Guild Preview Discussion Megathread

Replies

• Options
    ...Okay Devs you did a good job once
  • Options
    @Naecabon
    Shared Activities will award both currency types.

Guild Shipments are individual purchases. Guild Bank Currency is for the Guild Leader to use to do Guild stuff :)
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Chef5
    369 posts Member
    Options
    excellent update, great info.

Hype is for real!!
  • Higher
    165 posts Member
    Options
    **** this is exciting
  • Shaakti
    109 posts Member
    Options
    A++++++
  • Options
    Sounds promising
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    Options
    Now THAT is something to look forward to and a wonderful update with real information.
  • Options
    As a seasoned player, I'll reserve my judgement until I see how it's implemented.

Devs must address following things to make Guilds work in the manner fair to all:
    1. Will guilds be playable across servers or on one server only?
    2. Guild requirements. A limit in cumulative power / ranking is required. Otherwise a guild formed of top 50 ranked players will dominate and gazump all Guild / Raid rewards.
    3. Guild chat can be abused to block rankings before payout.
    4. Guild currency: if only a Leader decides and others are at his mercy, will this create millions of guilds with leaders but no members?:)

I'll leave it there. My heart says "yay", my head says "wait, let's see"
  • Mo_liza
    786 posts Member
    Options
    Finally real information. What a good step forward.
  • Options
    Pretty cool! Will a guild be assigned to one timezone and the activities stick to that timezones schedule, or will they be based on each members timezone?
  • Options
    So, does the Guild mates have to put guild money in the bank? Another game I play guild members have to pay to join guild activities.
  • Options
    @Mol_Eliza_99999

1) They will be able to have members from all "servers", just like your allies list.
    2) There won't be a limit on power/ranking. You'll still be able to receive your rewards from your Guild without having to worry about another Guild.
    3) Payouts are for your Guild only, you don't need to worry about other Guilds.
    4) I highly doubt there will be millions of Guilds, because you need members to actually complete stuff efficiently :)

@Delmon_Ciiidrr I believe the plan is to have the timzone for activities and such to be assigned to the Guild Leader. So yes, a Guild will be on one timezone.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    I was expecting guilds to look a lot like EA's leagues in madden mobile but it looks like there are a lot of original ideas with the guilds. looking forward to it
  • Options
    @Reddplague no, you don't have to put money in the Guild Bank, completing Guild Activities deposits currency, as does just playing the game.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the answer!
  • Options
    Great stuff! Thanks for the communication!
    - R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Options
    Do we know if you are limited to your own server for forming guilds?
  • Options
    Nvm. Just read Jesse
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »

@Delmon_Ciiidrr I believe the plan is to have the timzone for activities and such to be assigned to the Guild Leader. So yes, a Guild will be on one timezone.

Please tell me this means the timing of the events will tie into the time zone of the leader, and not that there will be a "same time zone" requirement for all members of a specific guild.

It's no fun to only play with peeps from N/A...

- R.I.P. Carrie Fisher -
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse - Thanks for the prompt and helpful answers.
    My question: Will there be scaling to accommodate smaller guilds? Not everyone wants to be in a large one. Will a guild with 20 people be viable, or will it get far fewer rewards than one with 50? How about 10? 5? 2? 1? :)
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Great stuff!
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse - Thanks for the prompt and helpful answers.
    My question: Will there be scaling to accommodate smaller guilds? Not everyone wants to be in a large one. Will a guild with 20 people be viable, or will it get far fewer rewards than one with 50? How about 10? 5? 2? 1? :)

Good question
    @EA_Jesse please provide a frank answer
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses @EA_Jesse!

Can you confirm if we will be able to bank shards in the guild bank for other members to buy?
  • EA_Jesse
    663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
    edited April 2016
    Options
    @Dantefire - correct, the timing of the events will just tie into the time zone of the Guild Leader, your Guild mates can be from all over the world.

@Qeltar - scaling? not that I know of. You'll be able to do stuff, it'll just be slower, and you may have a harder time completing the Daily Guild Activities. Rewards will be the same.
  • LordSkunk
    173 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Welcome to LordSkunk.com’s Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes Live Stream! Today we will look at the recent announcements of Raids, Guilds, Chat and more to the game coming throughout April. Also we will look at some of the top players in the world’s progression and thoughts on the level cap increase so far. Need help or advice? Hear from the best and ask questions in our Live Chat. Featuring Lord Skunk with Special Co-Host and Guests! We will cover general SW:GoH discussion as well as answer any questions. Also going to complete Arena matches, Galactic Wars and look at both perspectives from my Free to Play and Pay to Play Accounts. And always I will answer any questions and of course we will have some general Star Wars discussion.
    Post edited by LordSkunk on
  • Options
    @JumbuckJedi no, you will not be able to bank shards for other members to buy.
  • Options
    Whahooooo
  • Options
    #Aaylaforguildshipments

Here we go!

Support this I will 1+
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Do players who have no interest in joining guilds have any way of getting the same rewards?
  • Options
    Nice work Jesse, one question though.

In the old game data it says there is a cost to create a guild. Of this is the case how much will it be?

I don't want to spend all of my crystals if I'll need to save if for the guild.

Is this only paid once by the leader/creator or can other members chip in?

Thanks for your great work over the past few days. :)
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.