Sidious potency fixed?

Prev1
Tiggus
766 posts Member
I've used and faced Sidious a few times since the update (Arena, GW, challenges) and he's no longer his all-potent old self:
  1. It took me Boba Fett being healed fully 3 times in the Droids challenge (on auto) to realize that my Sidious hadn't given him heal block
  2. Played some more with Sidious and all his attacks were "resisted"
  3. Went into GW and the same applied to the enemy Sidious-es: much fewer DoTs, and fewer heal-blocks too.

That's great news for GW! It will become much easier now that we don't have to handle these pesky heal-blocks on every stage!
On the other hand, Droids challenge will no longer work on auto... it will just drain your battery to death.

I, for one, welcome that change (fix -- he has 0% potency after all)!
☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/

Replies

• DestructusKloud
    103 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Yeah, if he was an STD, you would need a pat on the back and you'd be fine.
    It's disappointing that a maxed Sidious can't even land one debuff.
    I mean, one time he crit the entire enemy team apply extra debuffs and they resisted literally everything.
    Needs a rework or rebalance or re-something. He's just s**t for the best sith in the franchise.
    Post edited by DestructusKloud on
  • Options
    My Sid rarely applied heal immunity in challenges and Dark Side Hard Nodes. I did notice Kylo applying it more than Sid
  • Options
    Mine applies his debuff with about 60-70% success but I have seen it dip a lot lately
  • Cexy
    15 posts Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing this, When I use him on droid challenge the block always gets applied, and earlier in GW he got 3 of my toons blocked in a row
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, perhaps he was just having a bad RNG day, but it was significantly worse than every other day (Sidious is probably the single guy I'm battling the most, maybe with Lumi). Without precise numbers, he used to DoT and heal-block a lot (maybe 90%), and yesterday/today, it was sometimes (maybe 50%).
    But well, as I said, I didn't gather stats, so crowd wisdom is my next best guess / confirmation.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    Options
    I use Yoda.

None of Sids debuffs seem to stick to my team for the first few turns...
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm weird. I've played the Droids challenge 6 times now, and I assume Sidious is hitting about 10 times per challenge (all 3 battles, standard and special hits combined), and he landed exactly 0 debuff. All DoTs were explicitly "resisted" (the word appears 2 times on all 3 or 4 toons).

0 out of 60 starts to be a little too low to be just a bad losing streak, no?

My Sidious is 7* level 70 (and used to land debuffs regularly), maybe he got ill?

Not like I mind so much because it just means I have to keep an eye and target the droid before Boba Fett while the thing plays in auto, and I don't use Sidious anywhere else, but it looks a lot like a bug.

In GW, it looked like he applies debuffs less than before, but he does sometimes.

Anyone else's Sidious is sick too (or not sick?)
  • Options
    Same here Sid healing immunity don't seem to land much any more
  • Multar
    44 posts Member
    Options
    I think that Boba take a buff in the gear challange, cause no negative status can be applied on him.. I've tried even with anakin and others but he doesn't take any debuff.. Sidious works as usual in other battles so i think is just for that challange the problem :)
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Normally I don't buy into this kind of thing, but I've noticed many fewer heal immunities landing. Especially in the challenge. Wonder if this is a permanent thing
  • Toolio
    175 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I noticed Sid hasn't landed a DOT all day.
  • Options
    I don't think this ridiculous lack of successful debugging will be fixed unless his obtainable lvl 80 gear actually grants him significant potency. Trouble is, they made the already absurdly painful gearing process even more painful by arbitrarily adding meaningless gear ingredients that do nothing other than stonewall character progression.
  • noizer
    86 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    Hmm weird. I've played the Droids challenge 6 times now, and I assume Sidious is hitting about 10 times per challenge (all 3 battles, standard and special hits combined), and he landed exactly 0 debuff. All DoTs were explicitly "resisted" (the word appears 2 times on all 3 or 4 toons).

Just tryed the droid challenge too and I had 0 debuffs but not only from Sid but from any other player, including daka stuns, and poggle hability block on any of the 3 stages. Perhaps this challenge has some stats to avoid negative effects

• Celeburnio
    16 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I have a feeling that's happening at all challenges, except for the Mace and Savage ones, where I can reliably de buff them. Debuffs are just needed for challenges, and I'm starting to believe I can't land a stun on Vader, Boba or Cad...
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah I am a full Jedi user and he didn't apply healing immunity nearly as much on my squad.

DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    Options
    Challenges work differently than real battles. I also notice the bosses usually have a high resist factor. I think it's intended and in GW/Arena or LS/DS missions this should be the same still.
    Don't they have increased tenacity or potency (whichever on defense) that causes bosses to resist more?

Same for the Mace challenge, lot of stuff doesn't get applied a lot.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    Yes i see this too. Maybe they increased Boba Fett's resistance in the challenge. Still seems to be the same in arena/gw.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, I noticed the change in the Boba challenge. Haven't noticed any other change yet though. I'll keep my eyes peeled.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    Options
    He does land healing immunity in GW - just not 100% of the time, which is a relief. Today he landed 3 in one node. So it's not broken.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Mine's the same in the GW. His healing immunity lands often, and so does the AI's.

As for the training droid challenge, only the droid on the right heals Boba. Just hit auto and select that droid. They'll kill it and then move to Fett. Don't have to worry about him being healed.
  • Skilz
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Why does every single **** gw battle have this **** **** in it. I'm so sick of Sid... I want to destroy this **** game sometimes.
  • Options
    Well the 3 challenge bosses are totally immune to stun and apparently it's impossible to steal their buffs. I tried to take fetts potency up with Yoda and he refused. I tried a few times but I guess he's allergic or something? Its not like the cert challenge got any harder, they just made him more immune. Still hits like a limp tissue paper so it's whatevs
  • Options
    He no longer applies it on Boba Fett. But he still landed on me in every GW battle yesterday...
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Duckoo
    279 posts Member
    Options
    I miss Sid being more potent. Rex doesn't give my characters a second turn nearly as much anymore.
  • Options
    Definitely the case that most of the challenge bosses are resistant to all debuffs except the ones calling for you to use debuffa like the savage or windu challenges.

However, in arena and gw is now as potent as a wet fart, at least for a player controlled team, AI controlled Sid still lands twice as many debuffs as mine will. It's bad enough that I've just dropped Sid from my arena squad as without the debuffs he's not a useful toon
  • Options
    Yeah my Sidious hasnt been landing anything lately either.
  • Options
    Yeah my Sidious hasnt been landing anything lately either.

Have you noticed an increase in your regular enemies gear/star level? Maybe because everyone's teams are all maxed out now there is generally a lot more Tenacity running around
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    Options
    I just played a Hard Node battle and, like in challenges, all debuffs (Sidious' and others') failed on the first 2 stages (the ones with generic clone troopers in my case).

It looks like they've tweaked (fixed/broken?) something on some of these PvE battles: debuffs just don't work anymore. Not that it really matters anyhow, except tit makes it harder to use these to "test" your alternate toons now.
  • JediMindTricks
    1077 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've noticed this also, especially today. Did they say they reduced it? I didn't see anywhere saying they did. If not I guess it would be considered a "stealth nerf" which is really sad. With the time, materials, credits and sometimes real money it takes to max a character out if they start stealth nerfing it's not gonna stop with Sid. Makes me wonder if it's even worth playing this game anymore. I don't think I wanna spend money on a game to get a character max only to be weakened later on. Nerfs are the main reason why I really hate playing online games.

EA is going on about making wrong decisions like this if indeed it was nerfed, I mean there are toons that remove Sids heal immunity so there is no need to nerf it really. People just need to farm those debuff toons.
  • LMYYYKS
    333 posts Member
    Options
    So the devs have successfully reduced a toon from useful to mediocre. His AoE doesn't land much DoT and his basic can roughly land a HI 1/10. He is now just another spare rotational toon without a purpose.
    Luckily I stopped starring him up since a few days back when he just got his 5th star.