Darth Bane Unique Omicron Not Working Fully in GAC

Prev13
CrispyFett
987 posts Member
edited March 7
So Used See & Bane in GAC. Bane has Unique Omi. After he died, SEE was able to be ability blocked. The language in the Omi description is a bit confusing, but most seem to agree the way it reads is that all of the ability persists after his defeat (not just gac portion). I'll submit a bug report. Anyone else experience?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Options
    FYI- this is the EA response I received in relation to the bug report. Doesn't make any sense to me, but maybe someone else here can understand? Not sure how only the portions of the unique which affect Bane, persist after Bane is defeated. Why even have that "persist" sentence in there? If the idea is to replace WAT with Bane, wouldn't those effects (like immune to AB block, CD increase, healing immunity, stun) need to persist for the ally (i.e., intended ally SEE?)

EA Response:

This is working as designed. Only the outlined part of his unique ability persists after Darth Bane is defeated.

When Bane or other ally is defeated: The remaining ally gains 5% Critical Damage, Offense and Potency plus an additional 15% of these stats per the defeated character's Relic Amplifier level until the end of battle
    At the start of battle if there is only one other non-Summon ally present and they are Sith:

- Bane gains 75% Mastery, Max Health, and Max Protection
    - Whenever an enemy is defeated, Bane gains 10% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle
    - At the start of battle, Bane takes a bonus turn

These effects persist if Bane is defeated.
  • StarSon
    7472 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah doesn't make sense. Either the entire unique should be persisting, or it's a completely useless (and misleading) sentence.
  • Options
    Some more (attempted) clarification from EA below. Still doesn't seem correct to me. Maybe they intend on creating a Sith that can ressurect, so if Bane is defeated, then gets rezzed, his earlier stat increases are still in effect? Dunno

@CG_Tusken_Meathead can you shed any insight here, or run this past the dev crew? Just doesn't make sense that only the omicron portions of the Unique which only affect Bane would persists after Bane is defeated

Last EA Post

EA_Gunner
    Because unique ability effects clean up once the unit is defeated. unless it's noted in the ability description:

When Bane or other ally is defeated: The remaining ally gains 5% Critical Damage, Offense and Potency plus an additional 15% of these stats per the defeated character's Relic Amplifier level until the end of battle.

This also applies to his Omicron effect, because it is noted in the description:

These effects persist if Bane is defeated.

But this only applies to his additional effects added by the omicron upgrade. Not to all effect in the unique ability description.

While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle if there is only one other non-Summon ally present and they are Sith:

- Whenever an enemy is defeated, Bane gains 10% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle

The rest of his unique ability effects no longer apply because Bane is defeated.
  • Options
    CG is going to need to refund lots of Omicrons if this is their stance on how it works because it doesn’t work as it reads. The way it reads shows that all the effects persist after defeat. If that’s how it reads, that’s how it should work.
  • Options
    I'm just kinda stunned that Bane died. SEE/Bane is a complete monster duo. Maybe vs. JMK with CAT's force leap? But if so that's a bad choice by the player. JMK has always been intended to counter SEE and he does a great job at it.

I only took Bane to r5 b/c I'm working on some TB squads that need my r7/r8 mats right now. Even at r5 I took him in against a mostly-r8 JML squad and his opening AoE killed JKR and did massive damage to everyone else. SEE raced to Ult as intended, and the whole battle was over in 50 seconds even with stopping to read ability descriptions. Full banners. Easy peasy. Bane + random low-power Sith also destroys LV. I can't imagine that the two don't also nukulate Leia and Jabba as well.

Take those two against any high-power squad other than JMK and use JMK counters against JMK. You'll thank me for it later.

Bane is good value as he is. No need for changes or refunds.
  • Options
    I'm just kinda stunned that Bane died. SEE/Bane is a complete monster duo. Maybe vs. JMK with CAT's force leap? But if so that's a bad choice by the player. JMK has always been intended to counter SEE and he does a great job at it.

I only took Bane to r5 b/c I'm working on some TB squads that need my r7/r8 mats right now. Even at r5 I took him in against a mostly-r8 JML squad and his opening AoE killed JKR and did massive damage to everyone else. SEE raced to Ult as intended, and the whole battle was over in 50 seconds even with stopping to read ability descriptions. Full banners. Easy peasy. Bane + random low-power Sith also destroys LV. I can't imagine that the two don't also nukulate Leia and Jabba as well.

Take those two against any high-power squad other than JMK and use JMK counters against JMK. You'll thank me for it later.

I agree that he is awesome. I'm trying to understand his abilities so that I know what to expect when I battle with him. As it stands now, his Unique Omicron ability description is flawed. I'm looking for an official response as to whether his kit is not WAI (which I hope, as a fix will only improve his usefulness!), or that the language about "persisting" is superfluous and can be ignored (which is fine also I guess)
  • Options

Don’t use him against DTMG and his DC. I tried and I got absolutely annihilated. Idk if something just isn’t working properly with his kit or if it’s just a bad matchup. Also, he is great but it his kit says one thing but is functioning as another when this was brought up to CG weeks ago and yet they did nothing to alter the wording of his kit or fix a bug, then there’s a problem. Bugs happen, an no materials need be returned but a fix should be expected rather promptly.

If the kit says one thing but does another and is WAI, then the longer things don’t change the more reasonable and necessary a return of the omicron materials should be. There also needs to be a look into why these things keep happening with wording and kit explanation. This is becoming more common as time goes on which is not good at all.

That being said, Bane with SEE is going to be very fun to roll on offense.
  • TargetEadu
    1597 posts Member
    Options
    If it is Working As Intended, then the line in his Omicron about the effects persisting should be removed. Other characters with self-buffing Unique abilities don’t lose their own boosts when they are defeated and revived (for example, all of Asajj’s ramping). That’s how Uniques work. There’s no point in calling out that it persists when the Omicron only affects Bane anyway (and also both Bane and SEE lead block allied revives).

And I think it should persist. It won’t affect the Bane+1 comps much, because Bane is usually the survivor, and it helps Bane actually be a direct upgrade to Wat as a SEE lifter, because Wat’s techs are persisting buffs.
  • crzydroid
    7357 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think what they're saying is that the the stat boosts for the remaining ally on death get applied even the killed unit is Bane.

But that still does not make sense, because A)Fives doesn't have that language and his boosts to others persist after death, and B)That text you quoted about the other ally is in a pre-omicron block as part of a list with all the other effects. So they either need to get rid of that line, mass rewrite the whole thing, or actually fix it.
  • Ultra
    11538 posts Moderator
    Options
    Basically,

Either its not working WAI or its WAI but text description needs to be updated to reflect it and the current text does a poor job of describing how its suppose to work
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    390 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    I've made a note for this with the team.
  • scuba
    14078 posts Member
    Options
    It is bugged or support has no idea what they are talking about

None of this matters if Bane is defeated
    When Bane or other ally is defeated: The remaining ally gains 5% Critical Damage, Offense and Potency plus an additional 15% of these stats per the defeated character's Relic Amplifier level until the end of battle

While in Grand Arenas: At the start of battle if there is only one other non-Summon ally present and they are Sith:

So the statement:
    These effects persist if Bane is defeated
    Doesn't matter for that entire portion of his ability

So that only leaves
    they gain an additional 2% Ultimate Charge, and the following effects occur for Bane and other Sith ally:

- Immune to Ability Block, Cooldown Increase, Healing Immunity, Stun, and Turn Meter reduction
    - Gain 75% Max Health
    - Gain 75% Max Protection until the first time they are defeated
    - Ignore Taunt effects
    - At the start of their turn, recover 35% Protection and dispel all debuffs on themselves

• Options
    I've made a note for this with the team.

thanks Meathead!
  • Options
    I love it when Meathead and other CG folk pop in just to drop short messages like this. It makes everyone feel better to know that they're being heard.
  • Options
    It is nice! And nice to hear with an update so soon. I think I said so on the Discord, but thanks!

Wish the update was making the ability persist instead of just updating the text to match it not persisting, but better weaker than misleading.

And Bane’s still great. Just slightly less so vs JMK.
  • Options
    So there is the official answer. Bane is not the SEE lifter everyone thought. Wat remains SEE's babysitter.

Bane uses whatever sith you have at highest relics with no other use. Until the nerfhammer comes, anyway.
  • Options
    So the official answer is that the kit only works beyond banes demise for just the omicron jump….bane is still going to be amazing with SEE but cmon CG…can you guys please cleanup the kit descriptions on release?
  • Options
    Removing the "These effects persist if Bane is defeated." line warrants a refund of the omicron. It is false advertising. I should not be expected to read code on swgoh.gg to assess whether an ability is worth investing an omicron in.
  • Cthejay
    26 posts Member
    Options
    So they are going to remove that part about persisting after bane is defeated because it was only including the omicron stats... Makes no sense because the added stats were ONLY FOR BANE. I think they fully intended for all of the unique to pass to the leftover and it's just easier to remove the sentence than fix it.
  • Options
    Cthejay wrote: »
    So they are going to remove that part about persisting after bane is defeated because it was only including the omicron stats... Makes no sense because the added stats were ONLY FOR BANE. I think they fully intended for all of the unique to pass to the leftover and it's just easier to remove the sentence than fix it.

Agree. While I'm happy they quickly communicated and looked into this, I still think they intended the whole ability to persist after his death, which is why he was touted as a replacement for Wat with SEE. I think they just don't feel like fixing it (or cant). it just doesn't make sense otherwise to have that sentence at the end. Bane is still amazing even without that, but imagine what he could have been! oh well, now at least I know
  • Vendi1983
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Exactly. I thought the whole point was the GAC omicron allowing the debuff immunities to persist would replicate Tank Tech.
  • Options
    So only the omi effects persist. And the omi effects are all bane specific. So how do they persist?

It’s misleading at best. In reality, it’s utter cluelessness (NOT of the users)
  • BummerFatt
    2 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    I mean, you can try to sell us on the whole “working as intended” thing, but we’re not buying it. All of Bane’s bonuses persist on his death.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Whatelse73
    2193 posts Member
    Options
    How many more "mistakes" are there in Bane's kit by the way? Or are you still waiting for us to find any others for you? (I've just watched a couple of videos and it seems there are a couple more, at least.)

And basically, you're changing something that wasn't an omicron piece to being an omicron piece, but how did you miss such a significantly important thing in his kit?

How you haven't restarted your beta program to get a few players to help you with this kind of stuff is beyond me. Look back at how many bugs there were during that stage as compared to now. Quality assurance and control still isn't a big deal huh? Maybe some day.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options
    I really hoped that see plus bane would be good against jmk in gac. But this duo is not good. Bane dies, see is loosing health, protection, can be debuffed, so we have the same situation we had before bane.
    See can still beat jmk but not with his lifter.
    So how bane is replacing wat?
    Also i dont think that see is receiving offens bonus when bane dies. In arena against jabba see is hitting 30k as he used to without bane...
    Bane cant dispell foresight, and is missing always against foresight on his 1st special...
    Kind of strange...
  • mariogsh
    791 posts Member
    edited March 8
    Options
    Great! No, no way I'm going to buy that this was "intentional design", basically they already stated it before Bane released that the 100% TM was not working as intended and it was working as a bonus turn instead, and they just updated the text of the ability itself.

I mean, come on CG, don't try to fool us, the ENTIRE omicron affects ONLY Bane, why would we care about the effects that affect Bane will persist after he is defeated? You even hear how ridiculous that sounds? What is the purpose of a DEFEATED character to still have those stats!
    If he is supposed to be SEE lifter, therefore, no revives are intended, therefore, that omicron part is USELESS, and even if the revives are granted, how those help at all?

Even if they refunded the omicron, I would still apply it, that bonus turn is the big deal, but why oversell the ability doing what IS not supposed to do.
  • Options
    I really hoped that see plus bane would be good against jmk in gac.

SEE/Bane is insanely good against almost anything.

However, Sith Lords are JMK's speciality. You would also be upset if SEE/Bane had no counter. JMK is the only squad that I know kills him. Yes, I want the descriptions to be accurate, but so long as they correct the wording, the way things function with Bane & SEE is fine.
  • Gawejn
    1125 posts Member
    Options

However, Sith Lords are JMK's speciality. You would also be upset if SEE/Bane had no counter. JMK is the only squad that I know kills him. Yes, I want the descriptions to be accurate, but so long as they correct the wording, the way things function with Bane & SEE is fine.

See can beat jmk. But not with bane. And bane suposse to be his lifter. That was the idea i think to introduce bane. Not to use bane with r9 sith assasin to solo other teams and see would go still with wat.
    Bane was presented as replacement for wat.
    See could beat almost everything before bane. With wat.
  • mariogsh
    791 posts Member
    Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

See can beat jmk. But not with bane. And bane suposse to be his lifter. That was the idea i think to introduce bane. Not to use bane with r9 sith assasin to solo other teams and see would go still with wat.
    Bane was presented as replacement for wat.
    See could beat almost everything before bane. With wat.

SEE can DEFINITELY beat JMK with Bane
    I've done it on arena, as long as CAT does not instant kill Bane, which on GAC is not going to happen because of the bonus turn and CD increase

The only thing is that the omicron was supposed to counter that little issue on GAC, but now is not happening lol
    Still, I'm counting on that it is very much possible to still do so
    I've not encountered a JMK this first round, so no way to test it, and even so, I don't have the omicron on the special for the 2 turn CD, so quite hard for that as well, but will see