How about a productive new TB feedback thread?

Prev1
CG has spent a lot of time building out this new end game content so how about we provide some useful feedback?
1. Can you make the icons on each planet larger and perhaps much more different in appearance? On phone with a 3-inch screen, it is very hard to make out the icons. I missed the fleet battles off the planet completely my first time flipping around each planet.
2. When we enter a path can we not default to the deployment area? trigger happy participants may accidentally deploy their entire roster.

Replies

• Options
    wow, nothing useful yet?
    3. DS path, LV solo mission. I am unable to see the life bars, buffs and debuffs on JMK, they are hidden under all of his buff squares at the top right of the screen. It made it difficult to see if he was ability blocked or should I use the mission special button to inflict a block.
  • Options
    Making sure characters can die would be nice
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    CG has spent a lot of time building out this new end game content so how about we provide some useful feedback?
    1. Can you make the icons on each planet larger and perhaps much more different in appearance? On phone with a 3-inch screen, it is very hard to make out the icons. I missed the fleet battles off the planet completely my first time flipping around each planet.
    2. When we enter a path can we not default to the deployment area? trigger happy participants may accidentally deploy their entire roster.

Doesn't it always default to deployment when you click on a different territory than the one currently in focus? I'm pretty sure that's the same interaction for all the TBs.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Ok, I will give some more detailed feedback too, although it's probably just shouting into the void.
    The good:
    - The difficulty is actually tuned quite well, it's within reach for non-GL teams on the appropriate relic with some tactical consideration. I expect this to change in later phases, though.
    - Two encounters per battle. It makes the whole thing go faster, which is needed with 24h phases.
    The bad:
    - Too much value in platoons, too little value in battles.
    - The focus on new and unused characters in the neutral path is too much, only a single mission was playable for me.
    - The unkillable clone thing, but that's just CG's usual level of testing.
    - Oh, I nearly forgot. The enemies are just a lazy rehash of previous TBs.
    The ugly:
    - Requiring R5 even for platoons is just next level greed.
    The unexpected hit:
    - The biggest reason why I don't hate the new TB was probably not intended by CG at all. It gave me, as a veteran, something that I was missing in the game lately - meaningful goals that aren't absurdly far away. There are requirements that I can plausibly get before the next run. There are teams that miss just a few relic levels. There is something to do while I slog through the shard farm for Jabba requirements and other long term goals. So it will keep me playing a bit longer, I guess.
  • Options
    Pro:
    - The CMs are tuned in difficulty properly in P1. They are also close to worthless but at least it is not as traumatic as the LSgeo was.

Con:
    - The visual design is absolutely cheap and lacking compared to the previous TB maps (personal preference)
    - The most valuable and noble goal for a character is to be deployed in a special pocket and never use a single ability.
    - They *did* publish a content that requires units that are currently not available. Say what you will about this.
    - Having hundreds of Missions with only 2 encounters is an indirect nerf to some TB omicrons.
    - Some characters have their ability CD-s on display and some do not, because consistency that's why.
    - Fighting Royal Guards and Phase1 clones on the same team feels more like a joke than a thematic idea (personal preference).
    - Obvious lack of thorough testing

If you summarize all the things above this is probably the highest quality content they produced in the last 3 years.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    I think the visual design is fantastic
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    I think the visual design is fantastic

Each to their own I suppose. I can only see 15 spheres slowly rotating + 3 other objects. But as I said, it is a personal preference.
  • Options
    Since the encounters aren't random anymore, it would be nice if I could preview the enemies/abilities of each node before entering the battle.

P2 DS fleet CM is a joke. After P1, I thought we were going to get a nice gradual ramp up to the absurd-with-what's-in-game-now. But alas...

Stacking IPD glitch from Conquest is alive and well in P2 LS CMs.

Platoons have always been a horrible idea and are now even more so--especially considering the relic investment required in TB3.

Certainly better than cPit's initial release. Worse than Conquest initial release. Feeling pretty neutral overall.
  • Options
    I had fun with it last night. I’ll do more fights later today.

The modifiers need to have better icons because right now they visually look like they apply to all characters instead of, say, only Empire or only Jedi or whatever.

Difficulty is fine. It’s obscenely hard, but that’s futureproofing so it’s okay in my book. No Sanas or R5 Ugnaughts right now, but a year from now when we’re still running this? Probably.

My only real concern is that if we run this twice a month it may get stale fast. They can defer that by changing modifiers and battles and such. But people will get Big Mad if they do. So we’ll see—but, for now, I like it, it’s fun.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I’d suggest allowing us to use the troops deployed in platoons in combat missions as well. I understand why it was designed the way it is but we want to play with the characters we invest in. It’s a game, let us have fun.
  • Options
    There are some very nice ideas like the 2 wave system.
    But the battlepoints gained from the battles are set to low.
    The requierements for platoons are to high and must be set lower. Otherwise it's quite impossible to fill any platoon. Please CG rework the platoon requierements.
    I wish CG would allow us to "restart" a battle without losing the team equal to the i.e. rancor raids.
  • Options
    So far, so good.

Here's a question though - why are my dark side characters fighting dark side enemies on Mustafar and light side fighting light side in Coruscant?

It feels like everything is a bit backwards in the battles.

Other than that, it's fun so far.

And to those complaining about relic'ing characters for platoons -

1. Chances are you will have to for future farms (example - ewoks for GL Rebel Leia)
    2. You have an entire guild of 50. Maybe, just maybe have everyone farm 1-2, versus you trying to farm them all? ;)

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    OmegaIV wrote: »
    So far, so good.

Here's a question though - why are my dark side characters fighting dark side enemies on Mustafar and light side fighting light side in Coruscant?

It feels like everything is a bit backwards in the battles.

Because Vader killed the Separatist commanders on Mustafar and the Jedi fought against clones during Order 66 on Coruscant.
  • Options
    One more piece of feedback, in the futile hope that someone relevant reads it:
    We have been calling for a bunch of QoL changes for a long time, and two of them are sorely needed now that this TB is out. Those two are:
    - The option to sort our roster by relic level or including relics in the gear level sort. Now that certain relic levels are required across the board, we need a convenient way to see them.
    - The option to focus/lock individual platoons. Given the relic requirements and abundance of new characters, officers should have the option to easily show which ones should be filled to avoid wasting characters.
    Neither of those is new so they should be somewhere on the wishlist (or more likely lost somewhere between the community manager du jour and CG proper), but now they are more urgent than before.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    One more piece of feedback, in the futile hope that someone relevant reads it:
    We have been calling for a bunch of QoL changes for a long time, and two of them are sorely needed now that this TB is out. Those two are:
    - The option to sort our roster by relic level or including relics in the gear level sort. Now that certain relic levels are required across the board, we need a convenient way to see them.
    - The option to focus/lock individual platoons. Given the relic requirements and abundance of new characters, officers should have the option to easily show which ones should be filled to avoid wasting characters.
    Neither of those is new so they should be somewhere on the wishlist (or more likely lost somewhere between the community manager du jour and CG proper), but now they are more urgent than before.

Both of these suggestions would be really helpful.
  • Options
    Being able to use R5 Jedi in Bracca's R6+ Jedi mission is nice. Still got wiped, but it was nice.
  • Options
    Long time lurker, infrequent poster, but...

As a TB officer, I would like to second the call from Nauros for being able to lock individual platoons.

In addition to that, we really need:
    • Real time responsiveness like TW/GAC, TB is extremely laggy to the point of needing to force close and open to see changes, including but not limited to: deployments, messages, zone focuses or closures. In a preload world like most guilds are in, not having faster refreshes of that data is leading to mistakes occurring and extra strain on officers.
    • A button in the deploy screen to just select the amount needed to get to the next star, so split deployments are easier.
    Thanks,
    AA
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Being able to use R5 Jedi in Bracca's R6+ Jedi mission is nice. Still got wiped, but it was nice.

shhhhhhh!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    MHCh.gif
  • Options
    I think the layout of the new TB is really nice, but as I play through it the overall score i'd give it just keeps going down. Currently i'd give it about a 6/10.

The combat missions are just a meh for me. There isn't anything much different there, and the reward for winning is laughable. Why would I go do an entire Jabba farm to add a small 200,000k GP? The entire guild could go farm Jabba and win and only add 10Mil. Compare that to having 50 guild members relic a few characters for platoons and you can add 10-60mil across multiple sectors and get bonuses to go with it.

If they dont want to increase the GP for winning, they need to add something to the normal combat nodes to make them feel worthwhile.

IMO, currently the best value adds for a guild would be for everyone to r5 Qira and Young han for the SM in p1. Every 10 wins give you an extra star levels worth of GET3 (150) as it seems it will take a while to really show significant progress in this one.

• Options
    Why are R7 Geos needed when everything else for Geonosis is R6 minimum? Seems like a mistake?
  • Options
    I agree with the scoring of battle wins vs. platoons aka operations now. My guild is a 400+M guild and we are slogging along but quickly found it is worth more to platoon a single toon rather than win one wave.
    Having the ability for leaders to lock not planned to fill platoons / operations is essential now because an accident is lost GP.
    Finally, the options for relic materials collection should be reviewed. Maybe the daily challenges can reward some. The change in salvage values and gear farmed is not going to offset the need to push a bunch of otherwise useless toons for the rest of game play up to a level to be placed in a platoon aka operation. I told my guild to just message me with what worthless toon to take to r7 instead of a Jabba, Dr. Aprha, etc... for the next TB and I will grind a ROLO, or whoever we need but let's face it that new toon wont be value added in GAC or TW.
  • Options
    Geonosis battles were a ton of fun. Battling those monsters is exactly the kind of things i expect from pve.
  • Options
    I enjoyed those fights as well. I hope the LS path has some nostalgia combats instead of the generic hordes we've seen so far.
  • Options
    The DS Z2 fleet CM tuning must be a mistake, right? Because the Mixed and LS Z3 fleet CMs are pretty easy with the meta fleets.
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Watching my r8 and r7 Gas and JMK hit for 5k was so amazing! Really makes me want to push them to r9!

Did you win the battle?