Omega mats and abilities that require less than 80

Stevespear426
436 posts Member
edited April 2016
They must be creating another way to get these mats besides the dailies at max level. Or they didn't do a very good job of checking these messages before shipping. Basic attacks should be able to go to level 8 at lvl 76. Obviously this would not be possible if you can acquire the mats until 80.

105pssk.png
Post edited by Stevespear426 on

Replies

• godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    Options
    It's like that for all the toons. Makes me made because I saved alot of purple mats that are useless
  • Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    It's like that for all the toons. Makes me made because I saved alot of purple mats that are useless

So you're saying you don't have any other tunes that might possibly need the tier 3 ability Mats
  • Options
    Oh look at that I wasn't looking at their basics. Hers was just the first I came across. I'll change the title. Still doesn't make sense to say requires level 76 if it actually requires level 80 to get the materials.
  • Options
    They must be creating another way to get these mats besides the dailies at max level. Or they didn't do a very good job of checking these messages before shipping. Basic attacks should be able to go to level 8 at lvl 76. Obviously this would not be possible if you can acquire the mats until 80.

105pssk.png

Just out of curiosity but where did you read you can't get the mats till lvl 80?
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    Make sense, it simply means this skill can be upgrade at l76, but obtaining the mats are different story..
  • Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

105pssk.png

Just out of curiosity but where did you read you can't get the mats till lvl 80?

From the update notes.

"Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material."
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Omega mats are awarded daily when you finish all objectives, and are at level cap (80).

You only see a problem now because the cap was raised.

Many players will get to level 80, start working on Daka, and have the mats ready when she hits 76.

For newer players, this will not be such an issue.
  • Options

105pssk.png

From the update notes.

"Max Level Player Daily Activity – The Max Level Player Daily Activity is only displayed to players at max level and rewards a new Ability Material."

Ok. I see what you mean. But it doesn't say that's the only way to get it. I think it means when you get to 80 you no longer gain xp. So you get an ability mat. I imagine there will be other ways of obtaining the omega mats
  • Options

105pssk.png

From the update notes.

Ok. I see what you mean. But it doesn't say that's the only way to get it. I think it means when you get to 80 you no longer gain xp. So you get an ability mat. I imagine there will be other ways of obtaining the omega mats

That's what I said in the OP... First sentence...
  • Options
    Timitock wrote: »

I think you should try and make 1 new account now. After 2 months if you reach lvl70 you will be crying about experiencing in gw and arena.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    Jjwong80 wrote: »

I think you should try and make 1 new account now. After 2 months if you reach lvl70 you will be crying about experiencing in gw and arena.

No, Rangers do not cry...

GW is difficult before you cap and have a decent bench.

Arena is difficult on my server if you arent capped.

Barriss trivializes a good portion of GW.

Changing the subject does not negate my valid points.

Also, some people are just better than others at things.

I am sure I would be fine.
  • Options
    Omega mats are awarded daily when you finish all objectives, and are at level cap (80).

You only see a problem now because the cap was raised.

Many players will get to level 80, start working on Daka, and have the mats ready when she hits 76.

I agree with some of what you say. This issue really only affects your arena team, which is usually kept at the same lebel as your player level. Other toons won't be affected as much since by the time you get to leveling them up you will likely already be at 80. However, your many squad will likely be lvl 76 days or even weeks before you see your first omega mat if they don't provide another source.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh look at that I wasn't looking at their basics. Hers was just the first I came across. I'll change the title. Still doesn't make sense to say requires level 76 if it actually requires level 80 to get the materials.

uhmm.. when you'll get to lvl 80 and you'll build a toon up from scratch you won't have to lvl it to 80 to upgrade all his skills.. or maybe you will reach 80 but won't have already leveled up every character you own to 80 aswell, but you could increase theyr skill along the way!
    Res non verba
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I also hope there will be other ways to farm Omegas (GW final reward?, Challenge awards? Cantina 7?), but am not holding my breath.

They will be the item that defines winners.

People that have been farming longer will have an advantage until you can catch up.
  • Options
    Bora wrote: »

uhmm.. when you'll get to lvl 80 and you'll build a toon up from scratch you won't have to lvl it to 80 to upgrade all his skills.. or maybe you will reach 80 but won't have already leveled up every character you own to 80 aswell, but you could increase theyr skill along the way!

Have you read this thread? We've already established that. We are saying that our many toons who will be leveling with us to 80. Will have to wait for 80 even though they're abilities should be upgradeable at 76. This is if another source of omega mats is not provided of course.
  • Bora
    440 posts Member
    Options

Have you read this thread? We've already established that. We are saying that our many toons who will be leveling with us to 80. Will have to wait for 80 even though they're abilities should be upgradeable at 76. This is if another source of omega mats is not provided of course.

My apologies, usually i do, these time i just missed posts where this was already addressed!
    Res non verba
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

My apologies, usually i do, these time i just missed posts where this was already addressed!

NP. It's probably not a big deal since everyone will be in the same boat. Still seems kind of silly on their part though.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    So, at first we will all have to wait until 80 and then some before we can start leveling up the toons' final abilities. Toons that we decide to level up later won't be affected by that. This applies to everybody btw. I don't see the problem.
  • Stevespear426
    436 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nonemo wrote: »
    So, at first we will all have to wait until 80 and then some before we can start leveling up the toons' final abilities. Toons that we decide to level up later won't be affected by that. This applies to everybody btw. I don't see the problem.

There's no problem per se. I just think it's a poor design to have a situation where a toon could have met the requirements for an upgrade, but have no way to get the materials for it.
  • Options

105pssk.png

From the update notes.

That's what I said in the OP... First sentence...

@Stevespear426 - my bad. I misread it
  • Yarzahn
    329 posts Member
    Options

105pssk.png

Or you might be level 80 already and still upgrade abilities for whatever level 76 toons you have. It's only a problem for when you are level 76-->80.
    But yes, it's silly to gate it like that. I expect they will sell those mats for gems or money in a month or two.