It’s time to touch up Conquest

Prev1
Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
Conquest just isn’t fun. It’s a necessary evil/chore at this point because of the units you unlock. The grind is just too much and repetitive. CG, you guys need to make some changes to conquest to put some kind of fun back into it. I have zero urge to play this game mode and dread having to do the same thing 3 times over 6 weeks total over and over and over and over….

The devs need to get creative with feats and not just the same old “do this thing 50 times that only one unit can do”. You mean to tell me you guys can’t cut specific buffs or debuffs by half when only one character can do things?

Actually make more variations of teams we can fight against. We keep seeing the same teams over and over. There’s tons of teams we could face. We don’t need to see inquisitors 3 times in a row or Padme 4 times in a row.

Lighten up the nonsensical overprepared buffs on teams that allow enemies to get 3 turns before a GL even has a chance to go.

Make the data disk caches unable to have the same ones in the same group. It’s so fun to see potency calibration in all of my choices in a single cache….decisions decisions….

Conquest currency for high end gear and relic Mats need to have their costs cut. Shards for characers are incredibly high and that’s fine. But that leaves us almost nothing for gear or relic materials. Not like the rewards give us near enough in the crates….speaking of

Can you guys stop being cheap with the end of event rewards. For two weeks work with the insufferable grind there’s no reason we get so little gear and relic materials in the crates.

Come on CG, it’s little things like this that are slam dunk wins for you and are great for your players.

Replies

• Blake085
    190 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy doing Conquest, but I agree with everything you said, it definitely needs some improvements, especially on the end of event rewards.
  • Options
    When did they add stuff like OP-2 to the "boss" nodes, I noticed that last time around but didn't those used to be w/o special add ons.

I'm also noticing that I don't see much in the way of "easier" teams to farm achievements on at all anymore.

No Tuskens or Jawas or junk Rebels.
    I feel like BH or Sep is about as easy as it gets now & those will have OP-2 loaded on them.

One big suggestion I have would be to change the timing of Conquest & GAC to not overlap.

Conquest is currently 14 on 14 off.
    While GAC is 21 On, 7 Off.

I'd like to see them moved to a 21/14 pattern so that you only have 1 or the other on at the same time.
    When you get them both combined w/ a TB/TW or some raids or any day but Thursday when there is no Challenge going on it starts to really suck up a lot of time in the day.

• Options
    The boss node feats where X must survive and no supports when X is a support are just annoying.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed with all of this, and I generally enjoy Conquest for the most part, because at least it gives me something to do with my roster.. but it was WAY more fun in the first few cycles.

Also!!! Bring back the ability to buy mats (not the conquest unlock characters, just all other mats on merchant nodes) with crystals!!! At the SAME price it was in the first few seasons!!! Was hands down the best way to get gold g12 pieces as the crystal price was better than anywhere else in the game. It actually made doing Conquest feel... I don't know... rewarding??

Your point on the reward chests - yeah it really bothers me that as you go to higher crates they actually decrease the level of the rewards from previous chests. Like...what?? Make it make sense?? It should only add more rewards stacking as you go up, not take away previous rewards. This is just..incredibly dumb as it's currently structured

And really, the "swap data disks" for free perk should be bundled in the $10 pass, not the $30 one. Give the $30 one some disks like Deployable Cooling Systems and the OG Deadly Catalyst or something else really broken to make people whale on it. Being able to swap disks around and play with your roster more, would make it a lot more enjoyable. And I bet they'll make a lot more money in the long run, if they actually make Conquest FUN again.
  • Options
    First run of the conquest was the best starting with purple disks and actually having fun lol but nope cant have that
  • Options
    The first 6 conquests were the best, where players with decent rosters and creative thinking could earn red crate with 0 refreshes.

Whilst the modern iterations of conquest do still have an element of rewarding roster depth and creative thinking, their principal requirement is a player’s ability to sink time into the game mode. That’s it. You can have a superb roster and great theory-crafting but you will not earn red crate unless you are prepared to rinse and repeat for 7-10 days to grind all the feats.

The devs could not have made clearer their desire for us to sit glued to conquest when they patched the Scariff Rebel Pathfinder mechanic on sector 3 mini boss. The concept of players picking off 50 Master’s Training in 1-2 battles was abhorrent to them, so they patched it. It’s still doable in 6-7 battles with a Nightsister cheese team, but any creative ways of completing a grind quickly tend to be shut down.

Conquest used to be fun. Now it’s a chore.
  • Options
    Agree with all of the above. For me the biggest change i’d like to see is a bigger variety of teams. I feel like having wider variety in opponents would reduce the grindy feel of this mode, instead of the same squads battle after battle, sector after sector. Change the leaders around too for variety. An ewok team under Teebo lead, for example, would at least be a slightly different fight.

Another thing I’d love to see, but won’t happen, would be ships nodes. I imagine there’s too many issues around stamina etc that would make it unworkable.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    The concept of players picking off 50 Master’s Training in 1-2 battles was abhorrent to them, so they patched it. It’s still doable in 6-7 battles with a Nightsister cheese team, but any creative ways of completing a grind quickly tend to be shut down.

You can still do it in 2-3 battles on that same node though. Definitely don't need as many as 7. Just needs a different team than with the previous cheese. But yeah, I agree with you on everything else.

• Starslayer
    2420 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I don’t have a problem with feats that can be done while doing conquest, like 40 fights with separatists/siths. If you have a broad roster, you can just do this during your regular run and it gives a theme to the conquest cycle.
    However, feats that force you to farm nodes, like ‘fracture 50 times’ because you can’t do this feat while you do other sector feats during your run are awful. It’s just a time tax that makes you farm the dc node on auto. Yeepee.
    I would take longer sectors or more feats on miniboss/boss nodes anyday instead.
  • Joebo720
    648 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    My biggest gripe is the use this faction 40 times feats. 40 times is too much. Should be 20-25 at most.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Starslayer wrote: »
    I don’t have a problem with feats that can be done while doing conquest, like 40 fights with separatists/siths. If you have a broad roster, you can just do this during your regular run and it gives a theme to the conquest cycle.
    However, feats that force you to farm nodes, like ‘fracture 50 times’ because you can’t do this feat while you do other sector feats during your run are awful. It’s just a time tax that makes you farm the dc node on auto. Yeepee.
    I would take longer sectors or more feats on miniboss/boss nodes anyday instead.

There is no way to get 40 sith + 40 sep wins while still trying to tick of the sector feats, there will be grinding at the end. then add 20 droid battles to that. Just those globals are 100 of 110 battles, then you have the other stuff. Whoever designed this clearly didn't do it with other peoples enjoyment in mind

Edit: 40+40+20 =/= 120
  • LordDirt
    5058 posts Member
    Options
    Profit wrote: »

There is no way to get 40 sith + 40 sep wins while still trying to tick of the sector feats, there will be grinding at the end. then add 20 droid battles to that. Just those globals are 100 of 110 battles, then you have the other stuff. Whoever designed this clearly didn't do it with other peoples enjoyment in mind

I combined the no leader with both droid feats. Put one of the droids as the leader, added the other three and used LV as the fifth. I also did the same with the no leader and Sith and Sep. You can combine feats so that they are not as bad.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

I combined the no leader with both droid feats. Put one of the droids as the leader, added the other three and used LV as the fifth. I also did the same with the no leader and Sith and Sep. You can combine feats so that they are not as bad.

Ya thats why I didn't put the no-leader and the other 20 droids up there. There is no way to combined around the 40, 40, 20 battles. Thats 100 of 110 battles that will do very little for the sector feats
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    I would also like things to be fun, have less time spent in tedious feat-chasing, and have the devs put more time into keeping things engaging for the right reasons (variety, theme, enemy teams and bosses with 'puzzles' instead of just sky-high stats)...

CG: Does that earn us any more money?

en-vogue-my-lovin.gif
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Actually, I think it could, especially if they add crystal purchases back to the merchant nodes.

In the red first few seasons, I bought at least $20 of crystals per cycle, just for buying g12 pieces. Now.. I sometimes, but not always, get the $10 pass, mainly for the omicron mat if nothing else. And that’s it.

With g12 now being one of the big bottlenecks for all but very end game players (including myself), I could easily myself justifying buying those crystals again, for every conquest. Add in free energy swapping to the $10 pass and if it would be a cool $30 every time, no question.

As of stands, they get maybe $10 out of me, if that. I definitely don’t spend money on crystals for conquest, just use what I get in my daily/gac crystal income. And I’d wager there’s a sizable contingent of players out there like me, who would play conquest mainly for accelerating their relic farm, and be willing to drop some coin to make it happen. Especially if they actually made conquest FUN again.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
    @CG_SBCrumb
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    The grind will continue until conqest pass sales improve.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, pass sales would increase if conquest were less grindy and more fun/rewarding to play.
    Nauros wrote: »
    The grind will continue until conqest pass sales improve.

• Options

Ya thats why I didn't put the no-leader and the other 20 droids up there. There is no way to combined around the 40, 40, 20 battles. Thats 100 of 110 battles that will do very little for the sector feats
    I managed to combine No attackers, No support and also Health steal with the 40 Sith wins - as well as 20 no leader.

But you are correct in general that the grindiness of conquest depends on how often the devs have constructed compatible global / sector feats vs how often the construct mutually exclusive global / sector feats.
  • Options
    One big suggestion I have would be to change the timing of Conquest & GAC to not overlap.

Conquest is currently 14 on 14 off.
    While GAC is 21 On, 7 Off.

I'd like to see them moved to a 21/14 pattern so that you only have 1 or the other on at the same time.
    When you get them both combined w/ a TB/TW or some raids or any day but Thursday when there is no Challenge going on it starts to really suck up a lot of time in the day.

Not that I worry about CG doing anything we suggest in this thread, but I would very much NOT like GAC to be less frequent. I do agree that there are days with way too much to do in this game, but that's because the stuff to do is boring. I personally love GAC and rarely see it as a chore, even during 3v3. But TB (already, the new one) and Conquest and HSR (RIP soon, I hope) are just mindless chores that drive me crazy.

They already reduced GAC to 21/7 from 28/7 because they wanted Conquest on a 4 week cycle and DCs tied to Conquest and GAC tied to DCs. I'd prefer it if they just cut the Conquest energy cost in half, double the stamina refresh rate, and condense Conquest into a 1 week grind while GAC is on pause (make sure no TB that week as well).

But what I'd really like them to do is make Conquest fun and engaging while toning down the time sink a bit.
  • EdSolo
    415 posts Member
    Options
    What I'm finding is the first conquest of the three in a cycle is the learning one. You figure out what works and what doesn't. I have found knocking out the feats like 20 wins with R2/C3PO as soon as possible is the way to go. That allows you access to the purple disk feats sooner.

Last conquest I had to use a few 100 crystal refreshes to stay on track due to the learning curve on certain battles. This conquest, I'm at 30 regular refreshes total and I'm down to 9 sep and 10 sith battles to get the red crate. Essentially I can coast and not use any more crystals. I've had horrible luck getting any datacrons the past several conquests so I'm not bothering with trying this one.

I find mapping out conquest in excel to be very helpful. Essentially you want 3 battles a day for the win 40 battles with x faction. Like others have said, the droid feats can be combined with no leader feats or other feats like non sep droid kills. With a couple of ZA disks, R2 does a good deal of damage, like using Dash Rendar for the Smuggler kills.

Yes, the "fix" to the RO miniboss ****. I ran a team that used both Hoda and ChewPO so I was getting blinds, non sep droid kills, and MT all at the same time while timing out a battle not to lose stamina on my team. Yes the NS team works, but this time I finally had to put that second zeta on Hoda to be able to use it. Worth it in my opinion since they seem to like this feat.

Overall, conquest is a chore as others have noted. I think the change from 15 to 20 energy per battle with no changes to energy regen or stamina regen made things a lot worse. Essentially, after you have learned the cycle for conquest one of three, the other two become more a 10 day commitment as opposed to 14 days if you use 3 refreshes a day. The most positive note that I can give is that I have gotten the rhythm down so that this will be either the third or fourth series in a row where I unlock the new character in three conquests. As for timing, with the new TB I prefer the cadence that TB runs the first week of conquest, and GAC runs the second. New TB can essentially be fill platoons and deploy and forgot about the CMs. Much less time consuming. If they got rid of 3v3 GAC, I would be quite happy.
  • Profit
    282 posts Member
    Options

I managed to combine No attackers, No support and also Health steal with the 40 Sith wins - as well as 20 no leader.

But you are correct in general that the grindiness of conquest depends on how often the devs have constructed compatible global / sector feats vs how often the construct mutually exclusive global / sector feats.

Ya there are a few shortcuts around. My point was more that the 40/20 xx battles are designed to be a neusance and not something that get sort of ticked as you progress. The shortcuts seem more like oversights on CGs end to be honest.
  • zatchy
    132 posts Member
    Options
    All I ask is for a sim button on the datacron node. Like why do I need to waste time after I finish feats fighting the same battle 100 times. Just give me a dumb sim so I can burn energy and not find this game to be an even bigger chore.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

The broad factions are fine because you can play around with your roster and teams and theory craft. Same with sith. That’s totally fine.

The Ewoks one is ridiculous. The grand masters training, fracture and to a lesser extent torture are overly tedious as well.

It’s beyond lazy that overprepared is their answer to make things a “challenge” on top of the sector bonuses these characters get, while ghosting us on the stats of the enemy so we literally have no idea how many turns the entire team will get before our GL’s get their first turn.
  • Options

They already reduced GAC to 21/7 from 28/7 because they wanted Conquest on a 4 week cycle and DCs tied to Conquest and GAC tied to DCs. I'd prefer it if they just cut the Conquest energy cost in half, double the stamina refresh rate, and condense Conquest into a 1 week grind while GAC is on pause (make sure no TB that week as well).

But what I'd really like them to do is make Conquest fun and engaging while toning down the time sink a bit.

Meh, I'm still for NOT overlapping GAC & Conquest.
    Easy solution for DCs is to make it a 5 week cycle.
    Agreed on making Conquest fun again.
  • Options
    One simple fix for players farming datacrons would be to allowing simming in conquest. This would make conquest less painful to interact with for players who want datacrons.

You can simply allow sim with energy like other nodes. You would not use stamina but would not progress any feats, so there would be no reason to sim any node except the treasure node.

This would save myself and many other large accounts hours of auto battles a day, and probably encourage more crystal refresh purchases.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

The broad factions are fine because you can play around with your roster and teams and theory craft. Same with sith. That’s totally fine.

The Ewoks one is ridiculous. The grand masters training, fracture and to a lesser extent torture are overly tedious as well.

You can do GMT and Fracture in a few battle each with some thought/research.

Torture and Ewoks are easily skipped.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    801 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Yup, I pulled 13 MT in one battle, and 27-29 fractures in another one.
  • Options
    The boss node feats where X must survive and no supports when X is a support are just annoying.

Exactly - and if you use those toons that "need to survive" the CPU targets them so hard its a joke.

I always do the hard node, but never get anymore than 100 points, can't be ar(ed with the grind and the pay out you get - ships shards for a ship I'll never chase after - boring.

I'd like to see a feature where perhaps for like say 50 crystals - you pick the shard payout on a small select choice of toons. If your prompted to use cry, then perhaps people would be more into knowing they are slightly tailoring their payout.

Like right now - Admril trench - for me means nothing, but if I was able to pay 50 cry and say battle for Ben Solo or Bounty Hunter Leia shards - I'd be interested. Again, not a pick and mix massive selection, just a small selection choice would interest me.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    Yup, I pulled 13 MT in one battle, and 27-29 fractures in another one.

I got 25 MT in one battle on the DC node against NS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5058 posts Member
    Options
    I just skip MT ;)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?