Some advice please - Grievous team

SiriusSil
12 posts Member
edited January 2023
Hello.

I have a relic Grievous droid team apart from Droideka, I have gear 12 Droideka which has the zeta (to make getting GAS easier.)
Before I relic Droideka I wanted to check something.
My understanding is that using Nute Gunray is better in the team than Droideka. I have a 7 star Gunray but he needs gearing up.
My question here is; does the benefit of having Gunray in the team outway the gear I've already committed to Droideka?

Thanks

Replies

• crzydroid
    7308 posts Moderator
    Options
    One of the things Gunray does on that team is die to prompt a bonus turn from Grievous right away (and he then revives). So having a ton of gear is not necessarily an immediate concern.
  • Options
    Ahh I see, thanks. So is Grievous getting the quick bonus turn usually more valuable than Droideka assisting on attacks?
  • Options
    SiriusSil wrote: »
    Ahh I see, thanks. So is Grievous getting the quick bonus turn usually more valuable than Droideka assisting on attacks?
    I don’t remember when I last used Droideka with GG in any PvP game mode.

Nute is much more beneficial.
  • Options
    Cool, thanks guys
  • Options
    Yep, plus if Nute can get extortion off, it just helps a bit more with fights
  • Dwinkelm
    768 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    It depends on how many squads you have and how many you need to accomplish your GAC goals.

Nute or BB8 can make a GG team much stronger than one with DDK. However, Nute can also make a very strong second team with other separatists.

I like to use a team of Nute, Dooku, Jango, Bariss Offee, and Sith Empire Trooper. This Frankenstein team of otherwise unused toons gets me more holds on defense than any variation of any GG team would… likely because it isn’t a team others have seen before, and it gets underestimated. It is stronger against both Geos and Mon Mothma (well-known counters to Nute lead) than your standard Nute teams.

So I tend to use the prototypical GG team with DDK and a separate Nute-led team with some strong leftover toons. For where I am in the game, having two B- teams outweighs having one B+ team. That’s a decision you’ll have to make for yourself though. Hope this helps.

Edit: to clarify, adding BB8 to GG makes for an offensive team to counter standard Star Killer, and adding Nute makes for an offensive team to counter CLS, JML, and SEE.