So... any news on Jedi Knight Cal event?

Replies

• Options
    Mohrg wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fESAzAhSGE8

Scrybe seems to think he is coming back

December was the month for jkck reqs. And we all saw how that went. I thought late Jan maybe mid Feb at worst, would be the date of the event, but as we all see we only get Bo Katan as a monthly regular. Someone more provocative than I am would say that pushing a pricy character so much would rightfully infuriate the fans. And yes I get it whales pay the bills. I know. BUT. As you all saw when the bundles are in the right place for everyone, even f2p players will pay. Yes, Bo pays them right now. But that doesn't mean that we can't have an event of a character for more than 2 times in almost a year.

My point is that whales don't care about when the event will go live. As soon as any event goes live, they are ready with their credid cards stand by to unlock the character asap. The f2p players and the majority of this game will never whale for thousands no matter how good a character is. We will wait for the event to come, and in the meantime we will prepare the toons for it. Be it available any time, or a 2 times per year event matters not to the f2p player.

So how about stopping this childish behaviour and thank the little guys that support this game by playing every single day and keeping it alive by making not-so-costly events more frequent, because 1000 or 5000 maybe individuals cannot make up for the hundreds of thousands that make this game worthwhile.

my humble 2 cents on the matter
  • Options
    I think the largest problem that the vocal majority is having, is the lack of communication. If they (CG) want to do the event 2x a year (every 6 months), that's totally fine. And I would assume 90% of the players that don't have him, would be ok with it. But, the issue is, CG isn't saying anything about when it will/may return. People have been asking for months now, and the best we get is "I will tell them" or "we will look into it". Well, they 'looked into it', what do they find out? If they would just give an idea of timing, it would pacify most people. People are asking "for" the event, as much as they are asking "when" the event.
  • Options
    How long until Cal's event returns?
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Ganmiri wrote: »
    I think the largest problem that the vocal majority is having, is the lack of communication.

This has been a problem for the entire length of the game. At various times they have tried to increase communication, but they never stick with it. It's unfortunate, but it's just how things are with this company.
  • makoamagana
    122 posts Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    Cal Kestis Event waiting log
    day 125: I can’t believe it’s been 125 days since the last event. I have survived on my own, relying on a mix of Doritos and Red Bull to keep me sated and senses attuned to any CG communication regarding this event. I’ve faced numerous challenges, from facing overpowered GAC opponents to dealing with the monotony of existing one day at a time with nothing more than a one sentence response from CG. Looking back I realize that waiting this long hasn’t been a curse, but a blessing. I’ve discovered a newfound resilience and depth to to my connection with the holographic game model of Cal Kestis not unlocked. I’ll carry these experiences with me always, and I am ready to face whatever galactic challenges CG throws at me except the Jawas vs Empire. May the force be with anyone who reads this.
  • Options
    Yeah. I don't mean to knock @CG_Tusken_Meathead -- I'm sure it's more about how CG uses Tusken rather than Tusken's work ethic -- but it's hard to see the 40 hours of "community management" with the level of communication we get.

I agree it's been better and worse. I also think the community brought some of this on itself with how we have sometimes treated others who wanted to communicate with the player base. We can make this a thankless job. (Y'know, so DON'T -- be nice to the CG employees willing to show up.)

Even so, I'd like to see more of Tusken around. Even if it was more on other platforms (which is a bit weird, since this is the official forum), people here link those things and bring info back from Discord and Reddit. I doubt it would take 10 minutes for an announcement of a return date for JKCK on Reddit to make it back to here.

I don't know what they're doing with you, Tusken, but we like having you around and some of us will remember our manners and thank you when you drop by. So... don't be a stranger?

I mean, it's clear that CG limits how much you can say and on what topics, but even if you just posted a monthly, "Look what I did on my personal account!" with a couple screen shots, we could see you playing the game, we could congratulate you and maybe post whatever we're most proud of from the last 30 days, and then relationships and good will might improve even when you're not allowed to give us the answers that we're most dying for. A community manager should have a foot in each world, the company's and the community's. We understand you've got responsibilities and loyalties to CG. They pay for your health care and Skittles, after all. But watching you progress in the game would let some of the people here that have a hard time empathizing with CG employees see that y'all really do play, and that at least on some things, we really are all in it together.

So what say you? Join the community a little more? What's your GP? Win any difficult battles in GAC recently? Have you 3-starred CT3 of Secrets & Shadows yet?

I promise -- some of us don't bite, and friendly relationships allow you to let us down a little easier when people are stressed about the latest analog of JKCK.
  • Options
    Yeah. I don't mean to knock @CG_Tusken_Meathead -- I'm sure it's more about how CG uses Tusken rather than Tusken's work ethic -- but it's hard to see the 40 hours of "community management" with the level of communication we get.

I agree it's been better and worse. I also think the community brought some of this on itself with how we have sometimes treated others who wanted to communicate with the player base. We can make this a thankless job. (Y'know, so DON'T -- be nice to the CG employees willing to show up.)

Even so, I'd like to see more of Tusken around. Even if it was more on other platforms (which is a bit weird, since this is the official forum), people here link those things and bring info back from Discord and Reddit. I doubt it would take 10 minutes for an announcement of a return date for JKCK on Reddit to make it back to here.

I don't know what they're doing with you, Tusken, but we like having you around and some of us will remember our manners and thank you when you drop by. So... don't be a stranger?

I mean, it's clear that CG limits how much you can say and on what topics, but even if you just posted a monthly, "Look what I did on my personal account!" with a couple screen shots, we could see you playing the game, we could congratulate you and maybe post whatever we're most proud of from the last 30 days, and then relationships and good will might improve even when you're not allowed to give us the answers that we're most dying for. A community manager should have a foot in each world, the company's and the community's. We understand you've got responsibilities and loyalties to CG. They pay for your health care and Skittles, after all. But watching you progress in the game would let some of the people here that have a hard time empathizing with CG employees see that y'all really do play, and that at least on some things, we really are all in it together.

So what say you? Join the community a little more? What's your GP? Win any difficult battles in GAC recently? Have you 3-starred CT3 of Secrets & Shadows yet?

I promise -- some of us don't bite, and friendly relationships allow you to let us down a little easier when people are stressed about the latest analog of JKCK.

Well said!
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    if you want to see him and other platforms are ok, he's on the events discord quite frequently
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

I personally really enjoyed the content creator interviews crumb used to do. Quite a bit of dialogue was based around these topics!

I always tuned into those and that seemed like a good place for the community to channel productive dialogue with their major questions or concerns. Even though Crumb was usually limited with what he could say, at least we knew it was on the radar.
  • Lumiya
    1520 posts Member
    Options

I personally really enjoyed the content creator interviews crumb used to do. Quite a bit of dialogue was based around these topics!

I always tuned into those and that seemed like a good place for the community to channel productive dialogue with their major questions or concerns. Even though Crumb was usually limited with what he could say, at least we knew it was on the radar.

Speaking of which: Does anyone know if Crumb is still around? It's been quite a while since I read something from him.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    391 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    soon
  • Options
    soon

"soon™"
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • LastJedi13
    108 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Options
    soon

When will then be now????
    Soon…..
  • Options
    0dzaxtovq2gi.jpeg

• Options
    Bump for a commitment
  • mt875249
    128 posts Member
    edited March 6
    Options
    Just feel like this is a case of meathead not reading the room. Nobody’s laughing here. Everyone is upset. We don’t need looney toons right now.
  • avihas
    254 posts Member
    Options
    I've been working with the team on this one, ill have some information regarding next event soon.

As far as I know the event is completely built already (evident by the event 2 appearance) so there's no more work to be done on it, it's just setting the date and uploading the event on that date.

This is not national security, we're just want to know when the event, which should've been on 3 weeks ago already, so there's no point of hiding it..
  • Options
    but it's hard to see the 40 hours of "community management" with the level of communication we get.

but even if you just posted a monthly, "Look what I did on my personal account!" with a couple screen shots,

Have you 3-starred CT3 of Secrets & Shadows yet?

1. I could be wrong, but, technically wasn't he only doing this PartTime as he had a previous game too?
    That said, I'm not sure I see 10 hours, lol, but I'm sure its a lot more behind the scenes.

2. Good Idea!

3. That's a myth and anyone claiming it is selling fake news :);)
  • Options
    avihas wrote: »
    I've been working with the team on this one, ill have some information regarding next event soon.

As far as I know the event is completely built already (evident by the event 2 appearance) so there's no more work to be done on it, it's just setting the date and uploading the event on that date.

This is not national security, we're just want to know when the event, which should've been on 3 weeks ago already, so there's no point of hiding it..

The thing they have been working on is player angst levels. It's growing, as shown in this thread.

Some players who missed run 2 will now be weary of taking too long for the next thing, and some of those players have disposable income.

It's probably also a great metric for the success of a release, how many times people cry out for a product to return asap.
  • Options
    I can't believe they bring Bo-Katan back yet another time... hillarious...
  • Options
    Bringing back Manda-Bo before Jedi Cal is really kinda a sucker punch to the gut after getting kicked in the nuts.

The worst part is that Jedi Cal is only a Tier 3 Journey Guide event targeted towards players with 1M GP or more. It's not like he's some end game character.
  • Options
    avihas wrote: »

You're right - the event already exists. But if there was no point in hiding it, they wouldn't be hiding it.

I suspect, "working with the team" probably means - "badgering the product coordinator for a date that the information can be shared" - It's surely scheduled already. The people in the know at CG already know when the event will drop. What Meathead is less likely to know is, "when can I tell the community when the event is scheduled?" It's not his call.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Krjstoff
    634 posts Member
    Options
    Come on ... forget about Cal and go get Bo-Katan like CG wants you to. Go.
  • TVF
    36660 posts Member
    Options
    Krjstoff wrote: »
    Come on ... forget about Cal and go get Bo-Katan like CG wants you to. Go.

exactly what i'm doing

ofc i already have cal so
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    For the sake of beating a dead horse, we've now had Bo events running several times since they launched the character in December, but Jedi Cal has only run once (maybe twice) over the course of an entire year...this is getting ridiculous.
  • StarSon
    7477 posts Member
    Options
    Oberon9787 wrote: »
    For the sake of beating a dead horse, we've now had Bo events running several times since they launched the character in December, but Jedi Cal has only run once (maybe twice) over the course of an entire year...this is getting ridiculous.

Ridiculous why? They're completely different events.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    391 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    soon

When will then be now????
    Soon…..

Someone with exquisite movie taste

*Golf clap*
  • Options
    LastJedi13 wrote: »
    soon