Concerning Content Drought

Prev1
So far, 2024's content as been lackluster. Save for a new ship to round out the Resistance Fleet, there's been nothing at all.

Replies

• Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    noddb6gvace6.jpg
  • Options
    This cant be serious
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    noddb6gvace6.jpg

How?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    This cant be serious

Why wouldn’t it be?
  • Options
    Its been one month, how much stuff do we expect to come out by now?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Dry January?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2941 posts Member
    Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Its been one month, how much stuff do we expect to come out by now?

Just because you are happy with the content, or lack there of, doesn’t make the OP’s wish for more unreasonable.
    This is a 2 billion dollar game….lack of content should NEVER be a thought for the community to have, yet we get it all the time.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    Options
    I've got plenty
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    My guy you trying to sound like whale that has everything unlocked, yet you just asked for help because you couldnt do the tier 6 event of Rey, there is more then enough content in the game
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    There is a Road Ahead coming, so some content is probably planned. Whether it will be something substantial remains to be seen, though.
  • Options
    Maybe their saving the good stuff for summer,
    Y'know kids with money to burn
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    if you want more time to play this game, don't do the speeder bike raid on auto
  • Options
    I do get the posters point, we had 29 characters and ships last year and 1 out of our 12 months has gone with only 1 new addition. But I do think that is because of bigger changes that will change a game mode are coming in
  • Options
    As far as I remember January has always been pretty quiet, but I'm hoping for some announcement soon
  • Options
    I don't mind it as it gives me more time to catch-up on all the stuff that I've been behind on.
  • Options
    if you want more time to play this game, don't do the speeder bike raid on auto

Never
  • Options
    They take Christmas off every year, this results in a relatively quiet January every year. I guess it’s fine to complain about, people will whine about most things, but calling it a drought is just unnecessarily hyperbolic.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    They take Christmas off every year, this results in a relatively quiet January every year. I guess it’s fine to complain about, people will whine about most things, but calling it a drought is just unnecessarily hyperbolic.

There wasn't much new stuff lately in general, not just in January. A bunch of characters, a raid that got quickly solved to the point where a bot tells you what teams to use, and not much else. All in all, not much to be excited about for a veteran player. Pretty much only long term goal I have left is ROTE, and that depends on the rest of the guild.
  • Options
    I agree with the OP. We should of at least gotten a "Road Ahead" to wet our taste buds with QOL and future faction focuses. However, as a kraken, I am always ok with spending breaks... haha
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Dawnsinger
    147 posts Member
    edited February 6
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Dawnsinger wrote: »

There wasn't much new stuff lately in general, not just in January. A bunch of characters, a raid that got quickly solved to the point where a bot tells you what teams to use, and not much else. All in all, not much to be excited about for a veteran player. Pretty much only long term goal I have left is ROTE, and that depends on the rest of the guild.

A new raid and a new chase character in November/December is a pretty good chunk of content for this game. I get not liking the raid that much, I’m sure it’s not all that exciting for everyone, but saying we didn’t get much in the months prior to January simply isn’t true. It’s a busy couple months compared to the normal rate of content.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    GRANDOLA wrote: »
    I do get the posters point, we had 29 characters and ships last year and 1 out of our 12 months has gone with only 1 new addition. But I do think that is because of bigger changes that will change a game mode are coming in

yeah i do think the same

There will be less releases this year as last year because they will be working on a new raid (i think they said a switch every 8-ish months?) and then i think they will rework TW as its the only game mode that hasn't had a rework recently (they touched conquest, TB, Raids recently)

After that we might see a new game mode or GAC gets changed / refined but i think they will introduce planet / faction modifiers in TW as a testing ground first
  • Options

yeah i do think the same

There will be less releases this year as last year because they will be working on a new raid (i think they said a switch every 8-ish months?) and then i think they will rework TW as its the only game mode that hasn't had a rework recently (they touched conquest, TB, Raids recently)

After that we might see a new game mode or GAC gets changed / refined but i think they will introduce planet / faction modifiers in TW as a testing ground first

A new raid that isn't tied to a new GL. Yeah press X to doubt.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options

yeah i do think the same

i didn't say we are getting a new raid without a new GL nor am i saying we will get a new raid with a new GL

so its weird thing to quote me on
  • Options

yeah i do think the same

Could be a ship raid, maybe with a new Capital ship or GL level ship instead of a GL character. But they said we’d get a new raid 8-9 months after Endor.
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    Options

yeah i do think the same

They already had those.
  • Options

yeah i do think the same

There is not reason at all that the next raid cant have the top team be tied to a different chase JG unit. Like a summer raid could have the top team be the May/June legendary ala Grand Inquisitor or Jedi Cal. They can make the raid mechanics turn any faction or unit into the easiest means for max scores.
  • Options
    It’s because everybody developing is on vacation for the holidays so there is nothing ready to release for January as a result because end of December beginning of January nothing got done.

It does suck to wait through though the game gets stale quickly. You would think they would have had some LSB ready to inject some interest in the game without needing to develope new things.
  • Options
    Content being released now was probably developed 3-6 months ago minimum. I'd hang in as it looks like a lot of new separatist stuff is coming. TB already takes 60m+ of the same.missions evey two weeks , so I'd prefer changing that than something new on top , but I fully expect to be disappointed.
  • Options
    Stap "absolutely not"
    un-droughts your drought
  • Options
    Maybe a lot of content relating to 'The Phantom Menace' starting with the STAP; we could also expect Gungans, Captain Panaka, OOM-9, B1 Security Battle Droid, N-1 Naboo Starfighter, Padawan Kenobi and Jedi Master Dooku.