Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    AdamW wrote: »
    Yea it would be vital to know, guild thread doesnt know what the **** is goin on.

lol how sad would it be though if we were only limited to 25 members

The way larger guilds will handle this is to create Tiers or groups of players and have multiple guild groups playing so, as an example, Group 1 would be your best players who are mostly whales, Group 2 may be dolphins, Group 3 may be advanced free player teams, etc....

Yeah segregate everyone so the haves have more and the have nots get screwed.

It's their guild, they can do whatever they want.

Then if I was a have not I wouldn't be in yours. Sounds like you only want to look out for you not the less privileged players.

Funnily enough we are just discussing that for the first time now.

For PVP it will be lopsided, one will be the most powerful, the other will be weak.

For PVE e.g. Rancor battles they will both be even. The difficulty level of the rancor will likely be tied to the total power of your guild.

From what we've seen so far the only guild battles that are being made now are PVE.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    My 7 man guild will pwn newbs!

Not really. But hopefully we will kick some rancor tail.

Do rancors have tails?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    isreal wrote: »

Do rancors have tails?

Yes, but the tail is fairly short:

Rancor_Handler-statue-l.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • isreal
    200 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    isreal wrote: »

Do rancors have tails?

Yes, but the tail is fairly short:

Rancor_Handler-statue-l.jpg

That just makes it easier to kick!
  • Starjumper
    993 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Man, this forum is messed up.

So @cosmicturtle333 posts a question about the new guilds and tags in the devs and has an answer within 35 minutes. Kudos to you for asking the question.

I ask what I consider to be a valid question 10 minutes later in the same thread tagging the same devs and it's silent and the tumbleweeds fly by. :D:D

Edit - I see why now. I forgot the xoxo at the end
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    WOW, getting an actual confirmation number is pretty awesome and almost shines a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel. Nice to also hear that some more information will trickle out this week. I was worried we were going to have to go a full month before anything more was said. Looking forward to more.... :)
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Starjumper wrote: »

So @cosmicturtle333 posts a question about the new guilds and tags in the devs and has an answer within 35 minutes. Kudos to you for asking the question.

I ask what I consider to be a valid question 10 minutes later in the same thread tagging the same devs and it's silent and the tumbleweeds fly by. :D:D

After ur question, another would have one too. Then another. LoL

May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

After ur question, another would have one too. Then another. LoL

Exactly. This is part of the reason I really don't blame the devs too much if they don't post a lot. The second they do, there are 412 follow up questions. I do appreciate when they do answer though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Pocobor
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Hope they make it Unlimited, so a whole Server can be one Big Guild.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Pocobor wrote: »
    Hope they make it Unlimited, so a whole Server can be one Big Guild.

Its 50
  • Options
    Erm. Figured it's easier to chime in on your post @cosmicturtle333

I apologise for tagging in the devs but I have another pertinent question for @CG_JohnSalera @EA_Jesse @CG_RyDiggs @CG_AaronNemoyten

If the guilds are going to be cross server which I presume they will be. We have a lot of people with the same generic default names. Will they have the option for a one time name change or perhaps a one time change for 10/20 crystals? I know clash did a similar thing when they introduced wars. Otherwise you could have 10 Mol Eliza in your guild and communication will be difficult.

Again apologies for tagging everyone but figure this may need some attention

you can contact customer support for a name change. i know a couple people that have done this.
  • Options
    @Starjumper - Yes, the XOXO's are what did the trick. :-)

Actually, @J0K3R is right. This would be a slippery slope, and I'm trying to avoid putting too much info into a thread for two reasons:
    1. Jesse is working on detailed posts about the update which should answer a slew of questions about it.
    2. Not everyone is going to read this particular thread, whereas Jesse's posts will be "announcements" that are more likely to be read by more players.

I jumped into this thread because Cosmic's question was very targeted and because I could see his point that players would want to start planning how to organize their Guilds. I then followed that up with a note about Jesse's forthcoming posts.

However, to address your question (if somewhat incompletely):
    1. We don't really have different "servers" in the Arena. They're different leaderboards.
    2. Guilds can have members from across the game (including from different leaderboards).
    3. Adding the ability to change your name is something we want to get in for the release, but it isn't yet in. It's very much "on the bubble", so no promises that it will make it but we'll try. You have a very valid point, and another reason we want to get it in.

Hope that helps.

XOXO
  • LaLiam
    1589 posts Member
    Options
    @Starjumper - Yes, the XOXO's are what did the trick. :-)

Actually, @J0K3R is right. This would be a slippery slope, and I'm trying to avoid putting too much info into a thread for two reasons:
    1. Jesse is working on detailed posts about the update which should answer a slew of questions about it.
    2. Not everyone is going to read this particular thread, whereas Jesse's posts will be "announcements" that are more likely to be read by more players.

I jumped into this thread because Cosmic's question was very targeted and because I could see his point that players would want to start planning how to organize their Guilds. I then followed that up with a note about Jesse's forthcoming posts.

However, to address your question (if somewhat incompletely):
    1. We don't really have different "servers" in the Arena. They're different leaderboards.
    2. Guilds can have members from across the game (including from different leaderboards).
    3. Adding the ability to change your name is something we want to get in for the release, but it isn't yet in. It's very much "on the bubble", so no promises that it will make it but we'll try. You have a very valid point, and another reason we want to get it in.

Hope that helps.

XOXO

Thank you for taking the time to explain, I look forward to Jesse's announcement.
    {RotE}
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Edit - I see why now. I forgot the xoxo at the end

Haha... Didnt think @CG_JohnSalera would be hiding in one of those tumbleweeds, did yah?! :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Now THAT'S a preview! Excellent stuff!
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Options
    Yes this finally sounds exciting !
  • Options
    FINALLY!!!! A worthwhile preview. Nice job, devs!
  • Options
    Yaaaay
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    Options
    Excellent preview. Looks very interesting
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    Wow - nice work devs! This sounds like a huge step up in game experience. Thanks Jesse :)
  • Blev08
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I really hope this isn't going to require me to join a guild to advance.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Now THAT'S a preview! Excellent stuff!

Couldn't have said it better myself. Crap, agreeing with Qeltar.
  • Options
    I ... feel ... hopeful
  • Options
    Lookin' Gooooood!
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    This is a great preview, however...

It's REALLY confusing haha.

Do the Shared Activities earn Guild bank Currency or Individual Guild Currency? It just says Guild Currency, not specifying which of the two. Is Guild Bank Currency something we contribute ourselves, or do our actions add to this while ALSO adding to our individual currency total?

Are Guild Shipments guild purchases or individual purchases? Does the Guild Bank Currency count towards these same Guild Shipments or is it something else entirely? Do Guild bank Currency purchases purchase perks for the guild, or individuals?!?

THIS IS ALL SO AWESOME BUT MY HEAD IS GONNA EXPLODE
  • Options
    #Aaylaforguildshipments

Here we go!
  • Options
    Sounds excellent, best news I've heard since the I started playing
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Options
    I am a lonely whale looking for a pod for the up and coming guilds, needs to be a top 5 team that is willing to put in the effort.