f2p for new players, thrawn, palp, r2, GM yoda easy

Hello! This is for new players
These are just a couple of steps to get you started after you create your account.
1: Start on Phoenix. This is an incredibly easy faction to farm and level up.
2: Thrawn. Now that your Phoenix is powerful, you can get Thrawn.
3: Palp. Phoenix is rebel.
4: Unlock Vader, Royal Guard and Stormtrooper and adequately power them up.
5: R2. You now have the characters needed to unlock R2.
6: GMY: Your Kanan and Ezra should be powered up, along with Ahsoka, Anakin and Old Ben
7: 7-Star Farmboy Luke, Leia, Old Ben, Stormtrooper Han and R2
8: CLS: You need the above characters for CLS.
9: Geonosians. With 3 important DS ships and strength in GAC, Geonosians are good to farm.
10: Padme: Use Geonosians.
11: GAS? JKR? go for whoever you want next!

Replies

• Options
    Just be sure to leave phoenix once you completed thrawn- they are amazing in the beginning but fall off over time. don’t get attached to them. the best jedi forego all attachments
  • Options
    Based on my calculations, The Phoenix team would be the best starting team for 6 of the 8 Galactic Legends.

However, I think the Phoenix team isn’t the best starting team for 2 GL’s.
    The 2 GL’s which I don’t think benefit from Phoenix team are Lord Vader & Jedi Master Kenobi.

I think the best starting team for Lord Vader & JMK would be a Galactic Republic / Jedi team.
    If you look at the requirements for LV & JMK, you can sort of see what I’m saying.

The Phoenix characters are not requirements for LV or JMK.
    The Characters the Phoenix team unlocks Emperor Palpatine, Thrawn, & Chimera are not requirements.

The only benefit the Phoenix team provides is they can partially unlock Grand Master Yoda who is a JMK requirement, but they are not fully unlocking GMY so it’s still not good starting team.

Also, Lord Vader doesn’t need GMY.
    GMY isn’t a requirement for LV.

For the above reasons, A Galactic Republic Jedi team would be best option in my opinion.
    The reason why is due to the following:

Lord Vader has a requirement which needs General Skywalker.
    General Skywalker has a requirement which needs a person to build up Galactic Fleet.

The game gives players Jedi Knight Anakin, Ahsoka, & Mace as starting characters.
    They are Galactic Republic/Jedi who own ships.

All a person would need to do is build up Jedi Consular & Plo Keen
    Both own ships and add healing & turn meter to the team.

Again the main focus is the ships because that is what Lord Vader indirectly needs.
    I’m recommending characters who have ships, but it doesn’t mean they are greatest characters in world.

The 5 characters I mention could unlock GMY who could Improve the ground team.
    A person could also farm up a Bastila Shan as a lead to help improve ground team.
    Just remember these improvements would be side projects which is fine.

The main thing is LV needs Galactic Republic Fleet.
    He doesn’t need a specific Capital Ship.
    He doesn’t need GMY

It’s important to know the above because Jedi Master Kenobi is the opposite of Lord Vader.
    JMK needs General Kenobi, Negotiator, & Mace
    JMK needs GMY
    JMK doesn’t need the Galactic Republic Fleet

It’s a little weird, but the issue is you can’t have 1 with out other.
    You sort of what them both together.

If you have this crazy strong Capital ship, you might as well use it to help you in rankings.
    Than when you go to use it, you have to think what pairs with it and you reach same conclusion.

So yeah - I just want to mention if you want to aim for LV or JMK
    You probably want to start with Galactic Republic team as your first team instead of Phoenix.

Again, it’s not that Phoenix is bad.
    Phoenix is good team, but if you think about the requirement.
    You can see how that team isn’t really helping you.
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I have a different take on this, but it might be an unpopular one.

I started with Geonosians as they have 3 drivers - 3 ships, plus they are needed in DS Geo, and they are a great team to have pvp as well as pve early on.

I also hear that imp troopers are the way to go in the beginning of the game (Please refer to Ahnald's 2023 F2P Guide on Youtube)

It depends on the focus your account wants to go. I focused on ships mainly for the most important currency in the game, gems

I did phoenix much later to just pick up Palp & Thrawn, but did not need them after that UNTIL going for Profundity which Hera is needed at R5 to achieve...
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Options
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    I have a different take on this, but it might be an unpopular one.

I started with Geonosians as they have 3 drivers - 3 ships, plus they are needed in DS Geo, and they are a great team to have pvp as well as pve early on.

I also hear that imp troopers are the way to go in the beginning of the game (Please refer to Ahnald's 2023 F2P Guide on Youtube)

It depends on the focus your account wants to go. I focused on ships mainly for the most important currency in the game, gems

I did phoenix much later to just pick up Palp & Thrawn, but did not need them after that UNTIL going for Profundity which Hera is needed at R5 to achieve...

In my LV & Kenobi guide, The Geonosians would be the 2nd team.
    Although, people could argue about that for LV.

The 1st ground & air team would be Galactic Republic.
    Than I have Geo’s as 2nd ground & air team.

The reason I put it that way is because Dark side campaign is locked till you get 4 dark side heroes.
    Building Light side team as your 1st team is usually easier because the game gives a lot of free starter light side characters.

However, I do think Phoenix is a better 1st team for other GL’s.

For example:
    Sith Eternal Emperor needs Thrawn & Palpatine.
    Phoenix unlocks both so starting with them makes sense.

Running Imperial Troopers as 1st team wouldn’t help because you would have to go back to building Phoenix team later on for Thrawn anyway.

• Options
    Are you factoring in Captain Rex? With him Phoenix are a top tier team. I killed an R8 Reva team in GAC with Phoenix….
  • Options
    Are you factoring in Captain Rex? With him Phoenix are a top tier team. I killed an R8 Reva team in GAC with Phoenix….

I’m not really talking about how good or bad Phoenix is.
    I was talking about the starting paths of GL’s.

If a person wanted to go after Lord Vader, The Phoenix team isn’t really helping a person unlock Lord Vader.

None of the Phoenix team Is part of LV requirement
    None of the Characters Phoenix unlock are part of LV requirements.
  • Options
    I think it was reply to the comment which recommends to drop phoenix after opening Thrawn and Palp. It was true before CRex but very different now.
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    I think it was reply to the comment which recommends to drop phoenix after opening Thrawn and Palp. It was true before CRex but very different now.
    i do not have rex but i have heard this. also, rex and hera are needed at relics for journey guides so yes, they may be worth it. personally, i would prob throw rex on an extra rebel soldier team though, instead of working on phoenix. then again, if kannan is as good as they say for leia, he could be good at relics which would leave you without him as a central part of phoenix.
  • Options
    Hortus wrote: »
    i do not have rex but i have heard this. also, rex and hera are needed at relics for journey guides so yes, they may be worth it. personally, i would prob throw rex on an extra rebel soldier team though, instead of working on phoenix. then again, if kannan is as good as they say for leia, he could be good at relics which would leave you without him as a central part of phoenix.

You should farm Captain Rex.
    Captain Rex is crazy good.
  • Options
    Uh. So if you cant get CRex then drop phoenix. Go Phoenix, Imperial Troopers, Geonosians and Jedi. You'll want to make sure that you power up your characters for later journeys.
  • Options
    Th1nZin wrote: »
    Uh. So if you cant get CRex then drop phoenix. Go Phoenix, Imperial Troopers, Geonosians and Jedi. You'll want to make sure that you power up your characters for later journeys.

If your doing SEE as your 1st GL, Geonosian & Jedi are optional builds.

1st - Phoenix
    Classic Team:
    Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Ezra, & Kanan

Better Teams include Captian Rex:
    A. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Ezra, & Kanan
    B. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Sabrina, & Zeb
    C. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Sabrina, & Kanan

2nd - Empire
    Classic Team:
    Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, Royal Guard, & Tarkin

Better Teams include Mara Jade:
    A. Palpatine, Vader, Mara Jade, Royal Guard, & Tarkin
    B. Palpatine, Starkiller, Mara Jade, Old Ben, & Visa Mar

3rd - Imperial Troopers
    Classic Team:
    Veers, Piett, Dark Trooper, Ranger Trooper, & Gideon

Sometimes, people run Gideon on a Imperial Remnant team as leader which can alter the Imperial Trooper team
    I think they remove Gideon and add Colonel Stark
    I’m not sure who they replace Dark Trooper with.

4th - Bounty Hunters
    Classic Team:
    BossK, Dengar, Boba Fett, IG-88, & Cad Bane

At that point, you should have all the requirements to push into Capital Ship Executor

5th - Few Random Characters left

At that point, you should be close to pushing into Sith Eternal Emperor

—————————

The Geonsian & Jedi don’t really help in unlocking the GL or Capital Ship
    BUT a person could build them for different resources events or if they are in a team which requires them.

The same could also be said for the Rebels for CLS.
    Rebels are not needed for Executor or SEE, but a person could build them for fun or as an additional GAC team.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    Th1nZin wrote: »

If your doing SEE as your 1st GL, Geonosian & Jedi are optional builds.

1st - Phoenix
    Classic Team:
    Hera, Zeb, Chopper, Ezra, & Kanan

Better Teams include Captian Rex:
    A. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Ezra, & Kanan
    B. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Sabrina, & Zeb
    C. Hera, CRex, Chopper, Sabrina, & Kanan

2nd - Empire
    Classic Team:
    Palpatine, Vader, Thrawn, Royal Guard, & Tarkin

Better Teams include Mara Jade:
    A. Palpatine, Vader, Mara Jade, Royal Guard, & Tarkin
    B. Palpatine, Starkiller, Mara Jade, Old Ben, & Visa Mar

3rd - Imperial Troopers
    Classic Team:
    Veers, Piett, Dark Trooper, Ranger Trooper, & Gideon

Sometimes, people run Gideon on a Imperial Remnant team as leader which can alter the Imperial Trooper team
    I think they remove Gideon and add Colonel Stark
    I’m not sure who they replace Dark Trooper with.

4th - Bounty Hunters
    Classic Team:
    BossK, Dengar, Boba Fett, IG-88, & Cad Bane

At that point, you should have all the requirements to push into Capital Ship Executor

5th - Few Random Characters left

At that point, you should be close to pushing into Sith Eternal Emperor

—————————

The Geonsian & Jedi don’t really help in unlocking the GL or Capital Ship
    BUT a person could build them for different resources events or if they are in a team which requires them.

The same could also be said for the Rebels for CLS.
    Rebels are not needed for Executor or SEE, but a person could build them for fun or as an additional GAC team.
    might as well build a jedi team if ur getting r7 anakin
  • Options
    Based on my Research, Jedi Knight Anakin is used on more of a Galactic Republic team vs. Jedi team

The team players told me about was:
    - Padme - Leader
    - Jedi Knight Anakin
    - General Kenobi
    - Mace Windu
    - Ahsoka Tano

I did hear conflicting advice from people.
    A few people told me in GAC your not supposed to use Padme.
    They said Padme gets replaced with Qui-Gon Jinn.

Than people told me the above team doesn’t exist.
    It’s a total made up fantasy team which no one uses.

Than the player was like your supposed to use such and such with Jedi Master Kenobi.
    Than such and such with another hero.
    He just kept rattling off names and who goes with who.

Honestly, I turned off the game at that point.
    It was to much information to process.
    It was so complicated, confusing, and irrelevant.

I left and came back like 1 hour later.
    They was still arguing with each other.
    Calling each other names.

Player 1 said he is using his Padme/Anakin with 100% win rate in GAC.
    Player 2 said he was a total **** for using Padme as Lead in GAC instead of Qui-Gon Jinn
    Player 1 responded by calling Player 2 a P2W Cheater buying/using broken Omicron to win fights due to lack of skill.
    Player 3 joined in saying Player 1 & 2 are both wrong and your supposed to use Anakin with JMK.
    Than Player 2 responded by calling Player 3 a Lazy Unimaginative Team Builder.

Apparently, your not allowed to use the same character twice on a team?
    Jedi Master Kenobi + General Kenobi on same team is frowned upon.
    The Older + Younger Kenobi on same team is a Big No No.
    Lazy Unimaginative Team Building is what they said.

I don’t know!
    Who really cares?
    We are talking about Sith Eternal Emperor.

Jedi Knight Anakin is just a random requirement.
    I asked what team JKA should be in.

Have you ever heard the old cliche “I opened up a can of worms?”
    Well in this situation it was like opening up an entire case of worms.

They went so deep on that conversation.
    I know for a fact they must of spent at least 1 hour 45 mins talking about the situation.

I started the conversation and for 30 mins I did listen, but I had to take break.
    It was to much to process.
    They was also arguing.

Than I came back 1 hour later, they was still arguing about it.
    I listen again for 15 more mins.
    Than I left again.

If you do the math, it’s 1 hour 45 mins.
    Who knows how much longer they talk about it after I left.
    They could of been there for hours.

Worst part is I don’t even think I will be able to unlock Padme with my SEE path.
    We need Count Dooku for SEE, but who on earths knows what team he uses.

I don’t think you can use Count Dooku + 4 Geo to unlock Padme.
    Maybe, there is a Count Dooku + Geo team players have used.

I don’t know.
    I was going to ask if there was Count Dooku team which could unlock Padme, but I didn’t do it.

To Afraid!
    They should have a warning sign in that chat:
    “Ask at your own risk.”

You will not get dragged into the conversation.
    You will get snatched into the conversation which will spiral into 2 hour argument.
    You will leave so discombobulated that your head will feel like it is going to explode.

I will have to figure it out later.
  • Options
    PlayerJ wrote: »
    Honestly, I turned off the game at that point.
    It was to much information to process.
    It was so complicated, confusing, and irrelevant.
    c9vvo9gba3i5.jpg

• Options
    @PlayerJ

I hope you realize that 4/5 people on the team you listed were jedi. i didn’t feel like quoting ur whole thing and going through and deleting the rest but it’s towards the top.
  • Options
    @PlayerJ

I hope you realize that 4/5 people on the team you listed were jedi. i didn’t feel like quoting ur whole thing and going through and deleting the rest but it’s towards the top.

Yes, I know