Poggle Omicron Stealth Nerf

Prev13
x2i7uv815ymi.png
6f2vwwukju0e.png

This just changed now with the update.

Refund? No word? Cmon guys!

Replies

• Options
    I think CG has shown that any omi that enables a team to beat GLs should only be applied if you are willing for it to later be disabled vs/with GL squads.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    Except, they haven't done that with Starkiller.

They haven't done it with Juhani.

They haven't done it with Malgus.

They haven't done it with Talon.

Any others I'm missing?

And they refunded Traya.

We should, however, always be prepared for CG to be completely capricious in every aspect of their interaction with the community, so, while it's always disappointing, it's never unexpected.
    I think CG has shown that any omi that enables a team to beat GLs should only be applied if you are willing for it to later be disabled vs/with GL squads.

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    x2i7uv815ymi.png
    6f2vwwukju0e.png

Why are you complaining about a lack of refund on an Omicron you don't even have?
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Why are you complaining about a lack of refund on an Omicron you don't even have?

We just called for it and waited for the update notes if they included anything like a better Omicron coming out. I don't have it right now because my Trench got 3 for testing purposes
  • Options
    I have the omi. I put it on for TW. Now it won’t get used. I want my refund.
  • Options
    I think it's a good change, tbh. Everyone runs a wall of Geos in TW. It's unrealistic to expect them to counter GLs. And if someone is willing to run a GL against Geos then it has served its purpose, no?
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty much common sense that CG isn't going to allow an old team like GEOs to beat on Galactic legends just by adding a single omicron....

Should they test their stuff more?... Sure, but players should know better by now...
  • Options
    MAW / CAW want their refunds hehehe
  • Nihl
    11 posts Member
    Options
    I dont think one omicron should be enough to counter a gl. A team or character with three or more total would make sense
  • sigsig
    236 posts Member
    Options
    I think the only reason they refunded traya is because they took so long to send out a message about it. Poggle they had a message out within a day or so.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1085 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Also, oGeos can still be countered by sith even in TW, if you have oSidious as the fifth that is. No need to use a GL
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options
    sigsig wrote: »
    I think the only reason they refunded traya is because they took so long to send out a message about it. Poggle they had a message out within a day or so.

Yes, they very quickly announced that they'd investigate hos performance and in the hotfix post stated:

"There will be a Hotfix this morning to address Poggle the Lesser being a mysterious being up to no good."

1) zero details
    2) were ppl not right to assume that he was 'fixed' now?

I mean, thanks to the upper garbage communication that we're used to from CG, my guild was still holding off on calling for a guild wide omi and gear-up on geos but we were **** close (we're top end competetive TW) to it since the other guilds were alrdy building up their full 50 oGeo squads.

It's mind boggling how you can be SO horrible at communication. But maybe (tinfoil hat intensifies) it was intentionally vague to squeeze out a few omis from the impatient?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    the point should stay on the fact that CG again moved the goal posts without telling anyone or refunding the omi's and letting people re-decide if they want to reapply them period. As normal CG silent and lurking
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    sigsig wrote: »

Yes, they very quickly announced that they'd investigate hos performance and in the hotfix post stated:

"There will be a Hotfix this morning to address Poggle the Lesser being a mysterious being up to no good."

1) zero details
    2) were ppl not right to assume that he was 'fixed' now?

I mean, thanks to the upper garbage communication that we're used to from CG, my guild was still holding off on calling for a guild wide omi and gear-up on geos but we were **** close (we're top end competetive TW) to it since the other guilds were alrdy building up their full 50 oGeo squads.

It's mind boggling how you can be SO horrible at communication. But maybe (tinfoil hat intensifies) it was intentionally vague to squeeze out a few omis from the impatient?

Exactly. We just called for it after testing Trench. Only to roll it back 15 min later when one of our members noticed that the ingame description changed. Luckily just 6 applied now, but we need to re-evaluate now if it REALLY is worth it still.
    Killing Rey was a big selling point for us.

And yes, we assumed it was fixed at this point.

And the question if an Omicron should really not allow non-GL teams to punch up to killing GLs is not that easy to answer. One more GL and we can place 8 GL defenses. And with the amount of weird **** DC counters that we had in the past, that is not even that unplausible.
    Lets say we have GLs 9 & 10 in 1.5 years, would oPoggle still have any significant impact? Thats the question we need to answer now when deciding if we want to call for it or not. And by killing Rey the answer was a clear yes.
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    CG explicitly stated when omicrons were introduced, that in rare cases certain omicrons can rival GLs. So that’s not even a question. Although rare is not quantified in any way, but clearly through their actions (nerfing multiple omicrons at this point), they’ve defined it as S tier characters that are more difficult to obtain (Starkiller, Malgus, etc.). And yeah, that makes sense.

Still, doesn’t change the fact that it’s not cool to change things post facto without communication or giving the option to reallocate those resources.

I just applied, but honestly I’d reapply anyway, like I did with Traya. If that’s the only change, this is still a very powerful omicron. Faced my first one in current TW, all gold/purple Geos. Threw my r5+ Trio/Talon at it and while I won, it was a long, ugly battle and I lost Nihilus early in the process. A slightly weaker squad on my side could’ve easily lost. Punching up at that level, still very useful where my guild is at in the game. It just gives me another tool to use, and a pretty good one at that. Of course, YMMV.
  • Options
    I just don’t agree with the ‘players should know by now’ sentiment. They give us rules text, we buy the product based on that, then they change it. Either they do it intentionally, to bait and switch to cause people to spend on otherwise uses upgrades, or they are incompetent in their testing and it’s their fault for not testing the product. Any other company that releases faulty products has to reimburse those damaged by said products. CG shouldn’t get a pass regardless of intent or incompetence.
  • Options
    Ewokspy wrote: »
    I just don’t agree with the ‘players should know by now’ sentiment. They give us rules text, we buy the product based on that, then they change it. Either they do it intentionally, to bait and switch to cause people to spend on otherwise uses upgrades, or they are incompetent in their testing and it’s their fault for not testing the product. Any other company that releases faulty products has to reimburse those damaged by said products. CG shouldn’t get a pass regardless of intent or incompetence.

Somewhat fair, but at the same time, Did you invest in it with beating GL's in mind?.... Becasue that is literally the only change....
  • Options
    I think he just wanted to beat Ewoks with the omi
  • Options
    I think it's a good change, tbh. Everyone runs a wall of Geos in TW. It's unrealistic to expect them to counter GLs. And if someone is willing to run a GL against Geos then it has served its purpose, no?

2020 called, they want their TW wall back,,,,,
  • Options

Somewhat fair, but at the same time, Did you invest in it with beating GL's in mind?.... Becasue that is literally the only change....

In fact, yes. Many knew this could potentially beat gls. Without even testing it. Just reading it. Thought it was obvious it would cause some gls issues but apparently it wasn’t to CG.
  • Options

Yes a ton of guilds recommended this Omi since Poggle was rolling Rey easy
  • Options
    Buyer beware
  • Options

And none of these guilds knew that every single GL beating Omi got nerfed historically?....
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Options

And none of these guilds knew that every single GL beating Omi got nerfed historically?....

Like Wampa soloing certain SEE comps?
    Like Dash beating JML?
    Like Phasma beating several GLs?
    (just to name a few)

Ok
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Like Dash beating JML?
    (just to name a few)

Ok

Show me all of these multiple GL comps and such that these omis beat before being so flippant about it .....
  • Options
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Except, they haven't done that with Starkiller.

They haven't done it with Juhani.

They haven't done it with Malgus.

They haven't done it with Talon.

Any others I'm missing?

And they refunded Traya.

We should, however, always be prepared for CG to be completely capricious in every aspect of their interaction with the community, so, while it's always disappointing, it's never unexpected.

I didn't say they always do it. Based on your last paragraph, we appear to be in agreement.
  • Options

Like Dash beating JML?
    (just to name a few)

Ok

Shush. Don't mention Dash. He is fine. It is definitely not consistent and I don't want anyone to look at it.

Move Along, nothing to nerf here.
  • Options
    I’ve never spent a dime on the game. So I can’t really relate to a bait and switch scenario.

But it would be nice if they put enough thought into it without having to change it so quickly.

I don’t even remember how long that omi has been in-game, but not long comparative to other things
  • flux_rono
    2125 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    Options
    x2i7uv815ymi.png
    6f2vwwukju0e.png

no word like the one they put in the update notes today directly stating this change?

which at least according to the time stamps was posted before this post