Returning Player, Need Direction

I'm returning after having not played for at least two years, I don't remember exactly how long. I need advice on what to go for next. Should I put all my energy into a galactic legend or is there a new character that is now essential for one of my stronger teams, or something else entirely?

I'd really appreciate the assistance. My profile is here https://swgoh.gg/p/916995445/

Replies

• Options
    I am probably not the best at this but in my opinion I say relic padmes team up a bit also gear and relic wampa and give him an omicron when you can. He solos many teams with ease.

I also think a GL would be a great addition. GL Kylo to my knowledge has some great teams that come with unlocking him.

Though if you go wampa you could also go Luke, who is great. Really any gl is great. But he has toons that don't really fit with him much so kylo is probably a better option.

Also Starkiller is amazing and I'd consider him as well. I've been considering getting mine to relic 7 or even higher.

If your okay with spending 10 dollars there was lightspeed bundles to help get a GL, they aren't available at the moment but they did hint at more to come and I believe they have been datamined.
  • Options
    GLs are great, but depending on how far you are from one you may want to work on some other things first depending on your regular crystal income. Higher crystal income will mean you can do more refreshes and so everything else ends up coming quicker. The key to this is often fleet arena: how competitive is yours? Is the top 50 filled with executor, profundity and leviathan? From looking at your roster you don't have either GET2 fleet, are you close to one of them? If not, and the top 50/20 of your fleet arena shard still has some of those I'd recommend rushing executor. You've already got a lot of the ships, your bounty hunters are mostly there and working on some of the other characters needed (Piett) will help for other suggestions below. Building more crystal income from fleets, if possible should be a first priority.

From a character perspective I'd recommend you build two further squads: imp troopers and rebels under Commander Luke. Both are great sub-GL teams and can help with getting more from PvE events. An imp trooper team of Veers, Piett, Moff Gideon, Range trooper and Starck/Dark will allow you to complete two assault battles up to the highest tier at 3*, increasing your income of relic materials zetas etc every month. Also, they're great on offence in TW and GAC even at lower gear, as long as you have needed zetas, as once you outrun an enemy they're hard to stop.
    The second squad is CLS rebels as CLS, Han, Chewie, Chewie and 3PO, and C3PO. You've got a lot of the pieces there already. They're another great team in PvP for very little cost on the new big bottleneck (kyros), are good in TB, and can clear another assault battle up to challenge tier 3 too.

For individual toons that are worth working on, adding Merrin to your nightsisters, an omicron on Wampa, and Mara Jade to make your Palpatine empire even stronger will really complement your roster so far. Jedi Knight Luke would also be a big addition, but might be a longer term goal as there's a lot of relics needed and of course Han's ship too.

Finally, get yourself into a guild doing Geo TB if not RotE. You already have good geonosians so that shouldn't be too hard to aim for GeoTB at least and you may get lucky shooting for something bigger. Getting more out of TB, and being in a higher bracket for TW, even when you lose, means more rewards and so growing your roster faster. If you can try to get into a guild doing the Endor raid then even better as you can get the raid3 currency which is useful for building relic levels and zetas.

Hope that helps, and welcome back!
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Jimster1 wrote: »
    I am probably not the best at this but in my opinion I say relic padmes team up a bit also gear and relic wampa and give him an omicron when you can. He solos many teams with ease.

I also think a GL would be a great addition. GL Kylo to my knowledge has some great teams that come with unlocking him.

Though if you go wampa you could also go Luke, who is great. Really any gl is great. But he has toons that don't really fit with him much so kylo is probably a better option.

Also Starkiller is amazing and I'd consider him as well. I've been considering getting mine to relic 7 or even higher.

If your okay with spending 10 dollars there was lightspeed bundles to help get a GL, they aren't available at the moment but they did hint at more to come and I believe they have been datamined.

Thank you for the info, I've always thought Wampa was really strong and Notthatguyfrombefore also mentioned getting him.

It looks like my Journey Guide was set to SLKR so I might have started trying to get him. Two of the toons for him are sitting at two star though so that's a grind. Luckily, their shards are actually on the same battle so I lucked out with that.

I'll have to see what teams starkiller works with to see if it would fit what I have already.

Good to know on the lightspeed bundles, depending on when they come out I wouldn't mind picking some up to help reach a GL.
  • Options
    GLs are great, but depending on how far you are from one you may want to work on some other things first depending on your regular crystal income. Higher crystal income will mean you can do more refreshes and so everything else ends up coming quicker. The key to this is often fleet arena: how competitive is yours? Is the top 50 filled with executor, profundity and leviathan? From looking at your roster you don't have either GET2 fleet, are you close to one of them? If not, and the top 50/20 of your fleet arena shard still has some of those I'd recommend rushing executor. You've already got a lot of the ships, your bounty hunters are mostly there and working on some of the other characters needed (Piett) will help for other suggestions below. Building more crystal income from fleets, if possible should be a first priority.

From a character perspective I'd recommend you build two further squads: imp troopers and rebels under Commander Luke. Both are great sub-GL teams and can help with getting more from PvE events. An imp trooper team of Veers, Piett, Moff Gideon, Range trooper and Starck/Dark will allow you to complete two assault battles up to the highest tier at 3*, increasing your income of relic materials zetas etc every month. Also, they're great on offence in TW and GAC even at lower gear, as long as you have needed zetas, as once you outrun an enemy they're hard to stop.
    The second squad is CLS rebels as CLS, Han, Chewie, Chewie and 3PO, and C3PO. You've got a lot of the pieces there already. They're another great team in PvP for very little cost on the new big bottleneck (kyros), are good in TB, and can clear another assault battle up to challenge tier 3 too.

For individual toons that are worth working on, adding Merrin to your nightsisters, an omicron on Wampa, and Mara Jade to make your Palpatine empire even stronger will really complement your roster so far. Jedi Knight Luke would also be a big addition, but might be a longer term goal as there's a lot of relics needed and of course Han's ship too.

Finally, get yourself into a guild doing Geo TB if not RotE. You already have good geonosians so that shouldn't be too hard to aim for GeoTB at least and you may get lucky shooting for something bigger. Getting more out of TB, and being in a higher bracket for TW, even when you lose, means more rewards and so growing your roster faster. If you can try to get into a guild doing the Endor raid then even better as you can get the raid3 currency which is useful for building relic levels and zetas.

Hope that helps, and welcome back!

From where I am in the arena so I don't have any crystal income from it. Currently sitting at 175 in fleets and yeah, it looks like the top ship teams are Profundity, Leviathan, and Executor. Way down at around 40 - 50 are some Negotiators.

I'm not close to the GET2 ships unfortunately but yeah it looks like I'm pretty close to Executor, just need to focus on Piett mainly.

For CLS I'm at 6* for C3P0 and my Chewie with C3P0 is only 2 stars so I'd have to grind that out. A few people for the imperial trooper team would need a couple stars but it looks like I should be rushing Piett anyway because of the ships. Probably go with Starck instead of Dark for now so it's one less toon to grind stars for. So I'll probably end up going imp trooper first.

I'll have to add Mara to Palp, I think they are my strongest pvp team right now so a boost to that would be awesome. I was planning on getting Merrin for the Nightsisters, they're my favorite team tbh so I want to give them some power. I was thinking of replacing Talia with her but I'll have to see what the meta is. For JKL I'd have to get two more bounty hunter ships from 3* to 7* to get 7* hans falcon so that would be a while but good to plan on reaching in the future.

I was thinking of reaching back out to the guild I was in before, hambone, to see if they are still competitive, or if anyone I knew is even still active. We were very active and doing well on both TBs. If not, I'll have to go guild hunting.

Thank you for the advice and for the warm welcome. It does help and I appreciate it.
  • Options
    My rebel fleet made top 30 a couple times but it's hard keeping it in the top 30 let alone pushing forward more. Though this is coming from someone with jabba and luke gls as well as everything I need for profundity just waiting on the event.

Starkiller works well with Palpatine and Mara Jade along with a jedi and a unaligned light side. Which also matches with what the other people are telling you to farm. Mara goes great with Palpatine, and can be there whilst you farm for the rest.

Imp troopers are great iden can be nasty at low gears with her omicron.but she doesn't go with veers.

If your favorite team is nightsisters then go for them get them relic 3 or higher. Their a great team

The benefit to grinding for 3pio is ewoks are useful for the new raid. Though his event is tough.and the hunters needed for chewie align with executor. The bounty hunter ship pack isn't a terrible buy but keep in mind you may get ships you already have 7 stars.

Ultimately there is a lot to focus on. Not that guy had really good suggestions