Conquest Omicron Survey

Prev1
Is this a joke?

In case the numbers on the 50R-T Omicron weren't clear enough: we don't want Conquest-specific Omicrons! Instead you should do one of the following:

1) Just activate all Omicrons. This seems the less likely, but honestly there's no reason not to do this.

2) Create a Data Disk that activates Omicrons while equipped. This seems incredibly doable and would honestly be worth a 4-Dot cost for some of the Omicrons in the game.

3) A Consumable that activates Omicrons for a couple of battles. This is the worst option, but is certainly the easiest to balance around.

And then you just need to revamp 50R-T's Omicron to be for another game mode (Territory Battle seems to be the best option given the effect/intention) and refund it for those that already have it.

Easy peasy and solves all the problems. You're welcome.

Replies

• Options
    This!
  • Options
    Good ideas. I seriously cannot see devoting any omicron resources to Conquest - they did not ask that in the survey.
  • Options
    I could see a Conquest Omicron being useful in a few circumstances, just not the ones listed so much.

One scenario being an Omicron that decreases the Stamina consumption of a team, for easier climbs through the zones. The other being one that does something similar to JML and lets you get Defeat / Survive feats with plug-and-play characters.

But also, I’m getting to the point where Max Crate is more an investment of time than ingame resources, and I’m not in a TW/TB intensive guild so I don’t know if that changes what becomes worth it.
  • Options
    My response was 1s across the board. The only omicron worth doing, imo, is turn off disk swapping cost. They won’t do it and any omicron created other than that is a waste of dev time.
  • Options
    As one of the **** who applied the sortie omicron (it’s actually really fun to use…) I want the added effects to be good on their own, but my suggestion was that the person with the omicron and anyone on their team only lose half stamina. Not going to invest into a conquest omicron ever again when I can’t even use it half the time from stamina
  • Options
    Every omicron should be a conquest omicron. Allow me to take you to space mountain….

Every single omicron we have, and every future omicron should be mode specific to GAC, or TW, or TB. Then a secondary application should always be conquest. All omicrons should be able to be used in conquest. Given the randomness of feats, it’s not likely to break the game mode. More importantly, if we could have Omicrons all available during conquest it could be a semi sandbox mode where we can test Omicrons against souped up team compositions.

Now that’s styling and profiling!
  • flux_rono
    2120 posts Member
    Options
    DyloBin wrote: »
    2) Create a Data Disk that activates Omicrons while equipped. This seems incredibly doable and would honestly be worth a 4-Dot cost for some of the Omicrons in the game.

Honestly if they were a disk (which i agree with) i see it being a special 5 or 6 star legendary one. (Gold colored).
    I think any/all omi's being active could make most battles pretty easy and thus would have a higher cost to use.

As for my suggestions i had 3 if they choose to do more. (They probably arent great ideas)

1. On a popular plug and play unit. This unit counts as the leaders respective factions. So if Wat had it and was in a LV team, Wat is now: seperatist, Sith, and Empire unit.
    2. At the start of battle X selects target ally, until the end of battle selected ally cannot be defeated until X is defeated. This one would ideally be given to a tank and lets you protect one ally to help with survival feats if you dont have them geared up yet, or helps them live longer to get more kills out if again they arent geared well.
    3. Battles won with this unit (ideally a good plug and play unit for most feats could be cool to combine with suggestion 1) have stanima deductions reduced by 5% for all units. Meaning after a win you have 95% stanima remaining instead of 90%, after 6 wins you have 70% left instead of 40%.
  • Netsug
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, I cannot even begin to fathom what this will do to the already repetitive and time consuming feats…
  • Options
    Conquest being my favorite game mode, I'd gladly invest some omicrons for it - but only if they were 100% guaranteed to be relevant to every conquest.

The first and most important part of a conquest omicron should be, "This character assumes all faction, alignment, and role tags of the character in the leader spot."

Anything that comes after that still has to be meaningful - but if I don't NEED to use droids for a feat then 50RT is useless, as is her omicron.

Help me get the feats done faster so I can get to farming datacrons faster. Make me glad I spent resources on an omicron for conquest - make it worth the investment. Give me some silly overpowered nonsense that's going to make me want to keep playing even after I've already done the 50 crystal refreshes. If I'm going to give up a possible advantage in another game mode to get an advantage in conquest, it's got to be worthwhile.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    I accidentally gave Sortie her Omi. I was tired and somehow thought it was a GAC Omi. Since I have it, I did not once use my Sortie squad in Conquest because other teams do the job better and it seemed not relevant or needed for feats.

This Conquest is the first, where I actually used the squad because of the BB8 feat.

Even if I would have given Sortie the Omi on purpose I would be quite annoyed because it is so niche and quite unnecessary.

I like the idea of activating all Omis in Conquest or having a disk that activates all Omis, but only if it is available to everyone on the usual nodes and not bound to the pass or a feat!

Edit for typo
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

1) Just activate all Omicrons. This seems the less likely, but honestly there's no reason not to do this.

There's plenty of reasons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I responded in saying they should just simplify it to PvE and PvP omicrons
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I accidentally gave Sortie her Omi. I was tired and somehow thought it was a GAC Omi. Since I have it, I did not once use my Sortie squad in Conquest because other teams do the job better and it seemed not relevant or needed for feats.
    Same. I even tried asking for a refund...

• Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options

I also like this idea.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Apologies. There's no GOOD reason not to do this. There's plenty of scummy/money-hungry reasons.
  • Lumiya
    1480 posts Member
    Options
    Screerider wrote: »
    Same. I even tried asking for a refund...

I didn't even try to ask because I somehow was not very hopeful that support would do it/be helpful after reading posts and comments here 😅

You writing you tried means you didn't get the refund?
  • KDC99X
    756 posts Member
    Options
    I also said that if there are any conquest omicrons they should definitely reduce stamina use AND make that character usable in all squads even for feats like all Mandos. Also should make conquest easier/less grindy.

BUT what I like a whole lot more is just activating existing omicrons in conquest via disks. I really honestly can't see myself ever investing in a conquest omicron.
  • Options
    You writing you tried means you didn't get the refund?
    It was a no go.

I remember trying her omicron once and finding it pointless.

• Gawejn
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    After seeing questions i just felt no to even make fun answers...
    Something is wrong about this survey...
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited March 19
    Options

How would that even work? They'd have to nerf the current omis, otherwise you are potentially doubling the power of teams in both PvP modes.
  • Options
    The only way I'm applying a conquest omicron is if it amplifies a feat by a factor of like 50-100. One ability block will count as 50. Kill one b1, counts as 50. And even then might not
  • Options

How would that even work? They'd have to nerf the current omis, otherwise you are potentially doubling the power of teams in both PvP modes.

If you double the power of teams in PvP modes, on both sides, it's at least a neutral change for the participants. There are certainly combinations that would be very good, but if everyone is getting those buffs across the board it's not a competitive balance factor at least.
  • Options

Or not enough.
  • Options

Some of those teams would become insanely strong. Imagine an SK team that had SK’s, Juhani’s, and MJ’s Omicrons all active. Or a Rey defense in GAC with Ben’s, Cal’s, and Fulcrum’s. Or the new GG Stap Omicron with Droideka.

Even without multi-Omicron teams, a sudden surge in defensive team strength is probably not an easy thing to adapt to. More oEmbo Jabba teams in GAC, stronger Malgus teams in TW, etc.
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Some of those teams would become insanely strong. Imagine an SK team that had SK’s, Juhani’s, and MJ’s Omicrons all active. Or a Rey defense in GAC with Ben’s, Cal’s, and Fulcrum’s. Or the new GG Stap Omicron with Droideka.

Even without multi-Omicron teams, a sudden surge in defensive team strength is probably not an easy thing to adapt to. More oEmbo Jabba teams in GAC, stronger Malgus teams in TW, etc.

Everything mentioned sounds awesome, to be honest. Much better than the Datacrons they keep pumping out, in my opinion. But that's just me. I understand the concerns as legitimate.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Fieldgulls wrote: »

Or not enough.

so you want more reasons on top of the existing ones

ok
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Everything mentioned sounds awesome, to be honest. Much better than the Datacrons they keep pumping out, in my opinion. But that's just me. I understand the concerns as legitimate.

It’d be interesting to see, at least. And probably less absurdly broken then other things people would like to see (such as Ally slots for 6-character teams with 2 leader abilities, featuring Finn JTR (Zorii), Malgus DR, Jabba Boba, Leia Mothma, JML Bastila, and many more).

But still up there on the scale of “will be cool but definitely break things”.
  • Options
    The main issue with CQ is time investment. If all CQ microns had an option to significantly reduce the time spent in this game mode, I can see players considering it. There could be a few ways this can be achieved:

1) every win using a CQ omicron toon could award one keycard. this way one could skip on a few feats.

2) a less dramatic option would be every win/buff/debuff using a toon that has a CQ omicron counts twice toward the feat. like one kill with the omicroned toon would count as 2 kills

these time-saving features would be common to all CQ omicron, and in addition, to the toon-specific mechanics the devs had in mind for characters.
  • Options
    I also responded saying they should just make them PVE omicrons. I’m fine with the GAC and TW crons, but there is too few chances to use the PVE omicrons. The raid omis are time limited, TB omis get only a few uses each TB and Conquest omis are only valuable in certain events.

Making the omicrons usable in all three modes would increase their value and might make me consider them more seriously. Having done some TB omicrons and the Boushh omicron, I don’t think they have enough value and I’m not really interested in any more PVE omicrons while they are so limited.
  • Options
    I can red crate each time, so I don't think I'd ever apply a conquest cron. What would it get me? Nothing more than I get right now.

I've seen a few suggestions in this thread around an omicron to make progression faster, but that would mean an ability on a character somehow having an effect outside of the battle part of the game (apart from kills/debuff/dodge type counting being double, which could be counted that way I guess). I don't see them doing anything like different stamina use or keycards or anything else that is not in-battle.

The character not being needed for feats of a future conquest would be another reason to not apply an omicron. So like someone else suggested, the cron making them count as all faction tags could help with that, but I highly doubt they would remove that particular spend incentive that these faction feats create.

I just don't see them adding anything that would make me use an omicron up this way. Not while omicron abilities are so abundant and the material is not, anyway.