Can we please nerf Rey and kylo events

Prev1
Legit
52 posts Member
edited June 27
These characters have been out for several years and they are still some of the most hardest events in this game that cost us greatly. I have officially stopped farming for Rey’s ultimate as I have been trying over and over for the past 6 months. I have spent real money to get the tickets to keep retrying and I have failed every time. Before you come at me with your guides and advice I have tried everything. I have remodded tried different characters but to no avail. I’m so tired of CG screwing me over again and again. So many other games that just do it right. This game however gets it wrong almost every time.

Replies

• TargetEadu
    1693 posts Member
    Options
    It’s a hard event, sure, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone trying for 6 months without any success.
  • Options
    Ok, but there is no way you arent just doing it wrong though. Like, follow a guide EXACTLY. Same exact mods, same turn order, same everything. Bump up the relics too. From recent experience, it's not that hard.
  • Aftershock88
    16 posts Member
    edited June 28
    Options
    You miss the point. CG want you to spend to bump up relics et al. It is not within their interest to make it easier for you. You can stop farming but that will make holds in GAC less likely less crystals and hurt yourself. I had a heck of a time too but I understand what they want "your money" not to make you happy. And "No" I beg to disagree as a player who has returned after 2 years the LSB was a giant step in the right direction (unless you bought the jedi bundle on pc-client). Sure they make mistakes ie indestructible GG. "7day" oops assault battles but with any agile S/W company release first and fix later is the normal. If you want perfection this game would be dead and releases would be sporadic and I would not have ahnaldt101 awesome rants to watch.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    Legit wrote: »
    These characters have been out for several years and they are still some of the most hardest events in this game that cost us greatly. I have officially stopped farming for Rey’s ultimate as I have been trying over and over for the past 6 months. I have spent real money to get the tickets to keep retrying and I have failed every time. Before you come at me with your guides and advice I have tried everything. I have remodded tried different characters but to no avail. I’m so tired of CG screwing me over again and again. So many other games that just do it right. This game however gets it wrong almost every time.

As others have already said, it’s not that hard. Watch some guides and follow what they suggest
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options

As others have already said, it’s not that hard. Watch some guides and follow what they suggest

As I mentioned I have done all of those multiple times. I have remodeled, tried different team combos ect. I could have built up my GAS team by now rather than trying to beat this event. I’m not relicing anyone further than what they are. If I can’t beat the event with the recommended specs that I just won’t play it. Other GL event from what I have seen are now where near as hard compared to this and kylo. If it didn’t cost me crystal refreshes and energy then it wouldn’t be so bad but this ticket system is so dumb.
  • Options

I agree that these events are not that hard but the question in my mind is, should they be hard at all?
    The gear grind for the reqs and the ticket grind should be the hard part and the event should be a celebration of your accomplishment by showing your newly built SLKR team destroy other teams in the event in such a way that its basically impossible to lose.
  • Options
    Ok, but there is no way you arent just doing it wrong though. Like, follow a guide EXACTLY. Same exact mods, same turn order, same everything. Bump up the relics too. From recent experience, it's not that hard.

I agree, I upgraded resistance toons to relic 7 when they only needed relic 5. The event is harder then others but just giving up and asking for a pass is kinda insulting to others that figured it out. The OP doesn't want to hear this but he/she is doing something wrong. Following the guides for mods and strategy and it will be completed, trying to cut corners will not end well though.
  • Options
    The event is harder than others but just giving up and asking for a pass is kinda insulting to others that figured it out. The OP doesn't want to hear this but he/she is doing something wrong. Following the guides for mods and strategy and it will be completed, trying to cut corners will not end well though.

This
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options

I agree, I upgraded resistance toons to relic 7 when they only needed relic 5. The event is harder then others but just giving up and asking for a pass is kinda insulting to others that figured it out. The OP doesn't want to hear this but he/she is doing something wrong. Following the guides for mods and strategy and it will be completed, trying to cut corners will not end well though.

Or it’s just me not supporting a bad game design. That’s what wrong with many gaming communities is when the devs do something bad they rant for a day and then accept it. I for one will not accept this. I play other character collector games and none of them do dumb things like this. I don’t think you all heard when I said I’ve spent months doing this event. If I gave up in a week sure I need to put on my big boy pants and keep trying but this is just outrageous.
  • Options
    Or it’s just me not supporting a bad game design. That’s what wrong with many gaming communities is when the devs do something bad they rant for a day and then accept it. I for one will not accept this. I play other character collector games and none of them do dumb things like this. I don’t think you all heard when I said I’ve spent months doing this event. If I gave up in a week sure I need to put on my big boy pants and keep trying but this is just outrageous.

Nah, you're just not following the guides 100%
    I did it recently and it wasnt very hard. No need to boost up relics, just match the mod recommendations and attack patterns
  • Options
    I never dropped a battle on the Rey ult event using R7 Rey, R7 JTR, R5 Resistance Finn, R7 R2-D2 and R7 BB-8. Focus on SLKR first and be sure not to use any turn meter removal abilities (JTR 2nd special) as this will boost their stats. Use the event special ability on JTR to force her to taunt and use lifeblood to keep her going. It's slow going to get SLKR down but you'll get there.

Here's BitDynasty's guide which is extremely helpful

https://youtube.com/watch?v=fKZGcQ3-Zhk&t=7s
  • Options
    I will say that Rey and SLKR are nothing compared to GL Liea Organas tier 2. Tier 2 will make you rage and then rage some more lol. RNG gods really need to be on your side for that one.
  • Options
    I could be dazed and confused but if l kinda remember correctly, don't u just need potency mods on captain han and just do basics to get expose?
  • Jimika
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry dude, I just finished Rey and did not fail a single tier.
    R5 Zorii and a R7 Rey were my MVPs.
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options

You not winning does not make it a bad game design.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options
    Jimika wrote: »

Zorii was not even in the game when this event came out. I should not have to relic a character that wasn’t even meant for this event.
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Actually it does. I’ve seen many many people complain about both the kylo and rey event.
  • TargetEadu
    1693 posts Member
    Options

Actually it does. I’ve seen many many people complain about both the kylo and rey event.

People say it’s hard. You’re the first I’ve seen who said it was impossible.

You have a swgoh.gg? Curious what you’re working with.
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

https://swgoh.gg/p/229745413/
  • TVF
    36831 posts Member
    Options

Still no.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Mods are definitely a problem. Go back and follow the recommendations in the guides
  • herd_nerfer
    2126 posts Member
    edited June 30
    Options

Are you really saying right now that this community just needs to complain more and the game would be better? If complaining about it made a game better, this would be a AAA title by now. People have been complaining about this game for 8 years. This forum is littered with proof of that.
    Zorii was not even in the game when this event came out. I should not have to relic a character that wasn’t even meant for this event.

This person is saying, "here's an easy button for this event" and your response is to reject the suggestion because that method isn't like the hard way that you've already proven isn't working for you after months of trying?

Zorii elevates all those otherwise useless relic toons - having resistance and not having Zorii is like eating oreos with water instead of milk. Sure, you can do it - but it doesn't make it a good idea. And if she makes the event easier, all the better - I really don't see the problem. I wish I had such an option when I unlocked Rey.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Options
    I’m suddenly hungry for Oreos for some strange reason 😂
  • Phoenixeon
    1848 posts Member
    Options
    Huh?
    Nothing relic above requirements, all 5a to 6e mods with speed +8x to 9x are able to do it.
  • Options
    I had some real troubles after I unlocked her, and am still in the grind, but I just got her to r5 and now am making progress again. I made the same mistake with JML. Once you’ve got the unlock you’ve gotta put into the toon to keep going in the journey.
  • Options
    Jimika wrote: »

This person just offered you an easy way to beat it that most of us never had, I would have thanked him/her. I upgraded hero finn and poe to relic 7 and that wasn't a requirement. I did what I had to do to beat it...............
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options

Are you really saying right now that this community just needs to complain more and the game would be better? If complaining about it made a game better, this would be a AAA title by now. People have been complaining about this game for 8 years. This forum is littered with proof of that.

This person is saying, "here's an easy button for this event" and your response is to reject the suggestion because that method isn't like the hard way that you've already proven isn't working for you after months of trying?

Zorii elevates all those otherwise useless relic toons - having resistance and not having Zorii is like eating oreos with water instead of milk. Sure, you can do it - but it doesn't make it a good idea. And if she makes the event easier, all the better - I really don't see the problem. I wish I had such an option when I unlocked Rey.

I’m not spending 4 months to farm and relic a character for one dumb GL. I will have another GL plus a full GAS team by the time I have zori ready. I’m not wasting anymore time on this.
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options

Mods are definitely a problem. Go back and follow the recommendations in the guides

I’ve been farming mods all those months and I’ve only gotten a few good ones. You’re just repeating what I’ve already talked about. I have followed every guide there is to follow.
  • Legit
    52 posts Member
    Options

Yes in fact a proven theory in the gaming community is to give constructive criticism and keep doing it until the devs listen. This is not new at all.
  • Blubcop
    430 posts Member
    Options

I’m not spending 4 months to farm and relic a character for one dumb GL. I will have another GL plus a full GAS team by the time I have zori ready. I’m not wasting anymore time on this.

I'd suggest farming zorii anyway, because she makes the other half of your resistance just too good. While you farm her you could try the event without her and hopefully you finish it before you have zorii ready. If not, you can then use zorii for the event.