Thanks CG_Leviathan (NOT)

Just wanted to say thanks to the developer, CG_Leviathan for “never” responding to my direct message about players cheating! It’s nice to know that players can be heard, and not taken advantage of, and that the developers are here for us to protect the investments we have made into this software. It’s good to see players reaching 7* on toons or ships as soon as they’re released, without having to invest the time that it takes the rest of us to reach it. We appreciate all the work you do to make the game better for them.

Replies

• Options
    He doesn’t reply to any direct messages anymore, and hasn’t for years.

Your issue is that people can buy character shards…?
  • Options
    They won't respond. They get the email and conduct the investigation from there. I've seen plenty of people ask why they don't respond or why they're inactive. The response is always the same, they see the messages in their email.

As for the second part on getting 7* new toons immediately, they whale hard on those toons. I don't care if people spend thousands of USD to get the toons. Let them, I'm happy with what I'm doing spending maybe $300 in 5 years. Whaling is not cheating.
  • Options
    So no one noticed that you can only refresh so many times before those locking mechanisms kick in? And when we’ve only had a couple rounds, 20 shards per round, per feat, still does not add up to 7*. It’s cheating, they know about it, but they do nothing. Why? Because it forces us others to spend more to make this enjoyable. That’s my issue. That’s not whaling, that’s cheating; and for the developer team, it’s abuse to us.
  • Options
    You’re talking about proving grounds now? Or what else, since what you’re stringing together isn’t making much sense
  • Options
    So no one noticed that you can only refresh so many times before those locking mechanisms kick in? And when we’ve only had a couple rounds, 20 shards per round, per feat, still does not add up to 7*. It’s cheating, they know about it, but they do nothing. Why? Because it forces us others to spend more to make this enjoyable. That’s my issue. That’s not whaling, that’s cheating; and for the developer team, it’s abuse to us.
    What characters are you referring to? 20 shards sounds like proving grounds which are old conquest characters not new characters.
  • Options
    Whales are good, and indeed necessary, for the game. I’m not one, but I am thrilled that they keep the game running so that other players can spend as little as they wish to keep it going.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    I’m just really confused on the whole “cheating” allegation…
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1094 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I’m just really confused on the whole “cheating” allegation…

You could argue it creates an unfair playing field (and so possibly it’s a language issue if the OP is EAL) if people are competing against each other with some having more resources than others, just as you see in most major sports leagues, but it seems like an odd hill to die on given that it’s how the game has been since it’s inception.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    A couple examples might be the Leviathan, and Executor. We only can get so many shards each month, but yet with only a few months out some have Leviathan at 7*. Sounds like ****.
  • Options
    There’s a big difference between “unfair” and “cheating” though.
  • Options
    A couple examples might be the Leviathan, and Executor. We only can get so many shards each month, but yet with only a few months out some have Leviathan at 7*. Sounds like ****.

Have you heard of hoarding/buying crystals?
  • Options

So it’s cheating because I managed my resources better than you? I don’t buy crystals yet I will have enough to unlock and 7* Leviathan when the event comes around tomorrow. This is neither unfair nor cheating, so you’re wasting your breath trying to argue it’s either.
  • UdalCuain
    5029 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Someone can go to from unlock to 7* with one event easily if they have the crystals. 19 refreshes (max) of the Bonus Tier, plus 5 crystal packs.

Certainly isn't cheating.
  • Options
    Just wanted to say thanks to the developer, CG_Leviathan for “never” responding to my direct message about players cheating! It’s nice to know that players can be heard, and not taken advantage of, and that the developers are here for us to protect the investments we have made into this software. It’s good to see players reaching 7* on toons or ships as soon as they’re released, without having to invest the time that it takes the rest of us to reach it. We appreciate all the work you do to make the game better for them.

So let me get this straight. You complained to CG that someone cheated by spending money?
  • Options
    You are welcome to feel how you wish. As am I. This game was fun, but now it sucks. Their revenue lines have gone down swiftly, but yeah 8’ sure it’s just me.
  • Options
    It sounds like maybe you’re frustrated and venting here without really thinking things through. Yes, fleet shards are getting a lot tougher. I’m with you, I use a 5* Executor and my shard is full of Leviathans that I can’t touch and 7* Execs that I almost always lose to. Sit down, take a breath and plan out the fastest way to get Leviathan and catch up.
  • Options

Mate, you’re not understanding. Getting a 7* Leviathan straight away is achieved by doing the free battle, refreshing 19 times (max amount offered) and then purchasing the packs a few times. That’s how I did it and that’s how so many others did. No cheating involved, just a lot of crystals.

• Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    It sounds like maybe you’re frustrated and venting here without really thinking things through. Yes, fleet shards are getting a lot tougher. I’m with you, I use a 5* Executor and my shard is full of Leviathans that I can’t touch and 7* Execs that I almost always lose to. Sit down, take a breath and plan out the fastest way to get Leviathan and catch up.

Thank you. I appreciate you saying that. But there are many times where it is impossible to get a 7* immediately, yet we encounter them regularly. If you can only get so many shards at the beginning, then 10 more at the monthly interval, would still take time to acquire, even if you pay the refresh fee. In my experience the refresh fee for those feats only provides you with one more drop; making it impossible to get so quickly without cheating.

So it’s cheating because I managed my resources better than you? I don’t buy crystals yet I will have enough to unlock and 7* Leviathan when the event comes around tomorrow. This is neither unfair nor cheating, so you’re wasting your breath trying to argue it’s either.

Sounds like you’re cheating but trying to obfuscate the truth.
  • Options

Mate, you’re not understanding. Getting a 7* Leviathan straight away is achieved by doing the free battle, refreshing 19 times (max amount offered) and then purchasing the packs a few times. That’s how I did it and that’s how so many others did. No cheating involved, just a lot of crystals.

Ahh, thank you. I didn’t realize they increased the refresh rate. I stopped refreshing because of how little you get. I should just stop playing.
  • Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »

Thank you. I appreciate you saying that. But there are many times where it is impossible to get a 7* immediately, yet we encounter them regularly. If you can only get so many shards at the beginning, then 10 more at the monthly interval, would still take time to acquire, even if you pay the refresh fee. In my experience the refresh fee for those feats only provides you with one more drop; making it impossible to get so quickly without cheating.

Sounds like you’re cheating but trying to obfuscate the truth.

Nobody is cheating. Any of these characters you’ve mentioned, you can refresh the bonus tier and max out your new unit. If you don’t want to whale that’s your choice. Choosing to spend money on the game is another, and it is not cheating.
  • Options
    Sounds like the OP needs to look up what cheating means and reevaluate their game.

Guess saving up crystals and spending them wisely is cheating y’all!
  • sagmi34
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    The "profundity mirror error" suggests a moment when one perceives depth and meaning in a reflection yet reality may be distorted. It's a metaphor for introspection, cautioning that our understanding may sometimes be an illusion, aurging mindfulness in interpreting our thoughts and perceptions.
    Post edited by sagmi34 on
  • Options

Depends one what the event is. Capital ships - when they release (or at least the last few), have their first even start at noon (my time anyhow) and run til noon the following day. So, if you're ready day 1, you start it and yes, you get capped at 6* day 1 due to the 20 refresh limit (you need like 25 or so to 7*). However, since the first event starts at noon, the timers reset at midnight (ish) and you get a second crack on day 2. So, in that respect, you can 7* it on the first (and only the first) event. The second event starts with server refesh and ends at server refresh so it's not possible to 7* it in a single subsequent event. So, people ready at the first event essentially get a bare minimum 2 month advantage at 7*.

• Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

Depends one what the event is. Capital ships - when they release (or at least the last few), have their first even start at noon (my time anyhow) and run til noon the following day. So, if you're ready day 1, you start it and yes, you get capped at 6* day 1 due to the 20 refresh limit (you need like 25 or so to 7*). However, since the first event starts at noon, the timers reset at midnight (ish) and you get a second crack on day 2. So, in that respect, you can 7* it on the first (and only the first) event. The second event starts with server refesh and ends at server refresh so it's not possible to 7* it in a single subsequent event. So, people ready at the first event essentially get a bare minimum 2 month advantage at 7*.

There’s also pack of shards for sale, but they’re more expensive than the refreshes. It’s possible for any player, if prepared enough, to 7* any CS as soon as they can access the event.
  • Options
    you can also just buy the 1250 crystal packs with Leviathan Shards as much as you want so you don't have to refresh the event at all if you don't care about crystals
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

There’s also pack of shards for sale, but they’re more expensive than the refreshes. It’s possible for any player, if prepared enough, to 7* any CS as soon as they can access the event.

Oops missed this one lol. Guess disregard my post above as redundant.
  • Options

You what?

Im F2P and because Im top in fleet it took me 2 months to get Leviathan to 7*. In fact if id really saved with RotE and GAC crystal rewards I probably could have done it in the first time around.

The issue here is you're lack of understanding of this resource management and not because others cheat.