Leviathan isn’t pushing the meta…

Replies

• MrRandyWatson
    265 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    My experience battling leviathan in Fleet Arena thus far. DEFEAT! Didnt even scratch the fleet. Not sure why people are complaining seems pretty OP from my experience. Used and Executor fleet against it.

Did you use the triple attacker Executor fleet and focus on their bomber? I'd be curious to know if their bomber survived the opening play with IG getting called to assist. So far, I haven't been able to come even close to beating triple executor lineups for that very reason. They hit contract before theyd call their first reinforcement too.
  • Options
    God, this piece of crap isnt even able to handle the dark side fleet battle. This is so annoying
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    God, this piece of crap isnt even able to handle the dark side fleet battle. This is so annoying

LOL possibly the funniest part of all this.
  • zatchy
    132 posts Member
    Options

Yup, can’t push PVE content let alone pvp. Huge dev failures. Huge dev misrepresentation. They should be refunding crystals…
  • Options
    Whatever CG is doing to "fix" things that are broken is making it worse. Thanks CG! Keep on releasing buggy crap that you mislabel as "meta defining"!

If you had come out and said, "there are bugs we are trying to fix, we're pushing it back two weeks" then players would be angry about it, but wouldn't be even angrier about you releasing this pile of garbage.

I appreciate the extra effort devs are doing to try to get it working, but there's a decision-maker who needs to be retrained.
  • Options
    “We’ve also seen your questions popping up asking how it will do against Executor and Profundity and we’re confident in saying Leviathan will execute… profoundly”

Never forget….
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    “We’ve also seen your questions popping up asking how it will do against Executor and Profundity and we’re confident in saying Leviathan will execute… profoundly”

Never forget….

In my experience that statement is 100% correct.
  • Options
    They either did not test or rushed the rollout knowing it had problems. Feel completely duped and see no reason to spend on this game if this is the quality of product they are rolling out. It’s completely embarrassing.
  • LordDirt
    5124 posts Member
    Options
    Can’t even win in RotE
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Whoever is the release manager at CG should be axed. How are you able to CONSTANTLY get new releases out the door with major bugs that clearly shows you did absolutely no testing? As players, we have to ask ourselves, why are we putting up with this?

As a long time player and big time spender, this type of stuff makes me want to walk. Why do I continue to support this if CG doesn't give a bleep about doing their due diligence with their releases? Lately, the game has also felt like a drag and too repetitive (looking at you conquest and krayt raid!) where it is no longer fun and feels like a chore. Characters are also being released at lightning speeds and at an overwhelming rate. Then you add this mess of a release to the pile and you've got a lot of fed up players. DO BETTER CG!
  • Options
    bchased64 wrote: »
    Whoever is the release manager at CG should be axed. How are you able to CONSTANTLY get new releases out the door with major bugs that clearly shows you did absolutely no testing? As players, we have to ask ourselves, why are we putting up with this?

As a long time player and big time spender, this type of stuff makes me want to walk. Why do I continue to support this if CG doesn't give a bleep about doing their due diligence with their releases? Lately, the game has also felt like a drag and too repetitive (looking at you conquest and krayt raid!) where it is no longer fun and feels like a chore. Characters are also being released at lightning speeds and at an overwhelming rate. Then you add this mess of a release to the pile and you've got a lot of fed up players. DO BETTER CG!

You answered your own question. Spenders have set the bar for CG to clear. They are clearing it, as evidenced by people continuing to spend.
  • bchased64
    47 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    You answered your own question. Spenders have set the bar for CG to clear. They are clearing it, as evidenced by people continuing to spend.

That's why my spending reduced drastically compared to the last couple of years. The end isn't far for me at this rate. I think a lot of players who are long time spenders are feeling that, too. I will spend on stuff I feel is worth it or is exciting, but that excitement has been diminished over the years with each horrible release. The lack of any testing effort whatsoever is evident with each release and is a huge part of the frustration. The production server is not a test server and using your player base as free QA/Testers is as low as it gets. For a billion dollar gaming company, hire some REAL QA/Testers FFS. Work out the kinks before release and if you have no idea how to play your game to figure out what works and what doesn't, you've got the wrong people working for you.
    Post edited by bchased64 on
  • Thorad
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Screenshots say it all...

No reinforcements

*Edited to clarify about no reinforcements and auto
  • MacoDen
    20 posts Member
    Options
    It is ridiculous that this ship isn’t fixed yet. It is trash. Been a big supporter of CG… until now. Waste of money spent. I absolutely refuse to ever spend 1 dime on this game…. If I don’t walk away altogether. Is it really that difficult to test things before they are released?
  • Options
    I know radio silence is CG's thing and we got a post on release day that they're looking into the known bugs, but almost a week now and they still haven't added a comprehensive list of bugs (they could literally just watch Ahnaldt's video and recreate them to confirm), nor have we gotten an update on an expected fix/compensation.

I know it's against ToS to suggest the r word but people are going to get antsy if CG stays quiet on this mistake that many many players spent hundreds on.
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    I know radio silence is CG's thing and we got a post on release day that they're looking into the known bugs, but almost a week now and they still haven't added a comprehensive list of bugs (they could literally just watch Ahnaldt's video and recreate them to confirm), nor have we gotten an update on an expected fix/compensation.

I know it's against ToS to suggest the r word but people are going to get antsy if CG stays quiet on this mistake that many many players spent hundreds on.

Compensation on what? Also the Trello board has 3 bugs listed as Ready for Release, so they're clearly doing something.

Also, I still don't understand the issues on offense at 7*. I haven't lost yet.
  • IonathKraken
    10 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    100% they need to talk about refunds or some type of crystal apology for those who 7* the Leviathan day 1. This debacle has really drained the fun out of the game for me.
  • Hortus
    650 posts Member
    Options
    Fun fact. On day one Leviathan which "isn't pushing the meta" got 16% in top-1 swgoh.gg meta report. That's definitely far from slowest "push" I've seen amongst new metas.

This number didn't go higher (which is understandable because all who could get it did it pretty fast). But it also didn't fell - which is pretty strange given how weak this ship is, according to the forums. :)
  • I_JnK_I
    464 posts Member
    Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    Fun fact. On day one Leviathan which "isn't pushing the meta" got 16% in top-1 swgoh.gg meta report. That's definitely far from slowest "push" I've seen amongst new metas.

This number didn't go higher (which is understandable because all who could get it did it pretty fast). But it also didn't fell - which is pretty strange given how weak this ship is, according to the forums. :)

Nono you dont understand. I did not spend all these materials on the requirements and time grinding in conquest, so that i also have to actively play with the leviathan instead of hitting auto and win.

Jokes aside. Could probably be slower cuz its the hardest to unlock fast

• TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options
    I have a 7* and am waiting for bug fixes before rolling it out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Many players switched back to Profundity
  • StarSon
    7507 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Their loss is my gain. Levi vs Prof is way more reliable than Exec vs Prof.
  • rickertron
    347 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    In my fleet arena, 3 of the top 4 fleets are currently Leviathan. Beginning of week there were none. By next week I would guess 8 of the top 10 will be Leviathan, given the history of my fleet arena and being quick adopt the newest fleets.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Same the other way around too
  • TVF
    36746 posts Member
    Options

Prof v Prof is SEBAI
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Giaganitc ‘BUT’…you’re only doing that with a 7* Levi because anything less cannot reliably win those battles. That’s a massive mistake and problem. This ship should be competing at 4 & 5*, winning reliably at 6*, and dominating at 7*.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Prof v Prof is SEBAI

What does SEBAI mean?

On topic, I can’t recall when I last lost a prof mirror in arena, not sure if I might have lost once with Prof vs Exec in the past few weeks.
    Haven’t lost yet with Prof vs Levi.

I’m still questioning why I got Levi to 7* day one, answer is the hope of a quick round of bug fixes. Still waiting.
  • TargetEadu
    1633 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    My Exec vs Prof is pretty consistent. Consistent enough at least with TIE Bomber.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    My Exec vs Prof is pretty consistent. Consistent enough at least with TIE Bomber.

I'm constantly getting spanked by assist train RNG in the opening. I'd much rather go Levi vs Prof - way more consistent and FAR less rage inducing than crossing my fingers and praying for the assists to freakin stop already.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.