Forget the new TB

Prev1
This is the deciding factor for me:

qpxgskla51is.png

I have to have 20 or more r9 toons just to be eligible to play all the battles in the final phase? Not to win, just to have the option of playing. Otherwise you simply don't get to play all the battles that day, and if you don't have 5xr9 you don't get to play any of the battles on day 5 or day 6.

It would be ... interesting. Not necessarily good, but interesting... if that required toon chart was the requirements for your mission leader, but once you had a single r9 toon you could attempt the battle with a lesser squad behind your marvellous leader.

Very few people have 5xr9 with synergy. They might have 5 or 10 r9 toons, but they'll be prioritizing taking the GL's to r9, so they'll have mutliple strong r9 leaders, but no r9 squads.

I honestly can't imagine how many people are even allowed to play a single mission in this TB. It can't be many.

I play this game to have fun. Entering an event, even if getting only a single p1 star is enough to get better rewards than 30+ in the Geo TBs, frustrates the entire point.

How many times must I say it?

This is a game. We play games for fun. Entering an event we're not allowed to play is not fun.

On top of this, listing a 200Mgp entrance requirement for this TB is a cruel joke. How many 200Mgp guilds have a single player with a single r9 toon?

The player base isn't ready for this, CG. These r8 and r9 requirements are ill-conceived and badly executed.

Replies

• Options
    AdRad solo
  • Options
    Cant wait for them to combine all these crying threads.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Dark_Apprentice
    8 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    These are legit complaints and sure you shouldn't be able to max stars the first time around as you have to learn the new playing field. These are high reqs for something that is supposed to be fun. R9 is hard enough as is unless of course you drop money to get there quicker. Also you work hard enough,as is to get r9 mats for teams f2p or p2p just to get nuked in the opening wave. Also a side effect of this will be guilds restructuring to get all the players that can fit these requirements thus destroying guilds in the process, making the game stressful for all involved(finding a new guild etc).
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Cant wait for them to combine all these crying threads.

Crying? I don't cry. In game I simply play what's fun and ignore what isn't. In the forums I write what I write to try to get CG to emphasize fun in their game development. I can't say that my opinion of what's fun is universal, but I give my version and let others give theirs.

This idea is far ahead of the player base. I didn't expect to necessarily do well in the new TB. I expected the new TB to be a motivator to acquire and gear new toons released down the road once we identify specific battles or phases that crush the current meta.

But I expected to be able to go in and look around while they crush me so that I could get ideas about what mike work and start thinking about theory crafting new squads.

Then I could use that theory crafting to allow me to prioritize which toons I wanted to gear highest and soonest.

But now that won't matter. Once I gear something to r9 to check out the battle and start theory crafting, my toons are already r9, so there's nothing left to do. And if I r9'd the wrong squad, I've cost myself hugely.

All the incentives are to sit back and wait, because even if I took squads to r9, it will be like LS GeoTB at release -- meaning the characters you need and abilities you need to actually have success don't even exist yet, so the toons you take to r9 today won't be the toons that end up conquering the new TB.

By creating over-the-top requirements, they've made certain that this TB is a wasteland of inactivity for 6-12 months.

This is why I say that the player base isn't ready for this TB and that requiring a single toon to be r9 (the leader, obviously) would be a wiser strategy that would allow people to at least participate in the gameplay.

Currently we're excluded from game play, and that's neither fun nor good for the game. Having an r9 leader but having your r5 tank get two-shot and your whole squad get demolished in wave 1 would allow the same result -- no TB points for combat mission waves -- BUT it would allow the players to actually have a glimpse at the future. With 5xr9 we don't even get to look around at the new world.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Can't wait for CG apologizers and deep throaters to find a cliff.

You get dark quick.
  • Ultra
    11521 posts Moderator
    Options
    its fine
  • Options
    This happened with GeoTBs too….when DS and LS Geo came out we preloaded Phase 1 and 2 as an UPPER end guild……same thing will happen here.
    The target back then was to break into P3 bottom and get KAM!!
    The target this time will be to consolidate R6s and then R7s to get into P3…..

I honestly wouldn’t worry about P6 😂
  • Options
    I'm still in the wait and see camp. My current guild pretty much didn't touch phase 4 of light side geonosis anyway, so leaving later phases alone will be nothing new for a lot of guilds.

It's going to depend on the combat points to deploy points balance in the star scoring.

A guild that has a decent amount of r6 teams could concentrate all deployment in one track to get 2 or 3 stars while only fighting the other 2 areas to get close to a star.
    Phase 1: Fight and deploy 2 stars dark side. Fight N and L tracks.
    Phase 2: Fight and deploy 2 stars N, Fight D and L.
    Phase 3: Fight and deploy 2-3 stars L, fight N and D. (I have upto 3 stars here from 2 phases being a lot of prep. Maybe not?).
    Phase 4: Back to dark etc...

Over 6 phases that's a 12 star plan with no r7 teams required. It all depends on the points required though. Even with higher point thresholds it could be a 6 star plan.

I just think it's too soon to proclaim the TB dead, or unplayable.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This just made the hole point of relics useless. R6+ teams x6+++ basically not rechargeable for average 95% of base. CG just **** all the fun out of this new game mode
  • Options
    I just want to know if you’re really going to have to r9 units just to platoon them in p5 and 6?
    NOTE: Min Requirements are for Combat Missions and Operations but not Deployment
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    I just want to know if you’re really going to have to r9 units just to platoon them in p5 and 6?
    NOTE: Min Requirements are for Combat Missions and Operations but not Deployment

The game info now has a RelicTier definition for platoons so......
  • MasterSeedy
    5076 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    This happened with GeoTBs too….when DS and LS Geo came out we preloaded Phase 1 and 2 as an UPPER end guild……same thing will happen here.

Well, no.

The same thing didn't happen in LSTB. I was there. I remember.

We went in, we started the battles, and then we got crushed. We might not have actually gotten any TP from combat missions, but we were allowed to attempt them.

In other words, we were allowed to play the game.

This plan from CG **denies the opportunity to actually play the game**. That's the part to which I object.

To be relentlessly clear, I call attention to the fact that I have never asked for lesser difficulty. Only lesser entrance requirements. I don't want to be told I can't play. I just want to go in and get blown up on my own power. That at least allows me to get ideas, to think creatively, to make my own decisions on what toons or squads or factions need a new focus.

If I can't even have a look, then I'm letting someone else play the game and then tell me in a Youtube video what I'm supposed to gear and which abilities need zetas or omis and I'm just pushing the buttons to follow someone else's plan -- all without entering a battle.

That's not gameplay. That's bookkeeping. While I have accountants in my own family (god's mercy be upon them) MOST of us don't think bookkeeping is a grand old time.

Insane relic requirement for any toon in the leader slot is okay, I guess. Personally I think anyone should have the right to be gloriously slaughtered in unwindable combat. But still, I don't think I would object to a requirement for an r9 leader. Because then each person would only have to have a couple r9 toons to be able to attempt the battles on their guild's track. That's a huge amount of work just to get 2 of them, but it's not something that you couldn't do in 1-2 months if you're someone with no r9s and your guild leader said you'll need them because your guild is going to start attempting the new TB.

Again, I'm arguing for game play, not easy victories. Personally I'm convinced that straight r9 won't win many 4/4 battles in p1 (though I'd be happy to be wrong) because that's how it was in LSTB when it was released.

You could have straight r7s (the best toons then available) and you would still get murdered because Omicrons didn't exist, Mon Mothma + Kyle didn't exist, JMK didn't exist, and JML didn't exist.

The toons we relic today to attempt the battles aren't going to be the ones that win those battles. The toons that win vs. the new TB aren't even on CG's drawing board.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    AdRad solo

I'll be twice as good, I'm going to run a Fishman solo and a Piett solo.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    One worry I have. Is that I read that recommended 20 stars on LSGTB before moving onto this thing. To me the requirements look significantly more than 20 stars.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    93lou300bear.jpeg
    465m guild I have one R9 and this
  • Options
    @TVF
    In LightSide?
  • Options

I'm probably similar on mats, and likewise have only one r9. I think that's going to be fairly normal even in high end guilds.
  • Options
    Completely out of touch with player base and reality. Unleash the Krakens
  • Options
    Drim wrote: »
    93lou300bear.jpeg

Lol
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    @TVF
    In LightSide?

This TB has three alignments.

Also, obviously joking....
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I did get the joke. That was a joking reply.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    It’s fun how they refuse to make it easier to get to relics but then everything they release requires higher and higher relics.
  • Options
    I wonder if it's possible to take this new event and create three separate tiers for it. Thee way it is now can be the top tier. But have a normal which is much more reasonable. Maybe make rewards less. Then have an easier mode for lower guilds this way everyone can play it and everyone's needs are met. You want a challenge well select tier 3. You want to play and have fun well select tier 1, at the cost of lesser rewards of course.

By doing something like this we all get to enjoy it. I think the idea of three paths is great but disappointed I can't play it. Allow me to play it at a lesser difficulty for lesser rewards and I'm happy, sure I'd still be disappointed but at least then I can't really complain, because you at least thought of other players. It's like conquest. I wasn't able to play it on the difficulty when it just had 1. But now I can play normal and get the t5 crate. It still a challenge but I enjoy it,( granted I hate the sith team because I struggle WAY too much with them) but at least I am growing and having Fun. Which at the end of the day is the reason I am playing this game to have fun and pass the time. This would be a more Equitable approach to the game, plus I am sure people who are close to a goal would be more likely to spend money to overcome the hurdle in front of them.
  • Drim
    360 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    I’m so disappointed with the relic gate I unlocked inquisitors doing tickets for jabba unable to participate in new TB what’s the point.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    It’s fun how they refuse to make it easier to get to relics but then everything they release requires higher and higher relics.

Did you not read the road ahead?!?!?!?
    Bringing a Marquee Character up to viability, in a game where strong squads are often Relic 5+, is a longer road than when we first introduced Marquees many years ago. These changes will help shorten that journey and get characters up to snuff so you can feel confident in using them in a variety of modes sooner.

The changes will speed up getting units to relic level....
    insert rolling eyes here 🙄
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I wonder if it's possible to take this new event and create three separate tiers for it. Thee way it is now can be the top tier. But have a normal which is much more reasonable. Maybe make rewards less. Then have an easier mode for lower guilds this way everyone can play it and everyone's needs are met. You want a challenge well select tier 3. You want to play and have fun well select tier 1, at the cost of lesser rewards of course.

By doing something like this we all get to enjoy it. I think the idea of three paths is great but disappointed I can't play it. Allow me to play it at a lesser difficulty for lesser rewards and I'm happy, sure I'd still be disappointed but at least then I can't really complain, because you at least thought of other players. It's like conquest. I wasn't able to play it on the difficulty when it just had 1. But now I can play normal and get the t5 crate. It still a challenge but I enjoy it,( granted I hate the sith team because I struggle WAY too much with them) but at least I am growing and having Fun. Which at the end of the day is the reason I am playing this game to have fun and pass the time. This would be a more Equitable approach to the game, plus I am sure people who are close to a goal would be more likely to spend money to overcome the hurdle in front of them.

They could call the first tier Hoth and the second tier Geonosis. Wait...

This is the third difficulty tier of TB. Lesser difficulty, lesser rewards. Yes. That's already there. Selecting the different tiers is already there. Why would they throw out the stuff that's already there? New players would miss out on all that content.
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »

They should do it like Conquest - Have an Easy, Normal and Hard mode, with appropriate rewards for each. Guilds can start on Easy and then work their way up. This allows all guilds to participate at whatever level they are at, and as more toons get relicked they can move to the harder content. The way it is now, they are excluding something like 90% of the player base. So, let's just call it Whale Battles, and the majority of us will go in, deploy to Platoons, and be done. All the work that CG put into this, and most of us will get 1 minutes worth of "enjoyment". Why they are excluding "lesser" accounts is beyond me. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    Okay, come on, folks.

I started this thread and I feel there are legitimate complaints to be made, but I'm not arguing for the actual battles to be easier to win.

The idea that there should be "easy, normal, and hard" modes is silly when we have Hoth and Geonosis TBs.

The next-level TB doesn't need to be easy. It just needs to be accessible.

Please remember that the mode opens to guilds at 200Mgp. If it opened at 500Mgp, I might not even have a problem with the requirements that currently seem obscene.

My guild was more than 440Mgp the last I checked and I doubt we have 4 players who could attempt 2 missions in day 4. That's more than double the entrance GP requirement, and 50% of the TB is simply forbidden to 90% of the players.

We don't need easy. We just need access. I don't care if I get slaughtered. I care if I don't get to play the game. Not wanting to get slaughtered will be enough of a motivation. I don't need a hard gate.