Is Resistance Pilot the next best to farm in GW shipments after Lumi and Phasma?

Prev1
LeoRavus
1165 posts Member
I've got 4800 GW tokens saved up. Lumi and Phasma are already 7*.

I just fought a 7* RP in the arena she he/she nearly one-shotted two of my toons before I could kill him. I want to wait for the new meta but it takes so long to use your tokens I'm getting impatient already. lol

Replies

• Options
    IMO, Poggle is by far the next best toon to farm in GW. He's super versatile.
  • Options
    I'm currently farming RP. She seems decent but also a pit purple heavy on the gear it seems. Only have her at 5* now and already hitting pretty hard
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    RP and Poggle are the next best. I would say do both for a while to burn through some tokens, and once ya get to like 1.2k...focus on one. My vote would be RP. Poggle is a 1 trick pony and QGJ can do the same thing while being extremely versatile.
  • Options
    Poggle then I 86 then RP imo
  • Options
    Dathcha, he is pretty good, aoe ability block, constant stealth, above-par damage, and with more jawa on the way his crit chance will be insane
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    RP and Poggle are the next best. I would say do both for a while to burn through some tokens, and once ya get to like 1.2k...focus on one. My vote would be RP. Poggle is a 1 trick pony and QGJ can do the same thing while being extremely versatile.

I was thinking that when I use QGJ in the arena. A lot of people use Poggle but I usually don't see him as much of a threat and save him for last. Then again I've never used him.

I currently have RP at 2* and IG-86 at 5*. IG seems to die so fast that I stopped farming him a while back.
  • Options
    Teebo
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    RP you need assist callers to make him valuable. It allows him to punch hard and early and get is turn meter going.

Also has utility on an evasion squad.

He is to slow to include on a team that won't use is meter gains to get him extra attacks.
  • Metroway
    35 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    RP is like FOTP with foresight instead of advantage. Both hit very hard. FOTP hits a little harder but squishy. RP is more resilient. I have RP maxed and..... BOOM! Works very well with Dooku as lead.
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    RP you need assist callers to make him valuable. It allows him to punch hard and early and get is turn meter going.

He is to slow to include on a team that won't use is meter gains to get him extra attacks.

I've been leading with Phasma so that could work. I'm really looking for a LS cannon. Whenever I do light side matches I miss GS.

I also have Biggs and Dathcha at 4*. I don't think I've ever seen a maxed out Dathcha for comparison to RP.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    He works good on light side with QG. I finished light side using Lumi QG RP max a 4 star JC and a 4 star Barris.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I'm farming RP now, got him/her at 5* and 6 by morning, just a word of warning his/her gear is very hard to come by just to get him/her in the purple.
  • Options

i use RP for arena defense with Dooku(l), QGJ, GS, and 86. once she starts attacking, or if the opponents decides to focus her down, is when she starts to shine. if she doesnt get called to assist and tets ignored by the other team, shes kinda slow.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Slewfoot wrote: »

i use RP for arena defense with Dooku(l), QGJ, GS, and 86. once she starts attacking, or if the opponents decides to focus her down, is when she starts to shine. if she doesnt get called to assist and tets ignored by the other team, shes kinda slow.

How is 86? I ranked him lower than RP so haven't farmed him yet but looking for someone after Phasma hits 6 star tmw. He seems to be a slow GS. How does his basic hit? I wouldn't have any droids or Poggle to play him with.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Teebo!

LOL
  • Options
    86!! He's slow but he has the HP to take a hit.
    Most importantly he hits like a Mack truck lol.

Poggle and RP are worth having too, but I really like my slow clunky 86. He can function as a stand alone droid, especially with a Dooku lead or RG team. Once he gets going he can wreck you like nobodies business :p
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    wettshoes1 wrote: »

Poggle and RP are worth having too, but I really like my slow clunky 86. He can function as a stand alone droid, especially with a Dooku lead or RG team. Once he gets going he can wreck you like nobodies business :p

Ugh now I'm really torn. I have enough to 6* him and have 37 left towards 7*. Maybe I'll flip a coin.
  • Options
    LeoRavus wrote: »

Ugh now I'm really torn. I have enough to 6* him and have 37 left towards 7*. Maybe I'll flip a coin.

I don't know if this is a concern, but from what I'm told 86 is a lot easier to gear up than RP. Don't get me wrong RP is really good but the only time I ever worry about RP is if Dooku is lead and you see QGJ AND GS. whenever I see 86, I make sure to stun him and take him out no matter who else is on that team. If you ignore 86 you will pay for it lol.

I don't run RP - I have the shards to take him to 7* but I don't have the extra $$ to upgrade atm. Maybe my opinion will change once I max my RP.

• wettshoes1
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

Better yet farm both RP and 86 - truth is if you can finish GW daily you can get both up to 7* relatively quickly

• RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options

This thread got me to use my RP tonight as I never even used him/her before though I am farming him/her, he/she hits hard and can be fast even at 5*, cant wait to see him/her at 7*.

• LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options

I don't know if this is a concern, but from what I'm told 86 is a lot easier to gear up than RP. Don't get me wrong RP is really good but the only time I ever worry about RP is if Dooku is lead and you see QGJ AND GS. whenever I see 86, I make sure to stun him and take him out no matter who else is on that team. If you ignore 86 you will pay for it lol.

I don't run RP - I have the shards to take him to 7* but I don't have the extra $$ to upgrade atm. Maybe my opinion will change once I max my RP.

I usually go for 86 first too. I tried that with RP earlier today and that didn't go well at all. My first shot missed then all hell broke loose. I didn't notice the exact damage but one shot took Lumi from a full HP bar down to a red. Then he did the same thing to GS a few seconds later. I was like what???
  • Options
    I run resistance pilot with dooku lead and with ST han on the team. Lots of evasion, offense up, and turn meter. Works great for me. Ranked #14 today with about 4,000 less power than the other teams around me.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    I usually go for 86 first too. I tried that with RP earlier today and that didn't go well at all. My first shot missed then all hell broke loose. I didn't notice the exact damage but one shot took Lumi from a full HP bar down to a red. Then he did the same thing to GS a few seconds later. I was like what???
    These happened lol.........

Hip Fire - Deal Physical damage to target enemy with a 55% chance to gain 20% Turn Meter.

Guerilla Tactics - Resistance Pilot has +5% Critical Chance and +5% Evasion, and gains 22.5% Turn Meter whenever they Evade or score a Critical Hit.

Potentially 42.5 turn meter swing

Evade, turn meter goes up, he/she goes, turn meter goes up 20% again

• Options
    Completely depends on what you are trying to build/what you need right now

86 and RP heavy damage doers

Pog and Datcha for support and basic damage

Tusken Raider and Biggs for assist and synergy (biggs for ships when they come)

N Initiate fro high health good damage and Nightsister synergy

Magma and Teebo for team synergy

Lots of good toons all of them useful in the right team
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • InternetSwag
    2658 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Tier List
    1. Lumi
    2. Poggle/Phasma
    3. 86
    4. RP
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Options
    Tier List
    1. Lumi
    2. Poggle
    3. Phasma
    4. 86
    5. RP

Maybe move Phasma in front of poggle ?? But maybe not ... That's such a close call imo. All in all I support that list ;)

• Options
    Tier List
    1. Lumi
    2. Poggle
    3. Phasma
    4. 86
    5. RP

Maybe move Phasma in front of poggle ?? But maybe not ... That's such a close call imo. All in all I support that list ;)

Yeah you might be right. It's pretty tricky to rate them on their own without seeing the teams they're gonna be used in.

I guess it should be Poggle/Phasma
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    Options
    Poggle may be more useful later after 86 is ready, so I'll just go with 86. Eventually have Poggle lead, 86, GS, 88, and not sure who else. I'm getting bored with my current arena team.
  • 9r33d0
    492 posts Member
    Options
    All 5 of them are great! Emphasizing, the need to beat GW every day. Never mind all the other goodies you get. Seen a thread earlier asking if people considered GW tedious. To which I say, no. Hell, no! Give me 24 battles lol
  • Options
    RP is the first toon I maxed out. She is in my team from the beginning and never changed. I strongly recommend that you go for RP.