TB bugged?

Replies

• Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Damodamo wrote: »
    It’s day one, easiest stages. Calm

"Easy" is completely subjective. Every guild has a specific TB plan/pathing, and P1 may very well be the hardest phase if a guild is going for 3/3/3 for example, and can't afford to miss out on even a single deploy. So in a phase where potentially every minute counts, losing multiple hours of phase-time can be devastating. So no, no phase can ever universally be called "easiest", since the difficulty may vary from guild to guild.

Regardless of your path, day one is the r5 planets, so it literally is the easiest day. If your preloading or 9*.

I run TB for my guild, day one is a 9* day, I can’t make it better so I’m being calm about it. We still have 20 plus hours.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    As we hit the 3 hour mark, I’ve got some questions:

What seems to be the issue?
    What kind of timeline are we looking at for the fix?
    What kind of compensation are you putting together for the player base on this massive break?
    Should we expect enormous breakdowns in major game modes regularly?
  • Damodamo
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    As we hit the 3 hour mark, I’ve got some questions:

What seems to be the issue?
    What kind of timeline are we looking at for the fix?
    What kind of compensation are you putting together for the player base on this massive break?
    Should we expect enormous breakdowns in major game modes regularly?
    There’s an error report that’s been datamined - it’s to do with the new mando planet.
  • Options
    Now would be a good time for some communication around whether they expect to be up and running soon or may need to scrap it and re-launch tomorrow
  • Options
    This is, indeed, a time-sensitive issue, as we only have 24 hours, at least 6 of which are taken by sleep, and 10 by work..
    So, small window to fix it..
  • Beau0216
    39 posts Member
    edited April 15
    Options
    Bugged for myself and multiple people in guild have reported it
  • Options
    I don’t see how they don’t either give everyone max stats for p1 or reschedule. 4 hours is a huge amount of time especially for tb for it to be down
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    Now at 4 hours, a few more questions:

Where is communication to the players?
    When will we receive the major compensation deserved for this gigantic blunder?
    Has anyone seen my torch & pitchfork?
  • Options
    Yep. Came here to see if others are suffering the spinning wheel of death. Need to get in and place toons.
  • Options
    My guess is they cancel it and restart in a couple days like they have done before. Don’t freak out yet peeps!
  • Options
    I would have expected a "hot fix" before now.
  • Options
    9sqbbx7mzwh4.png
  • Options
    9sqbbx7mzwh4.png
    This is amazing 🤣🤣
  • Link64
    52 posts Member
    Options
    This is an interesting dilemma for CG. If it is true that it only affects ROTE, that means lower GP guilds are happily going about their Phase 1, placing characters and running CMs.

If they restart TB tomorrow (my preference) everyone doing Geonosis and Hoth wasted their time today. If they don’t restart TB, all the other guilds including the high GP whale guilds have effectively lost an entire phase. Even with some make good effort, all the rest of the event is going to be negatively affected.

The longer this drags on, the greater the need for a restart. The longer this drags on, the greater the need for CG to make a decision and tell players doing Hoth and Geonosis if a restart is happening.

Either way, we need an update. As TB Officer for my guild, I gotta make plans one way or another.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    mt875249 wrote: »
    My guess is they cancel it and restart in a couple days like they have done before. Don’t freak out yet peeps!

That’s a reasonable assumption. If that’s the case, then we will have Conquest, TB & GAC all at the same time. My favorite. Maybe we could find a way to get players in game for a few hours more even. Oooo I got it, new raid launch requiring multi-attacks with same units available daily for total of 24 attacks.

They need to give out some kind of “max reward” to everyone (could be the crate top guild is earning), cancel the entire TB, and get it fixed before next one imo. Keep the current schedule that way and everyone should mostly be happy with better rewards.
  • Options
    Cancel this TB - reward guilds the same amount as they achieved for their last TB - then everyone will be happy!
  • Options
    My concern as a guild leader is even with the lost time that my guild may see an impact due to members unable to do the TB thing in the timeframe they have set aside for the game. As such it is unreasonable to complain to these members but means the guild is unable to fully utilise our GP. As such if it isn’t reset we run as do other of gaining less of a reward level as we would have otherwise.
    Also now hearing people having issues with the conquest pass!
    Only option I believe is to can this TB and re run it once the bugs are fixed taking place of the next TW.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    FofoBett wrote: »
    Cancel this TB - reward guilds the same amount as they achieved for their last TB - then everyone will be happy!

I won’t be happy because we were on a better trajectory going from 32 to 34+ stars. Even rewards across the board including Reva shards at minimum.
  • Options
    your new here right? apparently you forget how things work with cg, there wont be any communication until they fix it
  • Options

I won’t be happy because we were on a better trajectory going from 32 to 34+ stars. Even rewards across the board including Reva shards at minimum.
    Yes a simple but less reward (apology) and re start in a couple of days after the bugs are removed and drop the next TW from two rounds to one.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    nightwar wrote: »
    your new here right? apparently you forget how things work with cg, there wont be any communication until they fix it

lol not new, check the CRancor and SEE threads back in the day. Very familiar with CG. I left the forums because you’re right, we aren’t likely to see something benefit the players in such a way.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Yes a simple but less reward (apology) and re start in a couple of days after the bugs are removed and drop the next TW from two rounds to one.

A restart affects Geo & Hoth TBs that are working perfectly fine, not sure that’s a great option.
  • Options
    Same problem as well with me and members of my guild.
  • Options
    All those expecting ‘max rewards’ are going to be sorely disappointed..
    We’ll get a couple hundred GET1, GET2 and GET3, but that’s it..
    They are probably going to reschedule in a week or so, which means an even longer wait time to get our rewards..
    Grr..
  • Options

A restart affects Geo & Hoth TBs that are working perfectly fine, not sure that’s a great option.

Yes would have to be across the board for a restart. Doing it like that allows the TB to run as they should but at a later date. Then the only compensation will be for the single TW round that is less rewards anyway. Doing that gives them a few days to sort it out. I think it is the only fair way.
  • Options
    Link64 wrote: »
    This is an interesting dilemma for CG. If it is true that it only affects ROTE, that means lower GP guilds are happily going about their Phase 1, placing characters and running CMs.

If they restart TB tomorrow (my preference) everyone doing Geonosis and Hoth wasted their time today. If they don’t restart TB, all the other guilds including the high GP whale guilds have effectively lost an entire phase. Even with some make good effort, all the rest of the event is going to be negatively affected.

The longer this drags on, the greater the need for a restart. The longer this drags on, the greater the need for CG to make a decision and tell players doing Hoth and Geonosis if a restart is happening.

Either way, we need an update. As TB Officer for my guild, I gotta make plans one way or another.

Interesting point, I hadn’t considered that, it makes restarting a lot less likely but hurts everyone hitting RoTE a lot more. Unless they think the players in the guilds doing RoTE are worth more to them than those doing the lower TBs…
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options

Yes would have to be across the board for a restart. Doing it like that allows the TB to run as they should but at a later date. Then the only compensation will be for the single TW round that is less rewards anyway. Doing that gives them a few days to sort it out. I think it is the only fair way.

It’s fair except for any guild spending their time on Hoth & Geo right now. They are putting in efforts while everyone running RotE is just sitting. If the restart happens, their efforts are a complete waste. That’s my only point against what you’re saying.
    Rootdev wrote: »
    Link64 wrote: »

Interesting point, I hadn’t considered that, it makes restarting a lot less likely but hurts everyone hitting RoTE a lot more. Unless they think the players in the guilds doing RoTE are worth more to them than those doing the lower TBs…

This could be the way CG rationalizes cutting & restarting. They would be getting rewards not even available to them since they chose Geo or Hoth.
    All those expecting ‘max rewards’ are going to be sorely disappointed..
    We’ll get a couple hundred GET1, GET2 and GET3, but that’s it..
    They are probably going to reschedule in a week or so, which means an even longer wait time to get our rewards..
    Grr..

You’re probably right, but I would rather fight for more than immediately accept less simply because we all know the type of people we are dealing with at CG/EA. Certainly apathy over their policies and customer service continues to let them off the hook.
  • Options
    I am now able to get into the ROTE TB (after short delay). Weirdly, I am also able to get into the Geo TB. Have no idea what's going on here and am afraid to do anything.
  • Konju
    1180 posts Member
    Options
    And now it’s LS Geo, awesome job CG.