CG should cancel GAC event.

Replies

• Notthatguyfrombefore
    1078 posts Member
    edited April 24
    Options
    Rubberb0y wrote: »

Why? If theres issues (shock and horror who couldn’t see that coming) then everyone’s equally affected.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It was only 15 minutes into GAC and about 25 minutes of "server maintenance."
  • Options

Why? If theres issues (shock and horror who couldn’t see that coming) then everyone’s equally affected.

Because if you attack you get stuck due to maintenance issues and ultimately you will lose your battle.
  • Options

Because if you attack you get stuck due to maintenance issues and ultimately you will lose your battle.

But if you attack, knowing that there’s an update coming, because there was a message pushed in game, then that’s your choice to do so. Any consequences are on those players who make that choice.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Options
    It rebooted again when I was checking Inbox messages. Definitely not doing any GAC attacks until much later
  • Options
    Probably a bit overdramatised to cancel the whole thing (which would be the entire week of GAC) due to an issue which likely affect a very small portion of the player base.
    Only really impact those who were mid battle when update issues hit.

Even if we are all locked out of the game for 12 hours (unlikely) it would affect all the same and only impact round one of the week, so again, that scenario could be met with a desire for compensation, but not cancellation imo
  • Options

But if you attack, knowing that there’s an update coming, because there was a message pushed in game, then that’s your choice to do so. Any consequences are on those players who make that choice.

No message was alerting you until you validate the 1st run
    zy8itmhvit0w.png

Then it was count as fail while you win with max point

agb6w117zhak.png

And finally, still without avoiding you to connect ingame, when I returned on GA I saw that I was playing against another team…

htc9hgz6zsde.png
  • Options

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

And finally, still without avoiding you to connect ingame, when I returned on GA I saw that I was playing against another team…

htc9hgz6zsde.png

I was talking about the message earlier in the day giving the time of the pending update of an hour ago, not messages players have been getting since the update.
  • Options
    The server maintenance was done and I got back into the game. Everything was fine for 10-15 minutes and then it decided to hit me with another server maintenance and booted me. Bit hard to get things done when this thing happens. All I’m saying is that it’s bad timing for this when a GAC is on. They should restart it for people affected by it…. IMO . Feel free to have a differing opinion. 🧐
  • crzydroid
    7318 posts Moderator
    Options
    They should at least reset the attack phase and delay the thing by a few hours if they don't cancel it altogether.

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

I was talking about the message earlier in the day giving the time of the pending update of an hour ago, not messages players have been getting since the update.

Except there was no such message this time. Furthermore, usually when those things pop up, it doesn't affect battles. The forced restart happens when you try to attack, and doesn't count as having started the battle. This time, it allowed you to enter a battle, and then gave you an unprecedented server maintenance error when the results tried to submit. This is a totally novel situation. They've canceled GAC before for similar errors, and should definitely do so again.
  • Options

Well the good news is that it rolled back the attack so no need for anymore of your bombastic attitude that it is somehow the players fault for attacking even though their client has been updated. Kind of win for all, no harm no foul and off you go!
  • wildnz
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Due to family commitments I had to do my attacks in the first hour and a half (traveling and spotty internet access). I got no server maintenance message pop up but was not worried even after winning my first battle when the "must restart" message appeared as it never "counts" the battle. I got into the game and loaded the gac first screen but when I went Into the map I got the server maintenance error. Saw the forum message saying it was stopping people loading the game , nothing about dropping battles. Managed to load the game so thought I was ok , but next battle in I got the server maintenance message after winning and had to restart. It was at that point I noticed I had a lost battle on the team I was fighting and the team I was using was gone , but worse still the first team had a loss on it as well (this has not happened to me before).

Not sure about restarting or cancelling gac , but what does it take for CG to learn about planning maintenance windows when it's customers are least using the product.
  • Options
    My spouse also was affected by this unannounced server reset. He was doing his grand arena, fighting a group that he really only had one counter for, won, and then saw a message that there was server maintenance.....When he was able to get back in, that fight was not won, showing one attempt, and his group was used up. Being a serious Kyber 1 fellow and where every fight counts, he is understandably upset by this since he will likely lose a match he was confident he was going to beat. This means lost crystals for winning, and more importantly lost standing.

I don't understand why there wasn't a 15 minute maintenance warning with the time it will go down at least, that message would have saved a lot of lost fights for folks.
  • Options
    Lost a battle due to the update and force restart, see below (you can just about make out the error behind the pause screen, couldn't capture it better), probably will cost me the round...

No warning beforehand and as soon as I did the forced restart the game was fine, so it must have been over and done with during the battle... Frustrating to be sure, and not a welcome one.

5ukobjr8yrv1.jpg
    eorxukfo6jnd.jpg
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited April 25
    Options
    Nope, 120 conquest energy for the B1 problem and fix
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Why do people attack when they were warned of an update at that time?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    LordDirt wrote: »

Why do CG usualy launch updates during GAC attack phase? Maybe updates and maintenance shouldn't be timed for GAC attack day? GC regularly makes this "mistake", which we end up suffering. Yes, this has been proven, many people indicated that their 1-1 attacks were a waste because of this, because either it could not have happened or the system did not report it.
    And don't come at me saying that it's a user error, because why can the user do anything about the fact that updates are released on these most important days from the point of view of the game, which regularly cause problems for several hours! Tell me how long should we wait these days with the attack before the situation is restored?
    Leave the GAC offensive phase alone! It's not that complicated, just 3x3 days in a month when they SHOULD NOT perform any update.
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

Why do CG usualy launch updates during GAC attack phase? Maybe updates and maintenance shouldn't be timed for GAC attack day? GC regularly makes this "mistake", which we end up suffering. Yes, this has been proven, many people indicated that their 1-1 attacks were a waste because of this, because either it could not have happened or the system did not report it.
    And don't come at me saying that it's a user error, because why can the user do anything about the fact that updates are released on these most important days from the point of view of the game, which regularly cause problems for several hours! Tell me how long should we wait these days with the attack before the situation is restored?
    Leave the GAC offensive phase alone! It's not that complicated, just 3x3 days in a month when they SHOULD NOT perform any update.

You have 24 hours to attack. Just dont attack for the 1 minute when they announce the update.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • nottenst
    697 posts Member
    edited April 26
    Options

You have 24 hours to attack. Just dont attack for the 1 minute when they announce the update.

Most of the time that approach works. This time there were restart glitches that continued for almost one hour. While I don't think they should cancel GAC, I do think there should be some compensation due to all those restarts.
  • Options
    Olderaan wrote: »

After such updates, the uncertainty time, during which the system may request a restart at any time, for example, is much more than 1 minute.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    They should at least reset the attack phase and delay the thing by a few hours if they don't cancel it altogether.

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

Except there was no such message this time. Furthermore, usually when those things pop up, it doesn't affect battles. The forced restart happens when you try to attack, and doesn't count as having started the battle. This time, it allowed you to enter a battle, and then gave you an unprecedented server maintenance error when the results tried to submit. This is a totally novel situation. They've canceled GAC before for similar errors, and should definitely do so again.

alternatively, i think a 250 crystals to everyone makegood works too?
  • Options
    Yeah, half the people are still going to win and you can't know for sure that a loser lost because of this. (Even if the server doesn't register that they attacked during the crucial period, they could have just gotten word from a guild mate about the error and then not had time later after it was fixed -- which means that there would have been no activity, but it still would have been because of the bug).

250 is something around half the difference between winning and losing (the exact amount depending on your league of course) toward the higher end, much more than that at the lowest ends. That makes sense.
  • Options
    Imagine if they decided to just send out a mea culpa compensation rather than exhausting all efforts to figure out exactly how much was lost and by whom.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

25,000 tho
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt
    5025 posts Member
    Options

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

I think 500 crystals
  • Options

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

I think 500 crystals

I'll see your 500 crystals and raise you 500 GAC currency.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    This gac didn't start well from the beginning.
    And watch it now.
  • Options

zy8itmhvit0w.png

agb6w117zhak.png

htc9hgz6zsde.png

its 900 for a win in K1... so we should start at 900

• Options

If the notice came out with adequate amount of time for people (all around the world) to complete their runs, sure. However, their notice did not result in a minor outage, it resulted in a massive lock out causing everyone to not accomplish their battles. That is no fault of the the individual player at all. Most people like to strategically wait until their opponents play, which results in last minute battles. The fact that they chose to mess with he game so close to the biggest crystal payout in game was not the players fault, it was CGs. Please do not defend the game when clearly no care was taken to the player base.
  • Options

its 900 for a win in K1... so we should start at 900

No. Because 1/2 people will still get credited for a win, and the people who lose won't get 0 crystals, they'll get something. More than 200, but I don't remember off the top of my head. Maybe 300?

And, of course, you can't tell how many of the people who lost would have lost anyway.

With ~600 difference between a win and a loss in k1 but most people having a much smaller difference, 250 seems like a good number of crystals. The trickier bit is round rewards. If you would have finished in a higher position, that's slicing mats, etc. you lose as well.

But, again, the same number of people will gain in standing as lose -- by definition. So any rewards above and beyond the round rewards doesn't actually get us closer to fair by win/loss standards. As compensation for frustration that's a different thing, but you were talking about comparing rewards to what you would get in a win.

250 crystals for everyone + extra slicing mats for everyone who finished in places 5-7 to make their slicing mats equal to 2-4, and for place 8 to make it equal to places 5-7 would be okay, but beyond that, it gets very, very subjective as to what compensation is fair for frustration.