I've been logged into someone elses account.

PixelPenguin448
8 posts Member
edited February 2023
I had just installed BlueStacks and was ready to play SWGoH on my PC and it auto signs me into another players account (OniKx is the account name, I've reached out to them and their guild already). How is this issue still around? This issue is worrying, there is nothing stopping anyone from trolling someone elses account (spending their crystals, wasting gear, etc). C'mon CG...

Replies

• Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

It’s an unsupported emulator and you should avoid it
  • PixelPenguin448
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Oh, I wasn't aware of it being an issue with BlueStacks. Is there an emulator that is more supported for SWGoH? The game just looks and feels so much better at 60FPS+
  • PixelPenguin448
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Options
    BasherBeau wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    it’s a bluestacks issue

How does OniKx avoid their account being taken over by a random Bluestacks user?

That is a very valid point and not just for that player, what can anyone of us do to proect our accounts that have had, not only money but also years of time spent on them?
  • Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

I doubt that. Never had this issue with Bluestacks. However i was logged few times to unknown account (one was few milions GP) using Nox.
    Where i can find a list of supported and unsupported emulators?
  • Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

It's an issue with GoH's bad habit of generating a new player ID based on a device ID without checking if this player ID already exists.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    Bartek wrote: »
    it’s a bluestacks issue

I doubt that. Never had this issue with Bluestacks. However i was logged few times to unknown account (one was few milions GP) using Nox.

It's not really specific to Bluestacks, but it is specific to Emulators and how they generate device ID's.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    it’s a bluestacks issue

It's not really specific to Bluestacks, but it is specific to Emulators and how they generate device ID's.

My conclusion as well. But that's not what moderator says :|
  • Ultra
    11575 posts Moderator
    Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

Starson is more knowledgeable on the matter than i am
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

monkeysideye.gif
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options
    A guildie of mine encountered the problem. We assume it is the bluestacks bug because we know about the bug and it very much seems like it. Someone logged into his account and still does so. He always leaves the guild and changes his name. My guildie also still has access to the account and it's always the same. My guildmate joins the guild and changes his name again, the other person leaves it and changes the name again.
    My guildie already changed all his PWs, reached out to Google and they ended all running sessions (or so they said), he reached out to EA and also posted in the HQ.
    EA support only told him that they could help him reset his password and that it is a problem from his e-mail Provider, which is just absolute ****.

This goes on for a week now. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas what else he can try?
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead or @CG_SBCrumb or @Ultra is there something you could do or help him get in contact with someone who might be able to help? Any help is very much appreciated! 🌹
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

This is absolute nonsense. A Bluestack emulator wont log you in to another persons account. This is lazy bug avoidance. So when i have played via bluestacks, bought via bluestacks etc should i not have bothered. Yes i get the game isnt designed to play through an emulator such as bluestacks but dont give a bog standard avoid message, you would lose a lot of players. The devs should consider such a playing base.

• Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    A guildie of mine encountered the problem. We assume it is the bluestacks bug because we know about the bug and it very much seems like it. Someone logged into his account and still does so. He always leaves the guild and changes his name. My guildie also still has access to the account and it's always the same. My guildmate joins the guild and changes his name again, the other person leaves it and changes the name again.
    My guildie already changed all his PWs, reached out to Google and they ended all running sessions (or so they said), he reached out to EA and also posted in the HQ.
    EA support only told him that they could help him reset his password and that it is a problem from his e-mail Provider, which is just absolute ****.

This goes on for a week now. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas what else he can try?
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead or @CG_SBCrumb or @Ultra is there something you could do or help him get in contact with someone who might be able to help? Any help is very much appreciated! 🌹

This is an argument from years ago, they allow the game on many platforms, which need an emulator, but deny that they are responsible for security for such.
  • Options
    it’s a bluestacks issue

monkeysideye.gif

Unfortunately there are none. Dont bother with ingame support as its an outsourced Indian based call centre that will give nothing in response. HQ Answers etc are still so poor and i think even this week we have seen EA cancel games with nothing in response to players. EA dont care, CG are EA so dont think its a different company, just a different logo :) but dont hold your breath.

• scuba
    14148 posts Member
    Options
    Login with your Google account, and you should see the guest account
    If you are using the emulator to link iOS to Android make sure you get the screen like it is starting a brand new game when not logged in with google before linking
    After linking make sure to bind it to Google.
    Also recommend finding an emulator with android 8 or higher (not sure which ones have that)
    With android 8.0 apps can no longer use the device android id as a uuid they now have to use ssaid, basically every app installed will have to create a uuid if they want one.
  • scuba
    14148 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Options

EA support would need to remove all account links except for the one that the player wants. No idea if they will do that or not.
    With the facebook linking option a game account can be linked to tons of guest id (android/apple device id) or Google play, apple accounts. Adding a link doesn't remove a previous link.
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

EA support would need to remove all account links except for the one that the player wants. No idea if they will do that or not.
    With the facebook linking option a game account can be linked to tons of guest id (android/apple device id) or Google play, apple accounts. Adding a link doesn't remove a previous link.

Thank you!
    I will let him know, there is no link from his side to Facebook, only the playstore.
    We are all made of star-stuff