Light Side Conquest Character

Prev1
So, since they stated in the Darth Bane post that the next conquest character after him is a light side character, what are people’s guesses/hopes for who said light side conquest character is? Me personally, I’m hoping it’s Satele, or someone who can help give the Old Republic faction a boost, like Malgus gave the Sith Empire. The Old Republic has frankly needed a boost since it was introduced.

Replies

• Options
    JML lifter?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Jedi Knight Dooku. It’ll be over a year since Tales of the Jedi was released by that point, so the cadence would be right.

With Kelleran Beq confirmed, and the sorry state of the old Galactic Republic Jedi, those two together could create a financial opportunity for CG for players to invest and relic toons that many have not.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Porkins
  • Options
    Red5
  • Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Jedi Knight Dooku. It’ll be over a year since Tales of the Jedi was released by that point, so the cadence would be right.

With Kelleran Beq confirmed, and the sorry state of the old Galactic Republic Jedi, those two together could create a financial opportunity for CG for players to invest and relic toons that many have not.

I could definitely see that as a possibility.
  • Ultra
    11541 posts Moderator
    Options
    Red5

jokes aside, i think that's the following LS Conquest unit
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Red5

I dunno, they did say “character”, so unless they count ships under the character umbrella as well, then I don’t really see it being a ship.
  • Options
    it will be Kallaran Beq (sp) for the Bo Katan unlock won't it?
  • LordDirt
    5067 posts Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    No, they are marquee characters for Bo
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    From what I understand Red 5 is not a ship name but a callsign given to the pilot of the ship, an example would be maverick in the movie Top Gun, that was the callsign for the pilot not the plane
  • Options
    BakaSenshi wrote: »
    From what I understand Red 5 is not a ship name but a callsign given to the pilot of the ship, an example would be maverick in the movie Top Gun, that was the callsign for the pilot not the plane

This. Red 5 was the not name the ship but rather a callsign for the pilots. Pretty sure its jusy a X-wing

dffra2dxxhbh.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, it would be called Luke Skywalker’s X-wing in this game.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Fortunately it will be the correct name of "Rey 5"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Ships can have a call sign, the most well-known examples would be Air Force One or Marine One. They tend to be mission-specific though, and not permanent.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    So we just ignore that pert of the Wookiepedia article that says: "the callsign became synonymous with the actual X-wing fighter he flew.[4]"?
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

kcos8fwa2f6g.gif

• StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Red5

I dunno, they did say “character”, so unless they count ships under the character umbrella as well, then I don’t really see it being a ship.

What they said was "the following conquest character," and what they did not say was "the following conquest reward will be a character and not a ship."
  • Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    So we just ignore that pert of the Wookiepedia article that says: "the callsign became synonymous with the actual X-wing fighter he flew.[4]"?

Yup. And the next line after it, because we don't want CG to give us Red 5 with Grizz pilot.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »
    Ships can have a call sign, the most well-known examples would be Air Force One or Marine One. They tend to be mission-specific though, and not permanent.

Air Force One is actually the radio callsign for any air force aircraft the president is aboard. It’s just usually one of the two VC-25 planes.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

What they said was "the following conquest character," and what they did not say was "the following conquest reward will be a character and not a ship."

I don’t really follow what you’re trying to say? I’m extremely positive “the following conquest character will be light side” means that the very next conquest run after Darth Bane’s is over will feature a light side character as the reward.
  • Options
    nfidel2k wrote: »

Air Force One is actually the radio callsign for any air force aircraft the president is aboard. It’s just usually one of the two VC-25 planes.

Yup, which would be a ship having a callsign. The mission would be transporting the President.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimages%2Fcfe545bbc3efa47dabfb0d732433da94%2Ftenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D6083967&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d1b7fecd6f9d1b0cec5fd9c1397c51be3efb99995248d37f1f2eb85a11963639&ipo=images
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    HKFactory wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

I don’t really follow what you’re trying to say? I’m extremely positive “the following conquest character will be light side” means that the very next conquest run after Darth Bane’s is over will feature a light side character as the reward.

Well, just being facetious but just pointing out that while the next character is light side, they did not confirm that the next reward is a character and so could be a ship.
  • Options
    I see. I think I get it now.
  • Options
    Oh please let it be the Gonk Droid, droid faction needs some love too.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    JML lifter?

Imagine a Ben Kenobi (Force Ghost) to pair with Jedi Master Luke. Force ghost Kenobi was goated in Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga.
  • Options
    Jar Jar Binks.

And in other news, CG sees the lowest sales and participation in conquest ever.
  • Options
    I really hope they don't start putting force ghosts in the game. I'd take JarJar over that any day of the week.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    JML lifter?

Light side Mara Jade?
  • Options
    Im really hoping for Jar Jar.