Can anyone give me a good reason for 3v3 existing??

Prev13
It is half of the most important game mode and is literally no where else. Not in TB, not in TW. Kits are made and built around 5v5 excluding one after thought of an omicron and a dual use omicron. Is there a genuinely good reason for 3v3 to exist in a 5v5 game. Don't just shill with "it's here to stay, deal with it" that's not what I'm asking. Also why does it have to be implemented in such a terrible way? I don't know of any other game that rotates the most important game mode the way swgoh rotates 5v5 and 3v3 gac.

Replies

• Options
    it breaks up the monotony of just having 5v5s.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    Because it wasn't always the "most important" mode, and it's great for adding some more strategy and creativity to the game. Every single battle we do everywhere else is 5v5(as you said) but it gets pretty routine. 3v3 forces you to make some decisions and come up with new strategies. I didn't like it at first but now after years, find it a nice change.
  • Options
    Yes.
  • Options
    I don't like 3v3, but some people do; it's fun for them.

With the squish change, I can really slack in 3v3 now, which gives me a much needed break to recharge. 2 years ago, I wouldn't have wanted this, but now I do <shrug>

Some toons are vastly more impactful in one mode vs the other. Those that wish to master both must develop their rosters more than they would if it was only 5v5. CG surely sees that as a benefit.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Yes.

Nice troll.

I believe the problem with 3v3 is the fact, as the op stated, it’s nowhere else in the game. I think a sandbox, which many people have asked for, would help with this. I don’t like my crystal income tied to something I don’t get to use elsewhere.
  • Options
    To give 3v3 omicrons a reason to exist? And make you question whos the donut puncher who approved of [3v3 only] or [5v5 only] crons post-Old Rex who gets 2 different crons in 1.

Cuz as of now we have 4 classes of GAC omis
    GAC general, 3v3 only, 5v5 only and the Cap Rex.
    You'd think they would have revisited the other ones, but a reminder that Moff Gideon zeta lead (only works if specyfic homies and there is 5 of them) had to wait till Starkiller got out and it was a few days before 3v3 to have both of these dudes to have their zeta/omis made 3v3 friendly.

Just makes you question sanity at the helm, but who gives a flying banta? I'm done with this bare minimum game.
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.

Agreed
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Because it generates an endless supply of delicious, nutritious hater tears
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    Just to annoy the population. My god, I’ve never spent much time on pvp. It’s not my cup of tea but the anti 3v3 obsession in the forums is so over the top. It’s either 54 or 63 matches a year and even the tiniest understanding of kits will allow you to adjust. It’s fair to everyone because we’re all in the same boat. Get over it and try to enjoy it.
  • Options
    I'd be careful with the "it's not in any other mode" line of argument. There are two ways, in opposite directions, for CG to resolve that "issue". :D
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Ships aren't in conquest. Get rid of ships.
  • Options
    It also opens up opportunities for multiple forum threads just like this every season.
  • Options
    Yes, I agree it's very arbitrary.

They should randomly just set it to 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6 or 7v7 instead, at the start of every season, to make it more interesting.
  • Options
    Yes. Also add 4v4. :)
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Yes.

Agreed

My stance is ...

Upside-down triangle
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »
    Yes.

Agreed

My stance is ...

Upside-down triangle

Trolls attract other trolls. Add something to the topic perhaps?
  • Options
    If they added a sandbox mode the mode would be more enjoyable
  • Options
    Isn't 3v3 in omega battles?
  • Options
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    Enjoy

Nuh uh
  • Options
    we have had 3v3 galactic challenges in the past. its was maybe 2-3 max but we had them, and they could always return. i believe it was tusken challenges before we got the other 2.
  • Options
    It's better than 5v5 because it makes you think.
  • Options
    Easy, different metas
  • Options
    3 vs 3 and the general speed of game progression is going to kill the game. 3 vs 3 is just lazy on CG’s part. Instead of making real content they just tweaked a different game mode in a way that didn’t make sense to try and pass it off as content. The second major issue is the game is essentially paywalled behind the hyperdrive bundle and LSB for new players. You could play the game strict F2P for 10 years and you still wouldn’t be able to put any pressure on the accounts at the top. Basically the player base can only shrink unless they put meaningful F2P catch up mechanisms in place for new accounts.
  • TVF
    36639 posts Member
    Options
    Everything new killed the game
  • Options

Technically as time goes on everything gets closer to dying, so yes
  • Options
    Ranzono wrote: »

Technically as time goes on everything gets closer to dying, so yes

The immortal jellyfish:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Options
    I would love to see 3v3 go. I honestly hate it! I understand my opinion isn't the only one and that people like 3v3... fine. All I want at this point is the option to choose 3v3 or 5v5. That shouldn't be the end of the world.
  • Options
    3v3 can be great for smaller rosters as in the lower leagues you need less overall characters.
  • Options
    One reason we like it is because you dont.
  • Options
    One reason we like it is because you dont.

Really? Same question to those that Liked the post. Just seems a weird reason to like something.