Why is Leviathan getting OWNED by Marauder/Negotiator now?

Prev13
masterjudark
7 posts Member
edited April 17
Seriously i feel like im beating a dead horse all over again, but with the addition of marauder negotiator is now the meta again destroying 7 star leviathan lett and right, but why?
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Options
    Because they have collected virtually all of the money they were going to from people who were going to buy leviathan, so they don't care now
  • Options
    I mean, it's beating every other ship and they purposely made a buff that was anti-Prof iirc, but with all metas, shouldn't there be at least 1 hard counter? It seems the only options to beat it are a mind-dulling Ult race, or throwing your hat in the RNG ring and trying Chimaera or Exec counters and hoping the dice line up. Those are soft counters though. Even though I have Levi, just like any GL though, I don't expect it to be invincible. There should be something that works without RNG winning most of the time.

Just my thoughts. I'll take actual counters over Ult mirror races any day.
  • Options
    Im not asking for God mod but they sold a leviathan in their words “that will be the next meta” like this marauder ship alone is better than leviathan!!!
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Im not asking for God mod but they sold a leviathan in their words “that will be the next meta” like this marauder ship alone is better than leviathan!!!

Well, it is the meta. Currently sitting at 60%. Also pretty sure the Maurader thing is a bug that they already mentioned.
  • Options
    Sell the problem and then the solution, Executor and then Echelon were the same. At least there is a chase for Marauder to get it done relatively cheap.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options
    Sell the problem and then the solution, Executor and then Echelon were the same. At least there is a chase for Marauder to get it done relatively cheap.

Well, Echelon came out about 8 months after Executor, not two months, so not really the same. Also Finalizer still isn't a hard counter, just a fairly reliable soft counter.
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Well, Echelon came out about 8 months after Executor, not two months, so not really the same. Also Finalizer still isn't a hard counter, just a fairly reliable soft counter.

Finalizer is a hatd counter. I win over 90% of my battles against Exe and only if the RNG is really bad do I lose.

As to the Marauder, they already said there is a bug so it is quite possible it will bot work that good after they fixed it. If they want the ship to be used with Endurance, they might even add a clause that some mechanics only work with Endurance, just like they did with Kyle Katarn and Home One.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Finalizer is a hatd counter. I win over 90% of my battles against Exe and only if the RNG is really bad do I lose.

Congrats ! But data show it’s not the case for a lot of players. So still a soft counter, even if you managed to master it.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

Everything is possible, but i doubt they will allow an old fleet with the help of a chase ship to become the 2023-2024 meta hard counter.
  • Options
    Can someone show me any data where Negotiator with Marauder "owns" Levi?..... Havent seen on ein my shard yet....
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone show me any data where Negotiator with Marauder "owns" Levi?..... Havent seen on ein my shard yet....

I have
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

I have

K, where?
  • Options
    Honestly, if none of these coomps, including the Chimaera Sythe ones canhold on defence, then they aren't worth much....
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly, if none of these coomps, including the Chimaera Sythe ones canhold on defence, then they aren't worth much....

Has something to do with crying about attack banners, at least for profundity.

I am with you, I could care less if these other teams can beat Levi or not.
    If they keep making changes and nerfing for any counter that comes out that can beat Levi, we gonna end up where the Levi counter truly needs an "I win" ability.
  • Options
    after endurances rework the prophecy will come true- leviathan will lose to windu.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

I have

K, where?

My shard, obviously
  • Options

But they didn't say how long it would be.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

But they didn't say how long it would be.

w28hcddrqkaa.gif

Levi is defining the meta
    Levi is "executing" profundity
    CG delivered on promise.
  • Options
    id love to see proof of this that isnt " anahlds video" cuz i have maxed out mauderder and it cant do **** like every other ship in the game lol Execactor smokes it.
  • Options
    No anhalds video necessary that ship makes negotiator the meta now go and play with it and use the right ships with it
  • Options
    and what are the right ships lol ive played every configuation i can think of and execator still whoops that fleet in no time flat lol
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

If they keep making changes and nerfing for any counter that comes out that can beat Levi, we gonna end up where the Levi counter truly needs an "I win" ability.

I agree.
    I don't understand why some people expect a win button even on defense. I don't care if there is a fleet that can beat it reliably as l8ng as I can climb with it.
    Starslayer wrote: »

Congrats ! But data show it’s not the case for a lot of players. So still a soft counter, even if you managed to master it.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

Everything is possible, but i doubt they will allow an old fleet with the help of a chase ship to become the 2023-2024 meta hard counter.

I think this data does not include the fact that you need to know how to exactly play the counter. Especially in the beginning of the battle you have to use very specific steps and if one of those steps goes wrong(bad RNG), you have to know what to do to still be able to win.

I know some in my guild still can't play the counter reliably eventhough I and others made lots of Videos for them and gave them a step by step "walkthrough". The numbers in the battle statistics include these players whom are not so versed with the counter.
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

I agree.
    I don't understand why some people expect a win button even on defense. I don't care if there is a fleet that can beat it reliably as l8ng as I can climb with it.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

I think this data does not include the fact that you need to know how to exactly play the counter. Especially in the beginning of the battle you have to use very specific steps and if one of those steps goes wrong(bad RNG), you have to know what to do to still be able to win.

I know some in my guild still can't play the counter reliably eventhough I and others made lots of Videos for them and gave them a step by step "walkthrough". The numbers in the battle statistics include these players whom are not so versed with the counter.

Thanks for proving my point. If you have to know what you're doing, it's not a hard counter. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    We need someone to nerf the TED Talk phrase.
  • Options

vyl6nycts0jw.jpg

Done.
  • scuba
    14067 posts Member
    Options

I agree.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

Thanks for proving my point. If you have to know what you're doing, it's not a hard counter. Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

So then profundity pre Levi buff wasn't a hard counter and we shouldn't have had the change to Levi.
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options

vyl6nycts0jw.jpg

Done.

That's even worse!
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

I agree.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

So then profundity pre Levi buff wasn't a hard counter and we shouldn't have had the change to Levi.

Well, I never said that it was a hard counter, so there's that. In fact, I still haven't gotten it to work with my 6* Profundity.
  • Options
    ... If you have to know what you're doing, it's not a hard counter. ...

I don't know... that sounds too high a bar. If you have to know what you are doing, but there isn't much rng, i.e. say 90% WR, as long as you execute the strategy correctly, that's still a hard counter by my book.
  • Lumiya
    1490 posts Member
    Options

I don't know... that sounds too high a bar. If you have to know what you are doing, but there isn't much rng, i.e. say 90% WR, as long as you execute the strategy correctly, that's still a hard counter by my book.

Exactly, thank you.

Many counters only work if you use the right order, strategy etc and they are still considered hard counters. So if you don't know what you're doing, it's just a soft counter?

I agree.

cpj8239n18sq.jpeg

Well said
  • StarSon
    7460 posts Member
    Options

If it's 90% winrate then sure, hard counter. But that's not the case, at least according to .gg. The best in any season is 55%.
This discussion has been closed.