Apple Card Promotion Issue

Prev1
So bought a $25 and $50 apple card. Redeemed the $25 one first with no issue. Then proceeded to do the $50 one and the bonus did not come through. Anyone else experience this issue? Is there a way to get the bonus after the fact by reaching out to support?

Replies

• Options
    I bought the $25 card, got the prompts through Apple Store etc.. and just never received the gift in my inbox. It’s been about 3 hours now and nothing.
  • Options
    I also bought a $50 Apple Card and never received my gift in game
  • rm1969
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Same here. Got prompt from Apple Store but no gift in game on $50 gift card.
  • Options
    I never even got the prompt from the Apple Store. Just a whole bag of nothing
  • Options
    As a follow up, I called apple support. The first level of support said it was an EA issue, but I didn't let them hang up. The second level of support was incredibly nice and eventually found a code to give me the proper rewards in the promotion. It "only" took 1.5 hours on the phone with support
  • Options
    I just did both of them, I didn’t receive anything in game but went to settings and then restore purchases, worked instantly!
  • Options
    I didn't get the reward in game until I went into a purchase prompt for something else, in game, after redeeming the gift card. I didn't have to buy something in app, the purchase window pushed the rewards through I guess.
  • Options
    I got the prompt but the Click Here button to accept it didn’t seem to do anything. Reached out to Meathead and Crumb, and likely will put in an EA ticket shortly.
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    I’m at 26+ hours now of no responses from EA support in game, and apple said they were unable to help - any tips/advice?
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead Any chance you can assist those of us having issues?
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Jwicks3599 wrote: »
    I just did both of them, I didn’t receive anything in game but went to settings and then restore purchases, worked instantly!
    Same here.

Folks, have you tried to go to settings and restore purchases?

• Options
    Le_Blille wrote: »
    Jwicks3599 wrote: »
    Same here.

Folks, have you tried to go to settings and restore purchases?

I have, yes. Nothing happened. I tried to pretend like I was making a different purchase and nothing happened then either, aside from getting a message that I cannot purchase a $20 Crystal pack as I’ve reached the limit (what??). 🙄
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    I'm also having issues. I redeemed the promo on a $25 card, but have had issues with the $50. My fact pattern is a bit different, the rewards hit my inbox, then when I went to spend some of the credits, got a game restart. After the game restart the rewards are gone and restore purchases does nothing for me. I've opened a ticket, but my last ticket went unanswered, so hoping for something different here.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead - Can you open some sort of private thread for those of us experiencing issues? I see a lot of people are having them, and it may be helpful to consolidate them somehow or a place to see common bugs and resolutions. For reference, my ally code is 226-814-447. Happy to share screenshots of the bug I'm experiencing privately, if helpful, as I have a screenshot of the rewards being received, my account now, and the redemption of the gift card I used.
  • Options
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead In-game help has been horrid. Apple Support says I’ve redeemed the promo on their side. Can someone please assist me and the other folks having similar issues with this promo redemption?
    Go Pens!
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    381 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Can you give me your ally codes in PM?
  • Options
    I've also had this problem, i bought two 25 apple cards one for each account and i redeemed the cards and did not get the rewards, help is appreciated, thanks
  • Options
    Can you give me your ally codes in PM?
    Sent
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    I'm having the same issue. I sent you a PM.
  • Options
    I just had the same issue. I got the claim reward on my 50 dollar gift card to pop up but the button did not function and I was stuck on that screen. I sent in a ticket. Ally code 493-292-253
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    381 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Thank you for the codes, I do not need any more, I've passed them along to get investigated.

This isn't an issue I can personally fix, so please continue reaching out to Apple and our CS in the meantime.
  • Options
    one thing. I had done the cards on my iPhone, but when I went into the game with my iPad, I didn't get the rewards, but when I logged into the game on my iPhone. The rewards came in. so maybe you have to log into the device where you redeemed the apple gift cards with.
  • Options
    I got an email from apple that my gift card included a content bonus and I was able to get rewards through that.
  • Options
    If people could update here when the issue is fixed I’d appreciate it and thank you for being first into the breach.
  • Options
    Thank you for the codes, I do not need any more, I've passed them along to get investigated.

This isn't an issue I can personally fix, so please continue reaching out to Apple and our CS in the meantime.

Apple sent me to in-game help, and in-game sent me to Apple. :-/
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    Maybe someone can answer this because I cannot find it in a search. I am seeing “Apple Cards purchased from participating retailers” (target) for my area. At what point are we able to verify when redeeming the Apple Card that it was purchased at target. I’ve redeemed Apple Card’s for game purchases tons of times, and when redeeming I just take a picture of the card number and it’s activated…nowhere does the source of purchase come into play. What is different about the Apple Card’s sold at the gas station, or hardware/grocery store versus those purchased at target?
  • Options
    Shammit wrote: »
    Maybe someone can answer this because I cannot find it in a search. I am seeing “Apple Cards purchased from participating retailers” (target) for my area. At what point are we able to verify when redeeming the Apple Card that it was purchased at target. I’ve redeemed Apple Card’s for game purchases tons of times, and when redeeming I just take a picture of the card number and it’s activated…nowhere does the source of purchase come into play. What is different about the Apple Card’s sold at the gas station, or hardware/grocery store versus those purchased at target?

Was wondering the same thing…
  • Options

I have spent the past 4 days working with Apple and “customer support/help” through the app - Apple shows the code being redeeemd and is unable to issue the rewards in app, EA game support is telling me I have to go through Apple. I know this isn’t your area of responsibility but this is disheartening to say the least. Can you talk with support and let them know it is an EA issue, not Apple?
  • Options
    For anyone still having this issue, I was able to get it corrected through Apple Support after several service calls. Here’s what we did:

Apple Support unredeemed the gift card. Then they had me specifically re-redeem it through the App Store app rather than through the iTunes App or the Apple ID interface. Once I redeemed it through the App Store interface, the Claim Now button worked and the game opened. A few seconds later, the promo popped up in my inbox.

It seems if you redeem the gift card anywhere else but through the App Store app interface, Apple shows the promo as received but it never actually goes over to the game.
    Go Pens!
  • Options
    @EvgeniKessel what method did you use to contact apple support? Phone number? chat? Thanks for any help!
  • Options
    @Stuarcl Started via chat. They were able to see the promo was redeemed. Escalated to a callback where the supervisor unredeemed the gift card, and then we tried several options until we figured it out.

Go Pens!