Mace Windu op attack

In the Int Gear Challenge today on the tier one challenge I had Chewie and the Royal Guard as my tank team (guest account, only level 32). I breezed through the first two rounds but then against Mace in the final round I was doing ok but then out of nowhere on one of his normal attacks he smashed Chewie for 91000+ damage. Needless to say that one shotted a level 30 Chewie. Mace's next couple of attacks hit for 200 but then 91000+ again to kill of the Royal Guard. I can't remember any of the bosses being able to pull a ridiculous attack that would one shot a level 60, 7* star character before? Or did I just overlook that? The only buffs on my characters were to decrease my damage, the second time no buffs at all

Replies

• thephantomewok
    177 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    No offense but I'm doubting that's how it went down. Mace hit your chewie with an attack that debuffed you and then he hit chewie with an 80k shot. Before he gets a second shot you should use royal guard and do defense up, and he wont one hit your guy.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Options
    That's exactly how it happens when you take too long to take him out on the challenge.
  • Options
    murton09 wrote: »
    That's exactly how it happens when you take too long to take him out on the challenge.

I'm pretty sure it only happens when you get debuffed by windu, which means you know that the 90k shot is coming.
    Nothing more pathetic than paying to win.
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    he applies a debuff first, if he hits a debuffed character he will 1 hit kill anything and then attack again. The challenge mentions out smarting him, you failed.
  • Options
    Clearly you don't seem to be paying attention to one of the key aspects of the INT Gear Challenge. Yes, you need to kill Mace Windu, but you also need to occasionally hit the droids at his sides so that they don't have a turn to empower him. I recommend using Jedi Guardian or Boba Fett's aoe skill every 3 turns to instantly drop both droids back to 0% turn meter. This will prevent Mace from getting his Shatterpoint skill off as frequently.
  • Options
    Ah, my bad, usually I finish that challenge before he can debuff so I never saw it happen, even at lower levels but on this account I didn't have the firepower to do that.

Lesson learned, read the instructions
  • Options
    I just kill Mace before he gets a turn in that challenge, solves the problem. On the occasion he does hit me it is not overly hard. The Opress attack in challenge is OP, takes you to zero health from full health no matter, but easy to beat, kill droids first, save heal, and pund him to the ground.
  • Options
    Nerf it. Nerf hidden ability mats too. And nerf retreat option under the one button available!
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    @Pilot While you are at it nerf the timers too please. They are so overpowered :P
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Clearly you don't seem to be paying attention to one of the key aspects of the INT Gear Challenge. Yes, you need to kill Mace Windu, but you also need to occasionally hit the droids at his sides so that they don't have a turn to empower him. I recommend using Jedi Guardian or Boba Fett's aoe skill every 3 turns to instantly drop both droids back to 0% turn meter. This will prevent Mace from getting his Shatterpoint skill off as frequently.

Thanks dude.. That helped. I read the instructions but kept hitting only one droid not realizing that they were the ones empowering Mace
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.