The first 2 attempts failed cause the summoned trooper would dispel Krrsantan’s taunt.
  • Options
    Has anyone suggested gas 501st yet?
  • Options
    Bounty hunters with greef works great
  • Options
    If you have SEE he gives everyone counter attack, just don’t take an auto taunt, like I did lol, barely got the feat.
  • Options
    I used jmk cat, got jmk out of bonus, and then got ult, and he got 20 while in ult. Spread the attacks out
This discussion has been closed.