Forum Oscars - your nominations

Prev13
Ok - a couple of days left in these forums so it’s time to nominate your all time highlights and lowlights - I’ll get the ball rolling:

Most entertaining thread: Parroty Thread

Most entertaining post: any post that starts “I lent my kid brother my phone and…”

Most consistently helpful poster: has to be @MasterSeedy

Most consistently unhelpful poster: well maybe that would be unkind… but you know who you are

Most inappropriate thread: pretty much all of the culture war themed ones - but they’re also my guiltiest pleasures

Feel free to add your nominations below

Replies

• Options
    Biggest controversy: MalakGate

Best CG mod: Kozi... I mean Meathead!

Worst CG Mod: that one that argued

Most entertainment threads: help me get unbanned
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options

They were the best mod!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Worst Glazing: That one guy with the dog avatar that logged in did weeklies but never upgraded anything and bragged about being able to day one unlock GAS or Malak but he was much worse off than a regular player but he had so many resources people went crazy over him

edward i think was his name-o
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Wed_Santa wrote: »
    Most entertaining thread: Parroty Thread

1000%
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    Most hectic thing to clean up: That time we were bombarded with korean bot posts.

Worst non-bot forum fire: When CG made brand new Beskar Mando a requirement for max crating Galactic Challenges, which resulted in a drive-by spoiling of the end of Mando season 2 for me.

Oldest necro: 7 years
  • TargetEadu
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure of the category, but the time DojaFett accidentally (pretty sure it was actually an accident) spoiled Beskar Mando before he was official certainly was an interesting time.

I’m also curious what the longest thread on the forums is (or for a bit of control, the longest non-pinned / non-closed thread). But that might dredge up something.

Most liked post as well, though perhaps similar issues.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    Best community conspiracy: JKR was actually Mace Windu Rework
  • TargetEadu
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Wasn’t that JKL?

Wouldn’t be that surprising if it happened twice, honestly.
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Wasn’t that JKL?

Wouldn’t be that surprising if it happened twice, honestly.

i guess

it was one of the JK's
  • Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’m also curious what the longest thread on the forums is (or for a bit of control, the longest non-pinned / non-closed thread). But that might dredge up something.m.

Wasn’t that the Ahnald account ban? 107 pages - but maybe there’s been longer?

I like the idea of a Community Manager blooper reel though
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Best forum participation from CG: the recurring Q&A sessions (before they all started to be around graphics and eventually died out) and Crumb’s puzzles.
    Worst dumpster fire: all that hate on Carrie, probably a big reason that CG stopped communicating with the player base on a regular basis.
  • Options
    Forum user with the most "World's First" posts: SOAP
    Worst trolling award: was all the red herring red 5 hints the cm dropped (can't remember if doja or meathead)
  • Ultra
    11509 posts Moderator
    Options
    SOAP should've given the world's first nomination in this thread
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    SOAP should've given the world's first nomination in this thread

It'd br fitting; or if he returned on the 4th at 1159 pt to do the world's last post on the og forums
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    369 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Red 5
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Worst trolling award: was all the red herring red 5 hints the cm dropped (can't remember if doja or meathead)

Well now you have your answer

However you misspelled "Best"
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Worst Glazing: That one guy with the dog avatar that logged in did weeklies but never upgraded anything and bragged about being able to day one unlock GAS or Malak but he was much worse off than a regular player but he had so many resources people went crazy over him

edward i think was his name-o

It was edward, yes. And I had the pleasure of stomping him in GAC once.

EDIT: I think it was a wolf, not a dog.
  • Options
    Worst Update: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/107887#Comment_107887

I nominate TVF to give out the awards under the conditions that he does at least one of them incorrectly
    first order tie pilot
  • Options
    Most useless feature here: reporting cheaters to one man by mess and waiting more months for someone (him or his minions) to ban the cheaters...also a small reminder there were a lot of them in kyber 1 (probably still are and no one cares to clean this up).

Also most expected/forgotten journey event : JKCK - no one gived a frozen dwang to start it in time.
  • Piatz1019
    81 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    My favorite post: when I hit 8,008,135 GP and the beautifully crafted comments that followed

Best post: Guy that was on a train while playing and that helped him cheat
  • Options
    Most missed profile pic: TVF's guy smoking a cigar.
  • Options
    Most entertaining post: any post that starts “I lent my kid brother my phone and…”

Oh, indeed!

Biggest Shill for CG Who Actually Just Disagrees With You: I think this was all of us at one time or another, but TVF has to have gotten this label more than anyone.
  • Options
    My favorite post: when I hit 8,008,135 GP and the beautifully crafted comments that followed

I am sorry I missed that.

Also, a SEVEN YEAR necro? Wow, that must have been a serious lightning storm raging above Dr. Frankenstein's internet lab that day.
  • StarSon
    7447 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

They were the best mod!

I miss Ry. That was a fun weekend.
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options
    telboy007 wrote: »
    Most missed profile pic: TVF's guy smoking a cigar.

Money_in_Vaping.jpg.webp
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

They were the best mod!

I miss Ry. That was a fun weekend.

Right?
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options

Oh, indeed!

Biggest Shill for CG Who Actually Just Disagrees With You: I think this was all of us at one time or another, but TVF has to have gotten this label more than anyone.

The biggest shill is the friends we made along the way.
  • Deathbringer59
    585 posts Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    Best non paid mod: Kyno, you're good Ultra but Kyno really put up with alot of crap throughout the years. Always tried playing the middle stance when he didnt have to

And I truly did like the week with Ry, working retail i sometimes wish i could do what he did, but most of community wouldn't agree.
  • Options
    Member that generates the best novel length content that's actually worth reading: MasterSeedy

Member that holds the record for being banned for typing the fewest characters: TVF

Member(s) that contributes the most tech support for users without being paid by CG: Barbarossa, Scuba

Most fun dumpster fire of a thread: Any thread with conquest in the title in the six months following conquest 1.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • TVF
    36608 posts Member
    Options
    Member that holds the record for being banned for typing the fewest characters: TVF

No