What SWGOH moment broke you?

Prev1
I think we all have that one specific moment with this game that just broke us!

Regardless of whether you came back or not, I obviously did.

Mine happened after I finally unlocked General Anakin Skywalker, took forever and it cost me everything. Had nothing left over to immediately do anything with him, and then the requirements for the first GL came and it broke me!

Curious to hear everyone else’s.

Replies

• Options
    July 2021 nerfs. I actually told my GL to start looking for a replacement. Obviously, I didn't walk away.

Datacron release. I took a full month of GAC off. Decided I'd only come back if I missed things. I joined my guild stream crew for the last week of that GAC season and decided they were fun enough for me to come back despite my hatred of DCs.
  • Options
    Initial haat release. Normal mode of it was so useless and heroic was so far beyond for many guilds that I've put down the for 7 months when I was a guild leader. Upon my return nothing felt that radical and out of place since then. Maybe the returning was making peace with any ridiciliousness that can come our way.
  • Options
    Datacrons, all my spending stopped when they arrived.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Gonna go ahead and say anyone posting in the forums isn't "broken" yet.
  • TVF
    36686 posts Member
    Options
    On the contrary, only broken people post here :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Lol, if SWGOH broke me, I wouldn't create an account years later to post on a forum about it :D
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fleets are broken @Ultra
    a meme only some people of this community will understand
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Fleets are broken @Ultra

Ur fase is broken

Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Options
    IhateMalevolencewithoutcooldownsIhateMalevolencewithoutcooldownsIhateMalevolencewithoutcooldowns.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    IhateMalevolencewithoutcooldownsIhateMalevolencewithoutcooldownsIhateMalevolencewithoutcooldowns.

You said it three times - are you trying to summon it? Malevolencewithoutcooldowns can't hurt you until it comes back. :wink:
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    fyw2h0es39mx.jpg
    Hello there.
  • Options
    The Great Nerfs which lead to the HORRIBLE changes to Conquest because CG realized that it wasn't "Endgame" enough.

Don't spend, don't "engage" because of how the Company took my invested resources and changed the value of them..

Nothing is owed so nothing is given..
  • Options
    This skill squish bug is about to break me. Still clinging on to k1 but the minute I drop to k2 because of it I'll consider myself broken. Won't be long now.
  • TVF
    36686 posts Member
    Options
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    The Great Nerfs which lead to the HORRIBLE changes to Conquest because CG realized that it wasn't "Endgame" enough.

Don't spend, don't "engage" because of how the Company took my invested resources and changed the value of them..

What nerfs are you talking about?

Assuming the changes to toons like Wat, JKL, and GAS, what does that have to do with Conquest?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    803 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    Fleets are broken @Ultra

Ultra mentions fleet! Red Five confirmed!
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Assuming the changes to toons like Wat, JKL, and GAS, what does that have to do with Conquest?

I was referring to the timing of the Great Nerfs and which honestly angered me and felt the Company was being led by incompetent people then Conquest came out and the goodwill I had towards the company began to grow until Conquest 7 when it dropped completely into a no trust situation.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, then I am out.. Shame on me..
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I was referring to the timing of the Great Nerfs and which honestly angered me and felt the Company was being led by incompetent people then Conquest came out and the goodwill I had towards the company began to grow until Conquest 7 when it dropped completely into a no trust situation.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, then I am out.. Shame on me..

Yeah the great nerf was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve ever seen. Sometimes my relic 8 offense modded GAS can only hit for 10k. I’ve seen rose tico hit harder than GAS.
  • Options
    There was a week last April when there was a GAC, a Conquest, and maybe a TB or TW all running simultaneously, and I was trying to keep up with all of it while checking guides and swapping mods. Looked up and realized I was spending 3+ hours daily in game. I walked away cold Turkey, and just came back about a week ago. It’s still just as packed, but I’ve missed enough that I will never catch up and have everything unlocked, which is actually pretty liberating. With the nine month hiatus I don’t have any inquisitors or Aphra toons or Jabba’s gang, so I literally cannot Redbox this conquest, and it’s awesome. Now I can just have fun and be satisfied with what I can accomplish! It’s nice having fun with the game again…
  • Options
    Suspicious combined with The Odds cannot be considered balanced. I wish whoever thought it'd be a good idea to combine them a very "pleasant" visit in the Profundity's hallway when Vader is boarding it.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    This DC set is breaking me. The fact that I can't get the "correct" L6 on my Inq DC after re-rolling so many times is absurd.
  • Options
    This DC set is breaking me. The fact that I can't get the "correct" L6 on my Inq DC after re-rolling so many times is absurd.

Man, we both have skewed odds. The chance for a character with Suspicious and boosted by The Odds to bonus attack 5 times is, if I am correct, 0.39%. However, I have encountered this 5. HECKING. TIMES.

Either the game hates us both, or the game is purposefully skewing the odds on us.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    It has long been suspected that "the odds" generates too many assists, iirc.
  • Options
    Conquest is therefore unbeatable.
    Hello there.
  • Options
    This Tie Defender thing may be the final straw my camel can carry.

They knew within 24 hours of the event/ship dropping there was a problem. They've since threatened a change of some type but note it as "we're investigating." The players having no idea what that change is AND having no indication the event will be extended or redone, have no choice but to pump crystals into the ship IN CASE they don't nerf it into the ground (the alternative is to sit the event out and suffer if they don't nerf it).

In what world is that fair treatment of your players to WILLFULLY let them spend 3000-5000 crystals knowing full well that you intend to devalue that investment??

They should have stopped the event immediately upon making that post.
    Made whatever changes they were going to make to the ship.
    Restart the event for a full 7 days and let people decide if they want to invest with ALL of the information.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options
    You do know this is the longest chase we ever had (7 days) with twice the drop rate we've ever had in the past (4% vs 2%)
  • MrRandyWatson
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    You do know this is the longest chase we ever had (7 days) with twice the drop rate we've ever had in the past (4% vs 2%)

What does that have to do with anything?

I would prefer to spend the 3000+ crystals elsewhere if this ship is going to end up like the Star Fortress (ill wait and grind it out slowly) but I absolutely don't want to save the crystals if it is what it appears to be right now. Surely you can see the difference and how that will impact my behavior.

EDIT - are you suggesting I can get this ship without using crystals simply because the rates are increased and I have 7 days?
  • Starslayer
    2421 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options
    I would prefer to spend the 3000+ crystals elsewhere ?

So you don’t refresh fleet energy without galactic chase ? You should consider it, the value is awesome.

Edit: your point still stands about ‘not knowing what you invest in’. But considering the value of the fleet energy you’re buying, the Defender’s cost is far less than 3000 crystals.
  • Ultra
    11551 posts Moderator
    Options

I mean its one of the cheapest and easiest ship to get shards of at release vs other chases / marquees

uw4qpxwwx12e.png

50 crystals needed over 7 days for 4* unlock (marquees are 0 crystals for 2* unlocks)

With 700 crystals you can get half the total shards needed to 7* this unit as far as investment goes, its the cheapest ship to purchase and they were VERY quick in letting us know about it getting changed, they didn't wait days to let people know, i believe it was the same day or within 24 hours
  • Options
    One moment that almost broke me was tier 5 of RJT Journey event
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • MrRandyWatson
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Options

I mean its one of the cheapest and easiest ship to get shards of at release vs other chases / marquees

uw4qpxwwx12e.png

50 crystals needed over 7 days for 4* unlock (marquees are 0 crystals for 2* unlocks)

With 700 crystals you can get half the total shards needed to 7* this unit as far as investment goes, its the cheapest ship to purchase and they were VERY quick in letting us know about it getting changed, they didn't wait days to let people know, i believe it was the same day or within 24 hours

The 1500+ crystals spent (4 days X 450 in refreshes) could mean the difference between a G11 Starkiller or R5 Starkiller on the day of GAC roster lock. Is a nerfed into the ground B tier ship more valuable than that? Ill never know because I didn't buy the Kyros I need for SK - I refreshed the fleet energy specifically for this ship.