Do you enjoy playing Conquest?

Replies

• Options
    It challenges my schedule more than my roster.

Absolutely this.

Not only it’s too time consuming, it also requires too much attention, need to do this and that at specific time, like another battle soon after specific teams replenished their energy etc

Feels more a burden
  • Options
    i enjoyed it this time around, ig it helps if u do good
  • Options
    No. It used to be better, but now it’s to grindy and I dread it. I’m zero percent tempted to ever buy the pass too.
  • Options
    No, Barris Offee just hit 157 times in a row NON STOP. I attacked 1 time with S.E.E. then that was it she took over and attacked the rest of 4:45. 1 hit in 5 minutes and the rest of the time she attacked NON FREAKEN STOP
  • Options
    no
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No. Completely ruined the game mode. I’ve given up the idea of unlocking the toons they release through there. I sim battles to get the first chest and that’s enough.
  • E3P0
    110 posts Member
    Options
    I enjoy many of the puzzle-solving aspects (path planning, drafting discs to build a combo, splitting roster effectively when hitting low stamina, cheesing feats).

I do not enjoy the time management aspects (the long grind, tracking energy and stamina, scheduling conflicts/overlaps with other events like TB/GAC, super high-count or overly specific feats).

On the whole, I'd say it's mostly a wash for me. I certainly am far more happy spending time doing Conquest battles than I am raiding, fighting in TW, or playing the slot machine mini-games of mod/datacron upgrading.
  • Options
    Conquest is quite painful, but It would be great without the energy. Just keep the stamina. It's already time consuming, why bother waiting for the energy to be replenished. It should be a roaster event, not a grind (imo).
  • Options
    Conquest is quite painful, but It would be great without the energy. Just keep the stamina. It's already time consuming, why bother waiting for the energy to be replenished. It should be a roaster event, not a grind (imo).

Without an energy requirement, everyone would have max L9 datacrons and materials because everyone would constantly sim each reward node.

It's supposed to be a grind that costs "something" while also demotivating you to want to do it for max rewards.
  • Options
    I wait for the day when 3*ed battle nodes would be simmable.
    Hope that makes faster and easier.
  • Options
    rbkrish69 wrote: »

That won't happen for very obvious reasons in that this would allow us to essentially ignore stamina drain for win X battles with Y faction etc.
  • Options
    No worst game mode ive ever played on any game.
  • Options
    Yes-ish...

Disregarding the shear tediousness that is intentionally implemented to make it harder. The biggest problem I personally see with conquest is the uncertainty of data disks. Usually with the amount of disks that are offered to you, 9 nodes per sector at 3 disks per node (135 total by the end of sector 5), you have a lot of possibility to get something that is usable even if you need to struggle to the later sectors. But from what I can tell, there is no accounting for duplicates or for disks that haven't shown themselves at all.

If CG made it so that disks that hadn't shown up more likely to appear the longer they do not show up I think it would be a great improvement that wouldn't compromise the tediousness of conquest. As someone who has unlocked every conquest unit on initial release, I generally know which disks are worthwhile and which aren't. But playing conquest and seeing the same crappy disks over and over and over actively pushes me away from spending crystals in conquest. For example, this round, I have not seen the following disks at all by sector 4 center area: Volatile Accelerator, Voluntary Vanguard, any purple disks (this one is pretty common).

I have seen more caustic emissions than I care to think about (only 1 blue, 2 green, and a TON of white). But these are pretty useless if you don't have thermal exhaust (which I saw 1 of and it was white so also not that useful).

Sorry for the rant but this conquest round is really eating me. What are everyone's thoughts on the implementation of unseen disks?
  • babylonfallen3
    130 posts Member
    edited January 25
    Options
    What's a good team to beat the sector 2 boss, my galactic legend squads couldn't even get a turn.

Edited: just beat it with darth revan squad and r9 darth bane addition
  • StarSon
    7465 posts Member
    Options

That won't happen for very obvious reasons in that this would allow us to essentially ignore stamina drain for win X battles with Y faction etc.

1. We already have the sim option for bonus nodes
    2. Simming does not provide progress on any feats
    3. If they, for some strange reason, add simming to the other nodes, this would also not provide progress on feats
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

1. We already have the sim option for bonus nodes
    2. Simming does not provide progress on any feats
    3. If they, for some strange reason, add simming to the other nodes, this would also not provide progress on feats

Yes, I know that was the entire point of my reply....what part of "it won't happen for very obvious reasons" don't you understand?

Perhaps read what I was responding too first before replying.....

• Options
    Everybody has their least favorite mode or enjoy other modes. I know people who love TW but hate TB. Vice versa as well, some people in my guild likes conquest.

I enjoy conquest when I don't have a hectic work week and not going to college. Right now though I work 37 hours a week, have a child and taking classes for the next 4 months so conquest is a drag currently.
  • Options
    The bigger problem is, they add such ridiculous expectations to it, then add out of control silliness thinking it'll be "fun and challenging!" when it just means they've done something absolutely stupid. For example, CLS the boss in sector 3 that not only gets excessive stat boosts, but also takes 3, 4, 5, 6 "bonus attacks" for every attack he does after he's alone. So yay, even if you send in GL Reva and the inquisitors, he'll wipe the entire team solo because they have him so overtuned. (not that the rest of the team isn't overpowered on top of that.)

BUT, because the limited testing they do in the game is done with their 15 mil GP God account, the plausible deniability of it is, "well we tested it on auto 3 times and it worked fine!" and we get unfun garbage like this to deal with.

Take away some of the rewards, go back to the original release, and give us the FUN version of conquest again because this current version still sucks.
  • Options
    Yes-ish...

Disregarding the shear tediousness that is intentionally implemented to make it harder. The biggest problem I personally see with conquest is the uncertainty of data disks. Usually with the amount of disks that are offered to you, 9 nodes per sector at 3 disks per node (135 total by the end of sector 5), you have a lot of possibility to get something that is usable even if you need to struggle to the later sectors. But from what I can tell, there is no accounting for duplicates or for disks that haven't shown themselves at all.

If CG made it so that disks that hadn't shown up more likely to appear the longer they do not show up I think it would be a great improvement that wouldn't compromise the tediousness of conquest. As someone who has unlocked every conquest unit on initial release, I generally know which disks are worthwhile and which aren't. But playing conquest and seeing the same crappy disks over and over and over actively pushes me away from spending crystals in conquest. For example, this round, I have not seen the following disks at all by sector 4 center area: Volatile Accelerator, Voluntary Vanguard, any purple disks (this one is pretty common).

I have seen more caustic emissions than I care to think about (only 1 blue, 2 green, and a TON of white). But these are pretty useless if you don't have thermal exhaust (which I saw 1 of and it was white so also not that useful).

Sorry for the rant but this conquest round is really eating me. What are everyone's thoughts on the implementation of unseen disks?

You don't have to have Thermal Exhaust for CE's to be effective. A couple of Amplified Agonies can do wonders too.

To your general point, the uncertainty of disks is about the biggest variable in a conquest. Without it, the tediousness everyone hates so much can only be worse.

I'm sure everyone has a favorite stack, but the uncertainty makes the ability to adapt as important as the luck to find the "right" disks.
  • Options
    The first conquest i cleared was easy, and the boss was Crosshair, which was fun, but overall, i think conquest is kind of boring, especially when there’s conquest trials.
  • Options
    an idea i have is get ride of conquest, then make the conquest character shards available in guild shop
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone has a favorite stack, but the uncertainty makes the ability to adapt as important as the luck to find the "right" disks.
    Made worse when your favorite content creators post nifty cheese videos for several feats ("get it in 1 Battle!") which all seem to start with "first equip your Voluntary Vanguard...". And no advice if your Conquest didn't have one at all.
  • Options
    To those with data disk troubles, I grab the blindside, stacking fevor, and whatever the double out of turn attack one is, and I stomp a lot of things with geos and Phoenrex
    I still am at easy difficulty though, but that's my take
  • Options
    Conquest difficulty on the bosses is absolutely insane this time. What have they done? It's just stupid
  • Options
    No
  • TVF
    36625 posts Member
    Options
    Conquest difficulty on the bosses is absolutely insane this time. What have they done? It's just stupid

nothing changed
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH