Nice GaC matchmaking CG

Prev1
dyfs1p9lokw1.png

Average of 3 GL's vs my 0. Awesome job with fixing the match-making CG. Thank you.

Replies

• TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    When did CG say they were "fixing" matchmaking (which doesn't exist beyond SR, btw).

They fixed the squish.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    The things you listed are all useless metrics. You are in that bracket solely because of your skill rating. Get better or get worse if you don't like where you are.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    The things you listed are all useless metrics. You are in that bracket solely because of your skill rating. Get better or get worse if you don't like where you are.

Yes, of course that's the idea but it takes time to get the things to get better, it's always a work in progress. Can I not just be a bit frusturated and vent such once in awhile? It's been at least a few months since I got a half decently fun match-up rather than the slog of "how many GL's are on defense and will this player log in or even attack if they do" matches. :(
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

Yes, of course that's the idea but it takes time to get the things to get better, it's always a work in progress. Can I not just be a bit frusturated and vent such once in awhile? It's been at least a few months since I got a half decently fun match-up rather than the slog of "how many GL's are on defense and will this player log in or even attack if they do" matches. :(

huh my GA matchups are, will I do more than one attack this time or not.
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options

Sure you can vent, but yelling at CG for something that hasn't changed in like 3 years is a little silly at this point. They are likely to never change it again.
  • Options
    It was more to come off as a snarky "you suck CG" rather than "please change this" but I'll concede the point that perhaps I could have worded it so my goal had been more obvious? I wasn't trying to make it seem aggressive either so that's why I worded it as such, it's less of a salty thing and again more of a "well that's annoying."
  • StarSon
    7464 posts Member
    Options
    In all the ways that CG sucks, GAC matches don't even rate.
  • Options
    Let’s look at the silver lining of your complaint:

You become a much more skilled player by “punching up,” which benefits you in all the other game modes by proxy.

I’m in K2 with four GLs and typically face 7 or 8 GLs. Learning how to dismantle superior rosters helps my guild win TWs, helps me learn effective counters for conquest, and gives me a true sense of accomplishment when I have a 50%+ win-rate going against much more developed rosters.

Steam-rolling opponents of the same sized rosters just doesn’t compare to the fun of a closely-fought David Vs. Goliath battle.
  • Options
    Pay to win game bro
  • PrettyFly4QuiGuy
    857 posts Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis
  • Options
    Our guild match up had maxed r8/9 jabba and leia teams w maxed omnicrons I was sick so I forgot to post defense so I literally could not attack to get banners and surprise they full cleared us lmao matchmaking is really bad in this game no matter what you do
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    Dwinkelm wrote: »

You become a much more skilled player by “punching up,” which benefits you in all the other game modes by proxy.

I’m in K2 with four GLs and typically face 7 or 8 GLs. Learning how to dismantle superior rosters helps my guild win TWs, helps me learn effective counters for conquest, and gives me a true sense of accomplishment when I have a 50%+ win-rate going against much more developed rosters.

Steam-rolling opponents of the same sized rosters just doesn’t compare to the fun of a closely-fought David Vs. Goliath battle.

Effective counters for conquest?!?!?
    Last I checked GA doesn't have overprepared and team modifiers like conquest does.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Last I checked GA doesn't have overprepared and team modifiers like conquest does.

Don't tempt CG please
  • Options

Yes sir.

If a team can survive the opening onslaught from an over-prepared conquest team, they’ll hold up in TW and TB.

• Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.
    If you look the top 50 of Kyber 1, all the players have spent more than 50.000$ ar least in the game.
    And of all the players of K1, I bet only the 1% have never spent a single $ in the game.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Lol
  • Options
    u3n3piqic9k6.png
  • Options
    Look Aesop Rock and all that Krakens. They have spent more than 200k $ lol. Thanks to that they are there 😅
  • Options
    "Some players paid to win" != "the game mode is pay to win". Just saying, logically.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options

Yes sir.

If a team can survive the opening onslaught from an over-prepared conquest team, they’ll hold up in TW and TB.

we must be playing different games. I have many teams that hold up in conquest and lose in TB
  • Options
    "Some players paid to win" != "the game mode is pay to win". Just saying, logically.

If you can minimize any skill diff by paying then yes, it is indeed pay to win.

If you can't get to the top of the ladder without paying, that makes it pay to win as well
  • Options
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

If you can minimize any skill diff by paying then yes, it is indeed pay to win.

If you can't get to the top of the ladder without paying, that makes it pay to win as well
    dyfs1p9lokw1.png

Average of 3 GL's vs my 0. Awesome job with fixing the match-making CG. Thank you.

With 4.9 GP, how do you not have a GL at this point? I would think you are not doing all you can to be competitive. Sure matchmaking pits you against some strong rosters but you might not be putting your best foot forward either.
  • Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.
    If you look the top 50 of Kyber 1, all the players have spent more than 50.000$ ar least in the game.
    And of all the players of K1, I bet only the 1% have never spent a single $ in the game.

GAC is literally the least pay to win mode in the game. You can spend thousands of dollars per month, and will still end up at roughly a 50% win rate over a longer period of time. Just like most F2P players. It MIGHT only appy to like the top 10 in k1, but they're all so close to each other in roster strength that it's still about skill 95% of the time.
    The matchmaking doesn't care if you are F2P or P2P. All it cares about is your rating, which is just based on your wins and losses. Being a P2P player makes no difference if you are going up against a F2P of the same rating. You two have the same rating for a reason, so according to the system, their chances of winning are as high as yours. So it's roughly a 50/50 just by the nature of the system. If it wasn't, then you two wouldn't be at the same rank in the first place.

So no, GAC is not P2W.
  • Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

GAC is literally the least pay to win mode in the game. You can spend thousands of dollars per month, and will still end up at roughly a 50% win rate over a longer period of time. Just like most F2P players. It MIGHT only appy to like the top 10 in k1, but they're all so close to each other in roster strength that it's still about skill 95% of the time.
    The matchmaking doesn't care if you are F2P or P2P. All it cares about is your rating, which is just based on your wins and losses. Being a P2P player makes no difference if you are going up against a F2P of the same rating. You two have the same rating for a reason, so according to the system, their chances of winning are as high as yours. So it's roughly a 50/50 just by the nature of the system. If it wasn't, then you two wouldn't be at the same rank in the first place.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

Thanks to DCs, GAC is THE p2w mode with TW coming in 2nd.

If someone decides to kraken out on DCs and the DC set is 'worth it' (like set11 with thr high defense%; current set12 is garbage ) he'll sky rocket the ladder if he 1) has a solid roster to work with and 2) he's not a total ****.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Options
    Come on ... it's the same salty crying every single GAC-round by now ... If you do well, you'll meet better opponents next time. And some times you'll get paired with the occational whale who doesn't GAC much. Live with it ...
  • Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

Well, there are not 100% f2p players in K1. That says everything.
  • Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

Calvin awesome takes offense to that.

He is the exception not the rule. But it's not all krackens. Plenty of people that spend little on this game can do very well and be competitive in top k2-bottom mid of k1.

I have 40 lvl9 DC, and outside of crystals don't spend a cent on them and haven't bought crystals in at least a year and a half (last vault was to 7* profundity D1), and essentially for the past year I've spend on the conquest pass and light speed bundles, and have been top 200 GAC as of the end of last 5v5. I agree it is very much not a p2w area, as people who have clearly spent way more than me, I find much easier than the people that have clearly spent way less than me.
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

It doesn't because it's not true.
  • Options
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

If someone decides to kraken out on DCs and the DC set is 'worth it' (like set11 with thr high defense%; current set12 is garbage ) he'll sky rocket the ladder if he 1) has a solid roster to work with and 2) he's not a total ****.

You need to define what is winning before you can make claims about pay to win. i.e. if two F2P accounts face off in GAC, one will win. Or say 7 F2P accounts are grouped together for a weekly event, there is no p2w involved. Or say an f2p account plays a p2W account and the f2p account wins. These are all reasonable examples of match ups in GAC where f2p wins. But I suspect your definition of winning is something else.

I guarantee you that thousands upon thousands of f2p accounts win during every GAC event. The whole p2w argument is illogical if you don't define winning.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    rickertron wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Pay to win game bro

Not true sis

Well, GAC is pay to win.

So no, GAC is not P2W.

You need to define what is winning before you can make claims about pay to win. i.e. if two F2P accounts face off in GAC, one will win. Or say 7 F2P accounts are grouped together for a weekly event, there is no p2w involved. Or say an f2p account plays a p2W account and the f2p account wins. These are all reasonable examples of match ups in GAC where f2p wins. But I suspect your definition of winning is something else.

I guarantee you that thousands upon thousands of f2p accounts win during every GAC event. The whole p2w argument is illogical if you don't define winning.

this is why i have always said there is not pay 2 win in this game, there is pay 2 play sure, even that really doesn't matter, some who buy everything don't really play that hard (or we wouldn't have these threads every new GA season)