Your new title if you spent on the Light Speed Bundle Packs.

Prev1
Your new title is LS2P. Light Speed 2 Play. Light Spender 2 Play. However you want to view it. You are not P2W because you aren't winning much other than an amazing deal that may or may not happen again. P2P could be a title but meh, you only spent this one time. What do you think?
Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)

Replies

• Options
    F2Paccount wrote: »
    Your new title is LS2P. Light Speed 2 Play. Light Spender 2 Play. However you want to view it. You are not P2W because you aren't winning much other than an amazing deal that may or may not happen again. P2P could be a title but meh, you only spent this one time. What do you think?

Spender's remorse much? :)
    "The Empire won't stop until we make them " - Cpt. Drogan, Bitter Pill Company
  • F2Paccount
    75 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

Spender's remorse much? :)

Far from it. Just some light hearted conversation. I am very happy with my purchase. Technically, I am not F2P anymore(Won't let me change my name on here).
    Check me out everyday 7:30p est @ twitch.tv/Gnomersi where I stream my Only SWGOH account. (Lost my F2P Tag Oct. 5th, 2023)
  • Rius
    374 posts Member
    Options
    I don’t understand the obsession with FTP or any payment related titles. Particularly as you are realising paying does not always shift the advantage significantly to qualify as PTW. Even with the most substantial packs we have seen before. I am a low spender, when I am impatient or a good value deal comes up I purchase. This supports the game financially, I am happy to do so as I spend much more time on SWGOH than games I spend £60-80 on. But as I have only played for 3 years there are many F2P so far ahead of me it’s not a direct advantage, time is still the biggest asset to this game. So in a game which does not separate us based on time played, FTP is not an impressive category. A FTP account playing twice as long as me as a low spender has plenty of advantage to win. There are also different focuses, I am Guild focused so much of my resources including relic levels and omicrons go to TW, TB or raid. A FTP GAC focused account starting around the same time will likely have an advantage in GAC too. Spending just impacts my experience at progression towards content. For instance outside of the progress achieved towards the GL’s, the biggest win from those packs for me was the almost 1M boost to my GP for TB and the old republic toons adding 200-300k to my raid score. But even once I have the squads optimal and GLs unlocked I will likely go from facing 1 vs 5-8 GLs in GAC to 3 vs 5-8 GLs. Still a punch up but maybe a more enjoyable experience for me.
  • Options
    Tadpole?
  • scuba
    14123 posts Member
    Options
    Rius wrote: »
    I don’t understand the obsession with FTP or any payment related titles. Particularly as you are realising paying does not always shift the advantage significantly to qualify as PTW. Even with the most substantial packs we have seen before. I am a low spender, when I am impatient or a good value deal comes up I purchase. This supports the game financially, I am happy to do so as I spend much more time on SWGOH than games I spend £60-80 on. But as I have only played for 3 years there are many F2P so far ahead of me it’s not a direct advantage, time is still the biggest asset to this game. So in a game which does not separate us based on time played, FTP is not an impressive category. A FTP account playing twice as long as me as a low spender has plenty of advantage to win. There are also different focuses, I am Guild focused so much of my resources including relic levels and omicrons go to TW, TB or raid. A FTP GAC focused account starting around the same time will likely have an advantage in GAC too. Spending just impacts my experience at progression towards content. For instance outside of the progress achieved towards the GL’s, the biggest win from those packs for me was the almost 1M boost to my GP for TB and the old republic toons adding 200-300k to my raid score. But even once I have the squads optimal and GLs unlocked I will likely go from facing 1 vs 5-8 GLs in GAC to 3 vs 5-8 GLs. Still a punch up but maybe a more enjoyable experience for me.

FTP seems like some badge of honor to them.
    Mostly when I see a chat, dicussion start with "I am ftp", i just roll my eyes and skip over most of the comment.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Mostly when I see a chat, dicussion start with "I am ftp", i just roll my eyes and skip over most of the comment.
    It’s definitely seen by some as a badge of honour. Which is a strange thing to be proud of, making zero contribution to the sustained existence of something you partake in regularly.
  • Options

Don't give it so much thought. You spent, you're p2p. Nothing wrong about it, nothing to be ashamed, no reason to hide it behind an euphemism.
  • Options

It’s definitely seen by some as a badge of honour. Which is a strange thing to be proud of, making zero contribution to the sustained existence of something you partake in regularly.

Lol, yes pride is a strange thing we humans get.
  • Options

Seeing f2p as making 0 contribution is as extremist as seeing it as a badge of honour.
    A game couldn't be sustained without the downloads, comments and reviews from f2p. Whales alone are not enough.
  • Options
    Reminds me of funny statement by I think starwarsdad. "How do you know if someone is f2p? Don't worry they will tell you."
  • Options
    Reminds me of funny statement by I think starwarsdad. "How do you know if someone is f2p? Don't worry they will tell you."

They are the vegans of every mobile game out there, especially SWGOH
  • Options
    What's smaller than a kraken, whale, dolphin and normal fish?

xczaoj7y4zmw.jpg
  • Shmoopyz
    134 posts Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    I'm pretty stingy and didn't even buy the Hyperdrive Bundle. Have long since had SLKR F2P. Starkiller Bundle too expensive and I already have some of the characters.

But the Rey and Raddus bundles were the first thing I've ever seen offered worth far more than the value sold for. Incredible deals really.

So yeah, those bundles broke my F2P streak. :D
  • Options

Seeing f2p as making 0 contribution is as extremist as seeing it as a badge of honour.
    A game couldn't be sustained without the downloads, comments and reviews from f2p. Whales alone are not enough.

It's a choice. People choose to play f2p for a multitude of reasons. Maybe they do not have the funds that they can contribute. Maybe they do but want the challenge. Has nothing to do with a "I DIDN'T SPEND" more so as an accomplishment of being able to compete in the realm of a p2p player. I have said it multiple times in my stream and I will say it here. I thank the people who spend on this game who keep the game I play alive..
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter if ur p2p or f2p

The only reason i’m f2p is bc i don’t wanna ask my parents if i can buy something in a mobile video game. They only understand if its the xbox
  • Options
    The only time FtP becomes relevant is when you're talking about how long something takes to farm. There's no way that you can standardize spending, so FtP time to farm allows comparison of the difficulty in acquiring different teams and also allows people who have already completed a farm (either of a specific squad or more generally to a specific GP or point in the game) to tell others how long to expect.

That's it.

Of course, there are lots of times when people want to know which is the harder team to get, etc, or how long it takes to farm a GL. So there are lots of times when someone might mention it without being an Anchor (whoops, forgot the "w"), but all the reasonable ones fall under those two categories.
  • Options
    It doesn’t matter if ur p2p or f2p

The only reason i’m f2p is bc i don’t wanna ask my parents if i can buy something in a mobile video game. They only understand if its the xbox

It would be great if half the posters on here were as honest as you are....
  • Options
    It's just a title, it's meaningless. I consider myself f2p.

Have I spent hard earned cash on the game? Yup, $2.47.

Have I spent free credits that would have expired if I didn't use them? Yup, $258.46.

I've found more coins in the streets than I've spent on this game.
  • Options

Have I spent free credits that would have expired if I didn't use them? Yup, $258.46.

Why does it matter where the money came from? You spent on the game to advance your account. It’s not a bad thing, and you earned (most of) the money for free which is awesome. But you still spent on the account.

This is why it sounds like a badge of honor thing, because it seems to be more about the claim of being ftp than the facts.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Why does it matter where the money came from? You spent on the game to advance your account. It’s not a bad thing, and you earned (most of) the money for free which is awesome. But you still spent on the account.

This is why it sounds like a badge of honor thing, because it seems to be more about the claim of being ftp than the facts.
    There are some notable examples of people who claim the FTP label despite the fact that money has been spent on their account (just not the account owner's money) or indeed have cheated to obtain their roster.

I think that's why I think the phrase "badge of honour" is often appropiate.

I agree with you that the game needs F2P - but there are many F2P who seem to think that the devs making content that spenders can access faster and easier than non-spenders is in some way immoral. Which is a baffling stance. Not saying that's your stance, but I've definitely seen that position on here
  • Options
    When I was a kid, we were all p2p because we had to insert a coin in a machine if we wanted to play. And sometimes you got killed in a matter of seconds. :p
  • Options
    I mean, this is a resource management game, so in a way if you spend less for the same, then you're better at managing resources and winning.

Just like the vegan is winning the Earth resource game. I'm not a vegan, but I respect their ecological game, and that they are better than me at it.
  • Options
    I mean, this is a resource management game, so in a way if you spend less for the same, then you're better at managing resources and winning.

Just like the vegan is winning the Earth resource game. I'm not a vegan, but I respect their ecological game, and that they are better than me at it.
    But if everyone was better at managing resources and winning, there’d be no game for them to be better at.
  • Options

But if everyone was better at managing resources and winning, there’d be no game for them to be better at.

There are different business models though, a game doesn't have to have the one applied here. It is possible to be for spending on games but against certain models.
  • Options

True, but we don't need to go to extremes. In the ecological game, the extinction of mankind would be beneficial.
  • Cynyc
    271 posts Member
    Options

Alternatively we could simply not worry about labels
  • Options
    I like your plan, Cynyc.
  • Options
    It's weird what triggers people.
  • Options
    I like your plan, Cynyc.

Agreed :)
  • Ultra
    11553 posts Moderator
    Options
    As a R4P (Retired From Play) i think LS2P is a great acronym to add to the list