TB compensation

Prev1
I'm pretty sure my guild scored more than 1 star last TB, and even if we hadn't, isn't the reward for one star a bit more than a single credit?
Can we expect a compensation for the compensation?

1q88pecm7hgj.jpg

Replies

• Options
    Aronnax wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure my guild scored more than 1 star last TB, and even if we hadn't, isn't the reward for one star a bit more than a single credit?
    Can we expect a compensation for the compensation?

1q88pecm7hgj.jpg

It's CG's way to close out the event, you'll get your TB rewards at a later date
  • Options
    Got it. Thanks for the explanation. It was funnier when Inthought it was another screw-up though.
  • Options
    I don't feel like we've been kept posted this week.

Everyone is afraid of moving guilds until the rewards are sent. We (alliance) plans moves after TB rewards, but it's impossible to plan for pre-TW moves.

Some timing clarity would be really nice today before the weekend.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Figure we wont get rewards until the time the event should have ended.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Figure we wont get rewards until the time the event should have ended.

That's my guess as well
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Options
    Honestly, I'll be really surprised if we get the rewards within the next three weeks. CG isn't known for their prompt compensations
  • Options
    The anticipation for the clone wars chewie shards is killing me.
  • Options
    It is now only 8 hours until GAC locks and no TB rewards...

To say the least, this is not helpful.
  • Options
    paschasc wrote: »

But everyone is in the same boat. Your opponents didn't get any rewards either.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Rius
    368 posts Member
    edited April 23
    Options

Not really. In a game with many players at different progress in guilds of varying size this is not something impacting everyone the same. Was everyone due to unlock Reva this week? Many have already unlocked and some are far off. There are some cases where players are having a worse experience than yourself or reasonably more disappointed.

Proof this is not hyperbole as you keep claiming in other threads.

rah3ss0nzznl.png
  • Options
    I was personally about to unlock Reva this TB round, and have saved up tons of gear, relic mats, zetas, and omis for her that could have been used on other characters instead, so that's a big disadvantage vs those who either already have her or are far enough from unlocking that they could just farm other stuff freely
  • Options
    Rius wrote: »

Not really. In a game with many players at different progress in guilds of varying size this is not something impacting everyone the same. Was everyone due to unlock Reva this week? Many have already unlocked and some are far off. There are some cases where players are having a worse experience than yourself or reasonably more disappointed.

Proof this is not hyperbole as you keep claiming in other threads.

rah3ss0nzznl.png

I'm not arguing that it's not inconvenient. I'm saying that all that's happening is you're being delayed from a single unlock for what will probably be no more than a week or two. You're not going to suddenly win all your matches because you unlocked Reva. You may climb a bit - but you'll still do that once they deliver the rewards. If you already have all the gear and zetas and relic mats saved up, the only thing that changes here is time. You'll still get all the GAC crystals that you think you had coming to you - just a little bit later. We spend months unlocking and gearing characters and people are acting like waiting a week or two is changing the whole game for them - it's not.

I get that people are upset - I don't love that rewards have been delayed - but I think the impact of this is being greatly over stated for effect. As if CG doesn't know that they need to get this done.

They know. They're working on it. People being ugly about it and overstating things doesn't change anything.

As an aside - congrats on the impending Reva unlock.
  • Options
    The fact is that everyone should already have the rewards and they don’t. There’s a ripple effect of potentially losing TW, GAC or other rewards due to delayed unlocks or other improvements. It’s probably a small fraction of players but it’s still something that’s happening due to CG’s mistakes. If it was a one off I’d be more inclined to say mistakes happen and move on but this has become a pattern with CG. They release something, it’s not properly tested, it causes problems and they don’t communicate well about the solutions. Continuing to excuse it without pushing back will make things worse not better. I agree some people were being a little ridiculous expecting rewards the day it was cancelled but I don’t think its unreasonable to expect to receive at least communication on when the rewards would go out by the day TB would have ended.
  • Options
    Tsfletch wrote: »
    The fact is that everyone should already have the rewards and they don’t. There’s a ripple effect of potentially losing TW, GAC or other rewards due to delayed unlocks or other improvements. It’s probably a small fraction of players but it’s still something that’s happening due to CG’s mistakes. If it was a one off I’d be more inclined to say mistakes happen and move on but this has become a pattern with CG. They release something, it’s not properly tested, it causes problems and they don’t communicate well about the solutions. Continuing to excuse it without pushing back will make things worse not better. I agree some people were being a little ridiculous expecting rewards the day it was cancelled but I don’t think its unreasonable to expect to receive at least communication on when the rewards would go out by the day TB would have ended.

You really think the problem is that CG doesn't get enough pushback?
  • Options
    I wouldve been able to start this GAC with a relic'd SLKR, if id of gotten rewards on time
  • Options
    Vyper03 wrote: »
    The anticipation for the clone wars chewie shards is killing me.

Me, too. I'm only 3 shards away from 7* :smiley:
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    I was gonna unlock Reva, KAM, Wat, Rolo, and IPD...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    30 minutes to GAC lock, not expecting any surprises.
    Co-GL, Empire's 501st
  • TVF
    36618 posts Member
    Options
    nor should you
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    I don't get the big deal either. I get that you looked forward to unlocking something, but you will get it next time instead then..

Perhaps if someone spent a bunch of money to speed up all the other requirements needed for the unlock exactly at this time, you have a valid complaint, but I doubt that's the case for most.

Other than that, it's perfectly fine and fair that none of us get anything for a cancelled event.

If we do get something, without having to actually do the event, that's just free bonus stuff.
  • Options
    avtlmh0492j3.jpg
  • Options
  • Options

I think there are a lot of problems, none of which are going to be made better by all of us waiting patiently and quietly for CG to fix them. You think the problem is that CG gets too much pushback?
  • Options

I think there are a lot of problems, none of which are going to be made better by all of us waiting patiently and quietly for CG to fix them. You think the problem is that CG gets too much pushback?

I think the problem is that people have this idea in their heads that CG makes their decisions based on players feelings about anything at all.

What I know is that it's very easy to disregard a forum post full of speculation and emotion. People making up stories in their heads about how much better they'd be doing in GAC or TW if they'd have just got the rewards in time is just that - fantasy. Sure, it could be true - but it could also NOT be true so it doesn't make sense to make any kind of choice based on that. CG is not going to act on what people think "would have happened if".

The idea that CG is suddenly going to start listening to angry forum posters and change anything that they do based on that is a position I've seen several people take in the past. Based on all the evidence available, I'm not sure how someone comes to that conclusion. They've never responded to that in the past - and responding to it now or in the future just sends a message to players that if they scream loud enough and get angry enough that CG will do what they want. I can't think of a good reason that they'd do that.
  • Options

I think the problem is that people have this idea in their heads that CG makes their decisions based on players feelings about anything at all.

What I know is that it's very easy to disregard a forum post full of speculation and emotion. People making up stories in their heads about how much better they'd be doing in GAC or TW if they'd have just got the rewards in time is just that - fantasy. Sure, it could be true - but it could also NOT be true so it doesn't make sense to make any kind of choice based on that. CG is not going to act on what people think "would have happened if".

The idea that CG is suddenly going to start listening to angry forum posters and change anything that they do based on that is a position I've seen several people take in the past. Based on all the evidence available, I'm not sure how someone comes to that conclusion. They've never responded to that in the past - and responding to it now or in the future just sends a message to players that if they scream loud enough and get angry enough that CG will do what they want. I can't think of a good reason that they'd do that.

The forums are, for lack of a better word, a forum for the players to interact and also to express their feelings and opinions about the game. That’s what they’re here for, and unfortunately people are a lot more likely to post about problems. Realistically CG is not going to respond every time players get mad about something but hopefully when they see enough backlash they will be motivated to work on the problems. We saw issues with raid rewards and frequency addressed due to players speaking out about their dissatisfaction with those so yes, there is precedent for CG making changes based on pushback. I agree that the overly emotional complaints probably don’t carry the same weight as the reasonable arguments but sometimes people need to vent. It all adds up.
  • Options
    uob8rkajy51b.png
  • Options

I believe we are living in yesterday's tomorrow...Of course, it's not COB in Cali yet.
  • Options

I believe we are living in yesterday's tomorrow...Of course, it's not COB in Cali yet.

"Should" is the new "soon".