Thank you CG & Meathead for addressing our concerns so quickly (not sarcasm)

Prev1
RE: the game economy update, I wanted to take the time to say this since I was not expecting it to be addressed and so quickly, but thank you for listening to our concerns about the rewards and making changes so that we aren't stuck farming HSTR for months. The new raid is cool as hell, and we want to be playing it, so thanks for giving us an incentive to do so. Same goes for adding the mk 4 bacta gel and mk 8 implants to Mk 1 currency and the toon shards to that as well.

Also for pushing out those changes in only a couple days. The May 4th celebration was such a huge disappointment for myself and many others, but taking such speedy efforts to address these issues, and fixing them, is greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to building up Jabba & co now to womp on Krayt.

Replies

• wilhud
    47 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you. Much appreciated.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Now fix the Kyro problem, either add a zero to the quantity given, or remove a zero from the MK II cost.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Now fix the Kyro problem, either add a zero to the quantity given, or remove a zero from the MK II cost.

Game gives a lot of kyros as it is outside of the raid
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

SO? They took away about 60+/month that were given out by the raids w/o any replacement except the exorbitant MK II pricing.

• Options
    Thanks for rebalancing.

Looking forward to trying the dragon again.
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Hold your thanks till you see the changes.....
  • Options
    RE: the game economy update, I wanted to take the time to say this since I was not expecting it to be addressed and so quickly, but thank you for listening to our concerns about the rewards and making changes so that we aren't stuck farming HSTR for months. The new raid is cool as hell, and we want to be playing it, so thanks for giving us an incentive to do so. Same goes for adding the mk 4 bacta gel and mk 8 implants to Mk 1 currency and the toon shards to that as well.

Also for pushing out those changes in only a couple days. The May 4th celebration was such a huge disappointment for myself and many others, but taking such speedy efforts to address these issues, and fixing them, is greatly appreciated. Really looking forward to building up Jabba & co now to womp on Krayt.

Except nothing was addressed outside Kyrat raid

Get 1 loss wasn't addressed
    Get 2 loss wasn't addressed
    Shard loss wasn't addressed
    Credit loss wasn't addressed
    Mod slicing mat loss wasn't addressed
    The overall gear net loss wasn't addressed

The only thing they said, they'll adjust MK1 MK2 MK3 in Kyrat crates, but nothing was addressed in the other 3 Raids.

We're still at a severe net loss, with zero indication on correcting it.
  • LordDirt
    5054 posts Member
    Options
    Take a lot away and look like the bad guys, give a little back and look like the good guys. Unless the rewards are big then this was their plan all along.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

SO? They took away about 60+/month that were given out by the raids w/o any replacement except the exorbitant MK II pricing.

I don’t remember getting 60 per month
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    Options

Then you weren't running/participating in Challenge Pit enough. Regardless, those Kyros are gone.
  • Robre
    41 posts Member
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Except nothing was addressed outside Kyrat raid

Get 1 loss wasn't addressed
    Get 2 loss wasn't addressed
    Shard loss wasn't addressed
    Credit loss wasn't addressed
    Mod slicing mat loss wasn't addressed
    The overall gear net loss wasn't addressed

The only thing they said, they'll adjust MK1 MK2 MK3 in Kyrat crates, but nothing was addressed in the other 3 Raids.

We're still at a severe net loss, with zero indication on correcting it.

Exactly my thoughts. Not good enough.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    edited May 2023
    Options

Then you weren't running/participating in Challenge Pit enough. Regardless, those Kyros are gone.

4 runs a month

I wasn’t getting 20 kyros every week

Maybe there was no RNG in kyro drops and my account was bugged :thinking:
  • Robre
    41 posts Member
    Options

4 runs a month

Remember that you would sometimes get full pieces. Other times you got 15 or 25. I would think it's definitely less overall than 20 per week but significantly more than you can buy now.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Robre wrote: »

4 runs a month

Remember that you would sometimes get full pieces. Other times you got 15 or 25. I would think it's definitely less overall than 20 per week but significantly more than you can buy now.

yes i know i would go 5 weeks without kyro and then 25 if i’m lucky

i still can’t make a bold claim like 60 a month

And i doubt anyone here got 60 kyros or more in the last 4 pit raids that were run before the raid went down

60 Kyros is saying you get kyros 3 times in boxes out of 4 runs per month

it’s such a made up claim i can’t believe you
  • Options
    If you got kyros then it meant that you didn't get something else, I know that we always need them but it's not the only gear we need.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

4 runs a month

I tracked for 10 weeks and got a whopping 45 total kyro.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options

How many did you get a week? I got 4.5.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Robre
    41 posts Member
    Options

4 runs a month

And i doubt anyone here got 60 kyros or more in the last 4 pit raids that were run before the raid went down

I agree with you about the 60. Re-read my reply.
  • Options
    The average GET2 from CPit was enough to buy 10 per run. That's at least 45/month, not including random drops.
  • Options
    We will see how much they buff it but I suspect this is still very much what I predicted. It is what they planned all along. They nerfed us to 50% and now they will buff us to 75% and everyone will praise them.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    The average GET2 from CPit was enough to buy 10 per run. That's at least 45/month, not including random drops.

okay but that falls under the GET2 not addressed umbrella

And not everyone spends GET2 on kyros, you can just say GET2 instead of X amount of kyros were subtracted
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

4 runs a month

Don't bring data into this

We don't do facts here, or else most people wouldn't be airing out what they are saying
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    We will see how much they buff it but I suspect this is still very much what I predicted. It is what they planned all along. They nerfed us to 50% and now they will buff us to 75% and everyone will praise them.

I think there will be some amount lost then it used to be and that's fine

That's the price / trade-off you pay for agency over randomness

Instead of getting blue trash tank gear, you can now choose to get the gear you want, but instead of 40 tank raid gear you are getting 30 droid callers etc
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options

4 runs a month

Should have been 5 a month.....
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    The onus was on CG to provide the facts and justification that shows us how the new raid system compares to the old one, and they didn't. Sometime omission speaks volumes.

And ultimately, what people "feel" is more important than facts.

That being said... I definitely "feel" like the kyros are overpriced, when I am looking at them in shipments. Would love to see a price adjustment on those, as well as some other items that have been mentioned. The price right now "feels" exorbitant. Maybe the forthcoming reward structure changes will change that.
    TVF wrote: »

4 runs a month

Don't bring data into this

We don't do facts here, or else most people wouldn't be airing out what they are saying

• Options

I think there will be some amount lost then it used to be and that's fine

That's the price / trade-off you pay for agency over randomness

The quick response is good, and hopefully the changes will make playing Krayt worthwhile. This is an interesting point, though and, if I’m honest, not something I’d thought about before we knew all the details.

If the overall drop for our ability to choose isn’t that great (around 5-10%) then we could still come out net positive as a player base. IF the drop isn’t that great, and they didn’t judge that well the first time.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options

4 runs a month

Im pretty sure if you land between the 20 and 30 you get good kyro drops for some reason, I have gotten 10x better rewards down there than actually putting in effort and being top 5 in crancor.
  • Options
    I was quick to criticise CG for their silence, so I'll try and be quick in congratulating them for open communication.

Whether you like or dislike what's being said is a different point, hopefully we can reflect back and appreciate it being recognised. Communication is key, we don't always have to like the answer.

Personally I don't know if the rewards are better or not but if it results in our guild being able to enjoy the raid with better rewards I'm game, I accept that their might need to be a compromise on rewards if they feel it went to far the other way.

My only 2 points would be:
    1. Gear price on some parts seem very warped in comparison to getting the same value in other areas for a lot less.
    2. While greatful they've recognised Mk1 and guild tokens have created a gap, I can't see why these aren't just merged. Guild currency will be so sparce now and characters will be duplicated, surely it's easier just to merge?
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    goa0a686px8m.jpg

I think i got it from one cpit. Many players were getting kyros.
  • Dragoth
    27 posts Member
    Options
    The changes don't really do much. There was no mention of increased rewards, just making them slightly easier to get.

The fact remains is that every single person, no matter what stage of the game they are at, are sooooo much worse off then they were.

High end players can only buy aeromagnifiers, and not even at the same rate. The other currencies are useless.
    Mid range can probably utilise it the most, but given the cost of the kyros....nope. I hope they never intended on getting any characters to relic 8 at any point though........
    New players can max out some characters quickly sure, pity they cant really gear them though. I hope they never intended on getting any characters to relic 8 at any point though........