What can a guild do

It is becoming a real issue trying to keep members on track and around with how things are.
We had the failed TB/ROTE over a week ago and no compensation for that and now today we have members possibly missing out on a number of thing and uncertainty hanging over others.
Members missing on GAC round three attacking and the rewards from that and overall position. Missing proving grounds and other events. And now unsure how this current TB/ROTE will pan out. All without any compensation.
How do our guilds keep players and manage to tell everyone to keep hanging in there?

Replies

• Options
    It is becoming a real issue trying to keep members on track and around with how things are.
    We had the failed TB/ROTE over a week ago and no compensation for that and now today we have members possibly missing out on a number of thing and uncertainty hanging over others.
    Members missing on GAC round three attacking and the rewards from that and overall position. Missing proving grounds and other events. And now unsure how this current TB/ROTE will pan out. All without any compensation.
    How do our guilds keep players and manage to tell everyone to keep hanging in there?

We are getting the TB rewards tomorrow, all you had to was check the forums to see that.
    I'm sure there will be another make good sent out for the GA issues.
    No one in my guild has complained once I told them when the reward is expected.
  • Options

It helps having a guild of adults that have patience

It’s a game not real life.
    The game was working fine before this current TB went live and unlike last TB that only affected the TB, this one is affecting the whole game.
    The common factor in it is the TB and the new Mando planet. Members will get over having a bugged game play and let’s face it other games out there that can also be played. No one want what is happening right now that’s for sure.
  • Options

The game was working fine before this current TB went live and unlike last TB that only affected the TB, this one is affecting the whole game.
    The common factor in it is the TB and the new Mando planet. Members will get over having a bugged game play and let’s face it other games out there that can also be played. No one want what is happening right now that’s for sure.

I know it’s a game, you’re the one that seems overly upset.
    Take a deep breath, things will work out

Only asked a question. Not that upset with anything. Gee I’m sorry I posted.
  • Options
    Compensation for last one will be 30th April ( USA time I guess so this will be May 1st for us)
  • Options
    I gathered that said guild needs to be managed better if players are leaving over this.

I've had a F2P guild for 8 years, currently 350 million GP. Rules, must set good rules and only keep active players. If they don't log in before 24 hrs each day, kick them out. You can be down 10+ members and still do good. Key to a successful guild is attract new members, keep spot #50 open and always search for another good player.

Also, every game has its issues but this game is over 8 years old and still around. That's actually pretty good as I've seen so many online games crash and burn over the years.
  • Options
    I gathered that said guild needs to be managed better if players are leaving over this.

I've had a F2P guild for 8 years, currently 350 million GP. Rules, must set good rules and only keep active players. If they don't log in before 24 hrs each day, kick them out. You can be down 10+ members and still do good. Key to a successful guild is attract new members, keep spot #50 open and always search for another good player.

Also, every game has its issues but this game is over 8 years old and still around. That's actually pretty good as I've seen so many online games crash and burn over the years.
    Yeh lucky so far that while we have lost some over the time (normally around changes like datacrons) we have stayed strong. New reliable players are definitely getting harder to find and I guess that’s why the question. With these issues of late I do hope we don’t lose more and the game starts to crash. Not as much new players and with less new Star Wars content around of late there is less interest. I think we definitely need to keep in mind how we can keep what we have now. Reading comments there are some already saying this was the last straw and I have little doubt it will affect some.
  • Options
    Usually things pick up in the summer and around releases. Sometimes I go a week or two with 48 members but other times players join right when I remove someone. I always go back to 50 and that's when everyone knows not to be caught slipping lol
  • Wrathe
    205 posts Member
    Options

Actually, Mandalore showed up fine. This effected login and communication delays when your client sent feedback. That's a transit error and likely wasn't code based. I know it's everyone's fun thing to do (crap on CG), but the uptime on the game service is actually really **** good. Consider the small team, it's that much better. Also, it's typical that servers/networking services are outsourced/cloud based (think Amazon Web Services), at which if something occurs, they have to wait on the upstream provider to troubleshoot.

I don't know if they announced what went wrong, they normally don't as they don't want customers knowing the design topology as it can encourage poor behavior (pretty typical in gaming).

To the original question though, ya tell the guild to hang in there and relax. If they quit over this, they were out the door already, they just didn't realize it yet.
  • Options
    Wrathe wrote: »

Actually, Mandalore showed up fine. This effected login and communication delays when your client sent feedback. That's a transit error and likely wasn't code based. I know it's everyone's fun thing to do (crap on CG), but the uptime on the game service is actually really **** good. Consider the small team, it's that much better. Also, it's typical that servers/networking services are outsourced/cloud based (think Amazon Web Services), at which if something occurs, they have to wait on the upstream provider to troubleshoot.

I don't know if they announced what went wrong, they normally don't as they don't want customers knowing the design topology as it can encourage poor behavior (pretty typical in gaming).

To the original question though, ya tell the guild to hang in there and relax. If they quit over this, they were out the door already, they just didn't realize it yet.
    What ever it was it seems to be happening again to me at least. Unable to get back into the game this afternoon
  • Options
    Let's remember that it's only a game and summer is coming...
  • Options
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    Let's remember that it's only a game and summer is coming...

No no you mean winter is coming. 😂
  • Lumiya
    1575 posts Member
    Options

What ever it was it seems to be happening again to me at least. Unable to get back into the game this afternoon

Try to clear your Cache, if that doesn't work try to clear the cache and delete game data(not uninstalling the game, just delete the data where you also can clear the cache)
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Options
    Lumiya wrote: »

Try to clear your Cache, if that doesn't work try to clear the cache and delete game data(not uninstalling the game, just delete the data where you also can clear the cache)
    Took me a while but I checked for updates and there was one for iOS there. Loaded the update and working all fine again.