another merged server

Prev1
My server has now merged, what tipped me off?
I'm usually 40-60 in arena and now I can't get out of the 90's. In fact I lost every fight this morning so I think I'll be going down a lot further during the day :(
Also I don't recognise 8 out of our top ten players!

I don't actually have a problem with this (keeps it interesting), what I do have a problem with is that A) official denials that it happens and B) no warning was given
Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.

Replies

• Options
    Or maybe you just got unlucky and got attacked a lot by people who fought up.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    So,

Interesting note. I have a couple people in my guild that are on the same server... One started in November.. the other in January. If they aren't merging servers, they are at least removing inactives and freeing up some space for new people to join.
  • Sweep
    58 posts Member
    Options
    It's spring break for a lot of people right now - guessing that means more time to play. Seeing new players on my server as well.
  • Options
    Doubt it. More likely that more people are active because the lvl cap increase and tactics are shifting.
  • Options
    Please stop spreading rumors that servers are merging, it simply isn't happening. You may be seeing players who are playing again due to the level cap increase.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Please stop spreading rumors that servers are merging, it simply isn't happening. You may be seeing players who are playing again due to the level cap increase.

So the fact we have two people who started 3 months apart is what? Possibly they installed the app in november and then I guess didn't play? This is just what I was told, but I don't see why the two would lie about it.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

So the fact we have two people who started 3 months apart is what? Possibly they installed the app in november and then I guess didn't play? This is just what I was told, but I don't see why the two would lie about it.

Well maybe they installed the app in november and didnt participate in the arena. In the top 50 rank i see new name pop up as well. Well maybe they move from top 100, Since i dont keep tracking..
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Song wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »

Well maybe they installed the app in november and didnt participate in the arena. In the top 50 rank i see new name pop up as well. Well maybe they move from top 100, Since i dont keep tracking..

Maybe. I will ask them.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    EA/CG has always consistently denied that they do this. Take it for whatever it's worth.
    I know that I rarely see new faces in my shard's top 50, but I do sometimes. One guy I just made contact with on the Reddit, and he had been way down in the 500-1000 range and now is in the top 50. Sometimes people just start playing more or whatever.
    There isn't much reason to merge shards, and if they did, wouldn't we have forum regulars who never fought each other and now suddenly are together? I haven't seen this said even once. Seems unlikely.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    I normally sit around 50-100 in my early Dec server but the past 2 days I've finished #2 so it's just possible some people at moving up!
  • Options

I respect what you are doing and I appreciate that you are passing on information that you have been given.
    But I didn't make this up in order to start a rumour. Fact is that I usually win 4 fights and lose one each day in arena, but today I lost all five to team make ups (and names) that I haven't seen before.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Options
    how many servers are there?
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    how many servers are there?

One server. Over 9000 shards.
  • Options

I respect what you are doing and I appreciate that you are passing on information that you have been given.
    But I didn't make this up in order to start a rumour. Fact is that I usually win 4 fights and lose one each day in arena, but today I lost all five to team make ups (and names) that I haven't seen before.

No one said you made it up. He just said you were wrong.
    There's just more players being active. People that weren't checking in each day and staying near rank 1000, now catching up to you and improving.
    Your problem is they are getting better and you're staying the same. don't make up a fake explanation because you can't keep up. You really just don't know.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I myself have recently climb out of the cellar to top 10 to 20 ranks
  • Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    Lost in pvp, lost rank,must be the systems fault.
  • Options
    Eaywen wrote: »

One time many moons ago. I failed an exam due to cheating. But it wasn't my fault. I didn't pay attention in class. The school screwed me
  • ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    Options

One time many moons ago. I failed an exam due to cheating. But it wasn't my fault. I didn't pay attention in class. The school screwed me

If you failed while cheating, you're doing something wrong! Lol.
    Maybe they combined you class with another and it just seemed like you failed. Lol.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    There are many possibilities here

Some who stopped playing for a bit and then drop a few hundred crystals to race to the top

Some who have been stalling off levels and building his or her Galactic war team. Suddenly wants to be more active in PVP once their squads are built

Some who played a few levels and then stopped due to work or personal reasons. Comes back weeks later to climb the pvp ladder.

I would give them EA benefit of the doubt

• Eaywen
    422 posts Member
    Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »

Maybe they combined you class with another and it just seemed like you failed. Lol.

They combined my math and English into one class once, they called is trigonometry
  • Options
    how many people are in a shard? i would want merged shards eventually when old people leave and new people enter, otherwise wont there one day be only 100 people in the original shards?
  • Options
    When did you start playin GoH? When I started back in November, I was easily in top 50 and usually top 20 on my server with a 13,000 power rating. After 6 weeks or so, I could barely stay in top 500 with 22,000 PR. People advance, metas change, no big deal.
  • Cyclops
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I may have dropped from 40 to 150 but in the past two days I'm back at 48 so I'm good I guess.
  • Naifreak
    113 posts Member
    Options
    This kind of things happens. Sometimes i drop from 20 to 100, sometime i drop from 20 to 50 and on rare occasion i never drop a rank at all. Its all luck.
  • Options
    ChefHaze wrote: »

They combined my math and English into one class once, they called is trigonometry

Lol. Nice one
  • bbmiLo
    378 posts Member
    Options

why is it so hard to understand that other players are catching up to you?

i have been seeing a lot of new names in top 20 on my sever in past 10 days. they are simply players whose squads are getting more competitive.
  • Options
    Just to (hopefully) close this out, I wanted to reconfirm that:
    1. The game doesn't have separate servers or shards, but actually different leaderboards
    2. We haven't merged leaderboards or culled them for less active players or anything like that
    3. We currently have no plans to merge, cull, etc. leaderboards. However, if that changes the players will be well notified.

Sound good?
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    There going to close this thread because the mods have said 1.000.000.000 times that servers aren't merged and end up closing these threads.